• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never made up ANYTHING about Okudah......that's your selective comprehension. I've told you point blank - Texas is in better position to land these kids than YOU think they are. That's not arrogance.....I'm working with what these kids have said out of their own mouths. Maybe Texas lands them and maybe they don't.

Arrogance is your "better program" talk
Well we are a better program, that's just a simple fact.

And you said Okudah was likely going to go to Texas because you supposedly knew something about how he "loved CS" or some bullshit, and now we find out he isn't even considering Texas in his top 6. That makes your remaining line of BS about these other kids not very credible.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are a better program, that's just a simple fact.

And you said Okudah was likely going to go to Texas because you supposedly knew something about how he "loved CS" or some bullshit, and now we find out he isn't even considering Texas in his top 6. That makes your remaining line of BS about these other kids not very credible.

No, I did not. I said Okudah COULD choose Texas and they were a better chance to flip him than most teams you think do. He's since stated outright he does not want to play within the state of Texas. I never said ONCE that he WOULD do anything.

And NO, you are NOT a better PROGRAM. You have a better team......don't confuse the two.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I did not. I said Okudah COULD choose Texas and they were a better chance to flip him than most teams you think do. He's since stated outright he does not want to play within the state of Texas. I never said ONCE that he WOULD do anything.

And NO, you are NOT a better PROGRAM. You have a better team......don't confuse the two.
Yeah, you did.
If Texas does indeed win 8+ games this year......Moses, Hines, Browning, Okudah will all most likely be Longhorns
I keep trying to tell you......Texas kids are HARD to pull out of state. Just because they're leaning your way right now.....if Texas wins 8+ games, they're going to Texas no matter what OSU does. You heard it here first.

And yes, Ohio State is a better program currently. They're a better team with better coaches, better facilities and more stability.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny.. 247 new rankings out. All of a sudden there are only 5 kids in the Texas top 20 signed out of state.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny.. 247 new rankings out. All of a sudden there are only 5 kids in the Texas top 20 signed out of state.
According to the composite rankings, there are still 7, and only two of them committed to Texas.

Also, some info on the Baron Browning situation:
Dotting the 'Eyes: Cam Akers unsure about Friday Night Lights, Baron Browning won't make it
“Browning won’t make it,” the source said. “He had a family issue come up and there’s no money for him to make the trip.”

Even though the country’s second-ranked outside linebacker prospect won’t make the visit, things are still progressing very well between Browning and the Buckeyes.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the composite rankings, there are still 7, and only two of them committed to Texas.

Also, some info on the Baron Browning situation:
Dotting the 'Eyes: Cam Akers unsure about Friday Night Lights, Baron Browning won't make it

Just commenting on the changes. 247 is the 1st to release new list. Others are going to follow suite. There is always a big shake up after the opening. I generally use composite, but its probably stale right now. I am sure it will be fine in a week or 2, after everyone sends out their new rankings.

"family issues". Yes, that is it. Had a huge family issue, so he will drive 3.5-4 hours to go to Texas. I would bet he ends up at Texas or where ever is brother lands a coaching job.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just commenting on the changes. 247 is the 1st to release new list. Others are going to follow suite. There is always a big shake up after the opening. I generally use composite, but its probably stale right now. I am sure it will be fine in a week or 2, after everyone sends out their new rankings.

"family issues". Yes, that is it. Had a huge family issue, so he will drive 3.5-4 hours to go to Texas.
The composite rankings are up to date right now, as well.

Also, a 4 hour car ride is significantly cheaper than flying from Texas to Ohio for, what, 4-5 people? Pretty easy stuff to figure out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The composite rankings are up to date right now, as well.

Also, a 4 hour car ride is significantly cheaper than flying from Texas to Ohio for, what, 4-5 people? Pretty easy stuff to figure out.

dont get excited. It is just my opinion that you generally stay home when there is a big family emergency. Not mention family emergency/transportation issue, seems to be the recruits version of "dog ate my homework".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont get excited. It is just my opinion that you generally stay home when there is a big family emergency. Not mention family emergency/transportation issue, seems to be the recruits version of "dog ate my homework".
Uh, no where in there did it say "family emergency". There are tons of things that come up that can make it not in the budget for a family to fly 4-5 people across the country, especially when they just paid to do it 2 months earlier. Spending $2,000+ for a trip isn't always feasible.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no where in there did it say "family emergency". There are tons of things that come up that can make it not in the budget for a family to fly 4-5 people across the country, especially when they just paid to do it 2 months earlier. Spending $2,000+ for a trip isn't always feasible.

tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep at night. Like I said the biggest part of his recruitment might likely be his brother's employment, so no need to sweat it now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep at night. Like I said the biggest part of his recruitment might likely be his brother's employment, so no need to sweat it now.
Shocking, more unjustified arrogance from the Longhorns fanbase.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont think you know what that word means.
tell yourself whatever you need to to sleep at night.
You didn't even know the circumstances surrounding him not going to Columbus this month until I just posted them, and then you act as if you know exactly what's happening like you have some secret inside info. You're sounding like an arrogant douche like starbigd, who just told me not long ago that no matter what happens, Okudah would be a Longhorn if you guys win 8 games or whatever.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't even know the circumstances surrounding him not going to Columbus this month until I just posted them, and then you act as if you know exactly what's happening like you have some secret inside info. You're sounding like an arrogant douche like starbigd, who just told me not long ago that no matter what happens, Okudah would be a Longhorn if you guys win 8 games or whatever.

upload_2016-7-13_15-19-7.jpeg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you did.

And yes, Ohio State is a better program currently. They're a better team with better coaches, better facilities and more stability.

You just proved me right. Read my quotes.....tell me again what I said. Because I've said the same thing this entire thread.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just proved me right. Read my quotes.....tell me again what I said. Because I've said the same thing this entire thread.
In response to Okudah (among other players), your exact words were "if Texas wins 8+ games, they're going to Texas no matter what OSU does. You heard it here first."

Yet now, your stance is "I never said ONCE that he WOULD do anything."

There's the problem, you literally did say what he would do.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In response to Okudah (among other players), your exact words were "if Texas wins 8+ games, they're going to Texas no matter what OSU does. You heard it here first."

Yet now, your stance is "I never said ONCE that he WOULD do anything."

There's the problem, you literally did say what he would do.

I said that they MOST LIKELY end up Horns......a qualifier you are missing on purpose.

That's a very large statement. Texas has to WIN first. There are no guarantees here. But unlike you, I do not believe everything is set in stone.

IF IF IF IF IF Texas wins, you'll see a LOT of those guys sign with Texas. WHY you think this is some controversial statement is mind boggling.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that they MOST LIKELY end up Horns......a qualifier you are missing on purpose.

That's a very large statement. Texas has to WIN first. There are no guarantees here. But unlike you, I do not believe everything is set in stone.

IF IF IF IF IF Texas wins, you'll see a LOT of those guys sign with Texas. WHY you think this is some controversial statement is mind boggling.
Holy shit man, you still don't get it. Did you know Okudah isn't considering Texas? Yet, you said if Texas wins 8 games, he's going to Texas no matter what OSU does. This is the kind of stuff that makes you look like you're talking out of your ass. This is why you have no credibility.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit man, you still don't get it. Did you know Okudah isn't considering Texas? Yet, you said if Texas wins 8 games, he's going to Texas no matter what OSU does. This is the kind of stuff that makes you look like you're talking out of your ass. This is why you have no credibility.

Okudah didn't grow up in Texas......and he's said that he doesn't want to play in the state. That is not info I had before he made his choice.

Recruiting isn't an exact science......you're going to be wrong all the time. I don't work for a recruiting service here. But I am working with information I have from several of these kids families directly.

MANY of the ones we're discussing already want to go to Texas.....they want to see some wins and positive direction first before they do anything. All of them are in a group on a social media platform that talk together with a large number of last year's signees. Why everyone was shocked at Texas' class but Texas fans weren't is because we already KNEW this. Those kids all talk in one group......they already planned out what they wanted to do as a collective. They're planning this year as well. But Texas has to produce.