• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree in principle, but I think the fact Alabama is the premiere CFB program right now, and have been since kids his age started watching football, plus all the NFL players coming from there, then throw in what OJ Howard did on the big stage last year just make Alabama the top choice for many players.

Even a TE. I mean, Bama has had receivers who dont catch many passes end up high first round draft choices and Pro Bowl players.

Alabama stacks highly rated players up at every position, the competition is fierce and yet they still want to go there. And the fact that Texas has not in a long time, nor does the Briles offense ever, use TEs to any real extent, I just dont see a highly rated TE prospect turning down Alabama to go to Texas until we're back on the big stage.

That is the funny part. You get credit for an amazing talent like OJ getting drafted, despite his criminal under-utilization. So many people love to think coaching staffs are super developers, but the truth is a lot of the picks were simply superior athletes. That goes for a lot of staffs, it is not a slam at Bama.

By the way, the kid has a Michigan offer. If I am a TE, I going to Stanford or Michigan.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the funny part. You get credit for an amazing talent like OJ getting drafted, despite his criminal under-utilization. So many people love to think coaching staffs are super developers, but the truth is a lot of the picks were simply superior athletes. That goes for a lot of staffs, it is not a slam at Bama.

By the way, the kid has a Michigan offer. If I am a TE, I going to Stanford or Michigan.

Michigan right now would be a stud TE's dream school, if he's smart. Stanford as well, and has been on that short list for some years now.

For a TE, both would be better than Alabama, imo. One of the few positions that that could be said. If he's that good, just dont see him choosing Texas right now over those places, unless he's just a huge Longhorn fan.

I mean other than Finley, who was pretty good the short time he was here, when I think of Texas TE's I think of guys like Fitzgerald and David Thomas: talented, blue collar hard working types. Both those guys by the way are a couple of my favorite Texas players.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Santino Marchiol just dropped to a composite 3 star........that slow 40 speed will get you everytime. If he gets on the field at A&M there's something seriously wrong with the other LBs

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now we're waiting on Newman to flip from the rusty cows.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chose ND over Oregon and Texas A&M

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Notre Dame, for that matter.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@starbigd Looks like if OSU gets Cam Akers, Dobbins may possibly decommit, however he doesn't list Texas as a possible destination:

The Hurry Up: Dobbins May Look Elsewhere if Akers Commits, Michigan Pledge to Attend Friday Night Lights and Quarterback Guru to Host Junior High Satellite Camp

The 5-foot-9, 199-pounder listed Alabama, Florida and USC as potential landing spots should Akers add to the Buckeyes' already impressive haul. He did say, however, that adding another running back to the class doesn't necessarily mean he'd no longer sign with Ohio State.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes are #1 as we speak in the 2017 recruiting class with three 5 stars --- OT Josh Meyers (#8 overall and #2 OL), OG Wyatt Davis (#15 overall and #4 OL) and CB Shaun Wade (#17 overall and #3 CB). Soon, they could end up with overall six 5 star commits. Adding CB Jeffrey Okudah (#5 overall and #1 CB), RB Cam Akers (#9 overall and #2 RB) and WR Trevon Grimes (#20 overall and #4 WR). Crazy

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes are #1 as we speak in the 2017 recruiting class with three 5 stars --- OT Josh Meyers (#8 overall and #2 OL), OG Wyatt Davis (#15 overall and #4 OL) and CB Shaun Wade (#17 overall and #3 CB). Soon, they could end up with overall six 5 star commits. Adding CB Jeffrey Okudah (#5 overall and #1 CB), RB Cam Akers (#9 overall and #2 RB) and WR Trevon Grimes (#20 overall and #4 WR). Crazy
Don't forget Chase Young, who is the highest ranked 4* in the country according to 247, as well as Tyjon Lindsey, the 5th highest ranked 4* player, both of whom are projected to be Buckeyes.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@starbigd Looks like if OSU gets Cam Akers, Dobbins may possibly decommit, however he doesn't list Texas as a possible destination:

The Hurry Up: Dobbins May Look Elsewhere if Akers Commits, Michigan Pledge to Attend Friday Night Lights and Quarterback Guru to Host Junior High Satellite Camp

I'm not concerned about Dobbins. If Texas wins games, I think he'll change his tune. He's always been a Texas fan, and his family wants him there. It's July......talk to me in January.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about Dobbins. If Texas wins games, I think he'll change his tune. He's always been a Texas fan, and his family wants him there. It's July......talk to me in January.
So why would he not even mention them? If he's "always been a Texas fan", how could he not mention them among the teams he'd want to play for?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why would he not even mention them? If he's "always been a Texas fan", how could he not mention them among the teams he'd want to play for?

Once again......talk to me in January. Dobbins is one I don't have a lot of concern about. Neither is Browning. They've been talking to Texas for a loooong time. These guys want to see results on the field first.

I also don't think you really get how Strong recruits. He doesn't even bother with kids at this stage. He makes his pitches during December up. He encourages kids NOT to commit, to take all their visits, and make sure they're making the best choice. This is how he lands these classes in February - he gets invited back into a kids home, and as a recruit said last year - "If you don't want to go to Texas don't let Strong on your couch"

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG addition to the nation's best recruiting class as 5* DE Chase Young commits to Ohio State.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas' Under the Lights is tonight. Number of 2017, 2018 recruits showing up. These include some committed to other schools, and these two

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning brought his parents with him as well. His role model is Malik Jefferson. I think Texas is in great shape here.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning brought his parents with him as well. His role model is Malik Jefferson. I think Texas is in great shape here.
heard they spent a lot of time together yesterday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma gonna get a re-commitment from Cedarius Lamb.