• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To the LeBron haters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have 15 championship titles and how many does Cleveland have again? ONE

The Lakers will come back and win more - Cleveland will never win again once LeBron leaves:pound::pound::pound::pound:

"The Lakers have 15 championship title":laugh3:

No they don't have 15 championships, they have 16. Not to laugh but COME ON MAN! You can't call yourself true lakers fan & not know how many titles they have won.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Lakers have 15 championship title":laugh3:

No they don't have 15 championships, they have 16. Not to laugh but COME ON MAN! You can't call yourself true lakers fan & not know how many titles they have won.
okay, 16 - I hit the wrong key - That's still 15 more than Cleveland

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, 16 - I hit the wrong key - That's still 15 more than Cleveland

Well my team has 17 rings. Take that!:heh: I mean fuck Cleveland! When talking about all time Finals appearances the Lakers & Cavs shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Although I still consider the '85 & '87 Finals invalid.:D

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you miss him.
I had no problem with him really - but he did go off the deep end and lost control. One thing that it is important to remember and that one thing is what he forgot. This is just a message board full of irrelevant and worthless opinions. Some people hate the one and love the other and then it's switched for others. I have never really figured out why your kind needs the approval of the rest us when you worship LeBron - but whatever

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my team has 17 rings. Take that!:heh: I mean fuck Cleveland! When talking about all time Finals appearances the Lakers & Cavs shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Although I still consider the '85 & '87 Finals invalid.:D
Boston is looking pretty good - and sorry chump, but the trophies are in Los Angeles for whatever finals you consider invalid. I wonder of Doc Rivers is still whining like a bitch in heat over the last one:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with him really - but he did go off the deep end and lost control. One thing that it is important to remember and that one thing is what he forgot. This is just a message board full of irrelevant and worthless opinions. Some people hate the one and love the other and then it's switched for others. I have never really figured out why your kind needs the approval of the rest us when you worship LeBron - but whatever

"your kind needs the approval of the rest of us"

Wanna make sure I'm understanding this right. Are you saying I'm a LeBron fan? If so you're delusional.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"your kind needs the approval of the rest of us"

Wanna make sure I'm understanding this right. Are you saying I'm a LeBron fan? If so you're delusional.
My bad, I just assumed I was the only one in this thread that doesn't worship LeBron - but If he was to join the Lakers, I could accept him for a few titles:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often has a great player come up against a legitmately all time great team like the Warriors? Wilt, Jerry west and LBJ are the only ones. Jordan Kareem and Magic were on the all time great teams.
Probably not often - but I don't think that warrants the losing record be overlooked.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I just assumed I was the only one in this thread that doesn't worship LeBron - but If he was to join the Lakers, I could accept him for a few titles:lol:

You assumed that you're the one 1 in this thread that doesn't like LeBron? Not buying that one. Both cheifslakers67 & shaqdaddy have posted in this thread & neither of them can stand LeBalding One. I have to admit though I would get a good laugh from the comments of Lakers fans if he's wearing the Purple & Gold next year. It could possibly make for some quality entertainment.:D Oh please let this happen!:hope:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

The reason you hear that is because it is literally the only way to justify an all time ranking outside the top 5. He is a generational talent. The list of players who have enjoyed longer runs as the best player in the league is extremely short, and it is arguably non-existent.
EXACTLY. This is the point though, right? If he didn't have the losing record in comparison to the GOAT having a perfect record in the Finals then would there really be a debate? But one can't honestly say it shouldn't be considered in this context, right?

It's exactly as @trojanfan12 has mentioned several times - it's used as a tie breaker when comparing greats that have very similar resumes.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assumed that you're the one 1 in this thread that doesn't like LeBron? Not buying that one. Both cheifslakers67 & shaqdaddy have posted in this thread & neither of them can stand LeBalding One. I have to admit though I would get a good laugh from the comments of Lakers fans if he's wearing the Purple & Gold next year. It could possibly make for some quality entertainment.:D Oh please let this happen!:hope:

NOOOO...!!

quit trying to fuck up the program, son...:finger:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the people that use the argument use it as a trump card in every single debate. Talk about Lebron being in 9 finals? Check the winning percentage in the finals. Talk about how he took essentially 3 different teams to the finals? Check the winning percentage in the finals. Talk about his absolutely ungodly stat line? Check the winning percentage in the finals.

Not all of them do that. But the really virulent Lebron haters do that every time.
The reason being is because it's a stat - and those are the things used in debates my friend. Again, it can't just be excluded because it's a negative. A Finals record directly relates to how many times a player achieved their ultimate goal. IMO that is a pretty huge supporting factor.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY. This is the point though, right? If he didn't have the losing record in comparison to the GOAT having a perfect record in the Finals then would there really be a debate? But one can't honestly say it shouldn't be considered in this context, right?

It's exactly as @trojanfan12 has mentioned several times - it's used as a tie breaker when comparing greats that have very similar resumes.

that answer/conclusion seems unacceptable to some...

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we're remembering lebron as the player he is now. He hasn't gone through his twilight years yet.

If Kareem's career had stopped in 1980, he'd be the best player we'd ever seen. If Kobe's career had ended in 2012, he'd be on everyone's top 5 list.

Let's wait till lebron retires before we judge others for not having him in their top 5.
I can understand this point to a degree - because career stats are averages of seasons played - so yea the numbers could look slightly different if he manages to play more than a few more seasons.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait that makes even less sense. No one has MJ or KAJ any lower than top 1 or top 3 because of their last old years. LeBron is a generational talent. If you are a fan of the game of basketball, you are privileged to be able to watch him do things no other player has ever done. No one has ever had his combination of speed, size, smarts, passing, defense, shooting, all of it. In 30 years people will be like 'wow you got to watch him play?'. Just like kids today wish they could have watched MJ play, or Magic, or hell Wilt.

Every year LeBron keeps playing at a high level actually ADDS to his legacy, because he has already played more years as the dominant player in the league than MJ.

And this has nothing to do with titles. I really wish I could have watched Pete Maravich play, I consider him a top 50 all time player and he didn't win a damned thing. Neither did Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc.
I understand your points, but he really isn't that great of a shooter (never really was) & he very rarely defends consistently these days.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOO...!!

quit trying to fuck up the program, son...:finger:

Fuck up the program? When I have ever said something negative about your team? I would never do something like that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a LOSER Baylor was. Why is he in the HOF?
Well for starters players are inducted to the hall of fame based on their individual talent - not on how well their TEAMS performed. And yes, technically if he was 0-8 he was a loser when we consider the point of playing is either to win or lose. Now, don't get it confused. I'm not saying he was a loser in terms of his individual talent. Just that he wasn't able to win in a team environment.