• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Bears game........

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a beast -- Going to be sad to see him go, but I'm starting to think, it doesn't matter what Detroit offers him -- he wants to go to a major market to play or closer to home.

I'm starting to get that feeling too. I'm going to be pissed if he goes to another NFC north team though. Especially the packers.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about any player outside of the Lions team right now. Why focus on comparing Ebron to other players right now? It probably wont happen but Ebron still has a opportunity to make some plays in the playoffs.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now simply stating that Mike loves to tune the old meat whistle is just a statement of the obvious that has nothing to do with board etiquette.

:lol:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Ansah, he should be getting a pretty hefty fine for that hit on Clausen. That looked a lot like a cheap shot, but not as intentional as the Lion's Center. Yikes that was bad as well.

I think you have to give Ansah the benefit of the doubt as he has not had any prior behavior like that. Raiola on the other hand ....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call me whatever you'd like. Just make sure your BFF's remember where comments like that originate, instead of trying to call me homophobic.

And just an FYI -- I've been talking about the battle between OBJ and Ebron for the past couple games. Here is last week's:

I will be including the week 17 follow up after the GB game -- so if you don't want to hear about Ebron -- don't open the thread. It is obvious he is developing and next year -- he will be targeted 100+ times -- TP did the math for us already. I've already passed that on to the Lions front office.

Ok, so one vote yes for cocksucker, got it. <tally mark being written down>

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call me whatever you'd like. Just make sure your BFF's remember where comments like that originate, instead of trying to call me homophobic.

And just an FYI -- I've been talking about the battle between OBJ and Ebron for the past couple games. Here is last week's:

I will be including the week 17 follow up after the GB game -- so if you don't want to hear about Ebron -- don't open the thread. It is obvious he is developing and next year -- he will be targeted 100+ times -- TP did the math for us already. I've already passed that on to the Lions front office.

The comments directed at you originate from your obnoxious trolling all season long on the whole Ebron thing.

Secondly, I showed you how he easily could receive over 100 targets in our offense, after you proclaimed that to essentially be impossible. I never said he would, simply that he easily could, as the targets are there. It's really pathetic how much you have to change what I really said just to try to have a little, tiny bit of ground to stand on. If you stuck to arguing what was really said, rather than twisting people's words like a coward, I'd imagine you'd get a fair amount more respect around these parts...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop -- if anyone wanted to make any jokes about Ebron -- we could pull a TP and bump the thread after he was drafted, where he was being talked about as an all-pro TE before even playing a snap.

i'd rather laugh at the pick now, than cry over what we could have had.

You could, but yet again you're exaggerating what was really said to suit your argument.

Quit being a chicken-shit punk and lying about what others said simply because you don't want to be held accountable for unnecessary negative comments you made in the offseason. I know you badly want to lump me in the same boat and expose things I might have been wrong on, but the huge difference that you're missing is that I didn't go out of my way to talk about how much a free agent signing sucked, only to have him prove me very wrong. You wanted to talk about how much he sucked in New England, and how we couldn't expect him to play at the same level as he did last season in Baltimore, even though he'd be in the same system with the DB coach who built him up to what his is now.

You said those things, with your usual "TrustMe" arrogance, so take your medicine like a man. You always talk about eating your crow like a man when you're wrong about your needless negative comments, yet when faced with them now you're deflecting like a coward...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could, but yet again you're exaggerating what was really said to suit your argument.

Quit being a chicken-shit punk and lying about what others said simply because you don't want to be held accountable for unnecessary negative comments you made in the offseason. I know you badly want to lump me in the same boat and expose things I might have been wrong on, but the huge difference that you're missing is that I didn't go out of my way to talk about how much a free agent signing sucked, only to have him prove me very wrong. You wanted to talk about how much he sucked in New England, and how we couldn't expect him to play at the same level as he did last season in Baltimore, even though he'd be in the same system with the DB coach who built him up to what his is now.

You said those things, with your usual "TrustMe" arrogance, so take your medicine like a man. You always talk about eating your crow like a man when you're wrong about your needless negative comments, yet when faced with them now you're deflecting like a coward...

Thank you for the laughs. The fact you would use a word like coward on an internet chat room is laughable. I guess if you have nothing else in your life going on -- you'd take it that seriously. I'll just chalk it up to a lack of vocabulary on your part, instead of my original assumption.

The fact you have been bumping threads from 9 months ago and then calling people out for talking about the past is humorous. It is who you are though and we've come to expect, so we just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Keep up the good work.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a chicken-shit punk and lying

I will promise you this -- If you want to call me a "chicken shit punk" -- you let me know the next time you will be at a Lions game, and I will drive the 10 minutes to Ford Field. You can call me whatever you'd like, since you seem to gravitate to elementary name calling in your posts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say -- in person, you aren't so brave. Just a guess though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

I don't think you're a coward because of my lack of vocabulary; I just think your tactics are those of a cowardly person. That's just my opinion, though, which we all know, via the collective hive-mind opinion of your board police squadron, is generally the opposite of right.

All that being said- that's quite honestly possibly the most pathetic rebuttal I've ever read on these boards. Really? That's the best you could come up with?! "You think I'm a coward? Yeah? Well you don't know a lot of words! Ha ha!" This is a good example of those posts of yours I'm always talk about that I think sound a lot better in your head, because once you type them out it's like "Wow, you got me good there, Mikey. Everybody make sure to watch out for this guy."

And per the bumping of old threads, well here you go:
Eat+Crow.jpg

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will promise you this -- If you want to call me a "chicken shit punk" -- you let me know the next time you will be at a Lions game, and I will drive the 10 minutes to Ford Field. You can call me whatever you'd like, since you seem to gravitate to elementary name calling in your posts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say -- in person, you aren't so brave. Just a guess though.
Oh the internet tough guy stuff. Its so annoying. Rule of thumb...internet tough guys aint kickin shit in the real world.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, somehow I missed this little gem.

I'll call you a "chicken shit punk" if I want to, provided I feel that's how you're acting. In this case, lying about what I said to suit your argument, imo, is a chicken-shit punk move.

As for the Billy Badass act, save it, I'm not intimidated in the least by internet tough guys. I also have no interest in paying $500 or $600 bucks to come down to Detroit for the weekend only to sit in a city jail cell for assault, so there's not going to be any fisticuffs. Sorry, champ.

Those of you who have to resort to threats of violence over a message board argument are pretty pathetic. Your true colors are showing more and more all the time, though. I'm glad other posters are finally noticing what I've seen for years out of you...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police squadron? :scratch:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, somehow I missed this little gem.

I'll call you a "chicken shit punk" if I want to, provided I feel that's how you're acting. In this case, lying about what I said to suit your argument, imo, is a chicken-shit punk move.

As for the Billy Badass act, save it, I'm not intimidated in the least by internet tough guys. I also have no interest in paying $500 or $600 bucks to come down to Detroit for the weekend only to sit in a city jail cell for assault, so there's not going to be any fisticuffs. Sorry, champ.

Those of you who have to resort to threats of violence over a message board argument are pretty pathetic. Your true colors are showing more and more all the time, though. I'm glad other posters are finally noticing what I've seen for years out of you...

What is pathetic is how you resort elementary school name calling and then when you get called on it, you play the victim as if you have no idea why anyone would be upset. If you STILL haven't figured it out yet -- the board isn't divided because of our thoughts on the Lions -- the reason 'your friends' turned on you is -- you can't simply debate a point. You take it to a personal level, when it should be nothing more than a discussion board.

The fact you STILL don't understand this amazes me.

And what I proposed is not being an internet tough guy. I live literally 10 minutes from Ford Field. You said you go to the home opener, pretty much every year. I'm not asking you to make a special trip. I will meet up at the home opener and give you every opportunity to say what you want to my face. It isn't a threat or anything of the such -- I'm just very confident, in person, you wouldn't say any of the things you say to me on here. I'm willing to give you the opportunity to though, so just let me know where next year. That way, you can't use the excuse of money being the issue, as you were making the trip already.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the internet tough guy stuff. Its so annoying. Rule of thumb...internet tough guys aint kickin shit in the real world.

I can promise you -- the last thing I am is an internet tough guy and I apologize if it comes off that way. All I did was offer him the chance to say whatever he'd like to my face. That is all. I didn't say I was driving to the UP. Or to meet me halfway. Or we are going to fight.

I know he has stated on here, they make a trip out of it to the home opener, pretty much every year (not sure about this year, as it was a monday night game). I live right up the expressway from Ford Field and I'm downtown quite a bit anyways. I just offered him the opportunity, as I don't think, in person, he would so openly make comments about my family, job, or any of the many names he has called numerous people on this board.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police squadron? :scratch:

Indeed. These (four) guy's little clique has apparently appointed themselves board police. Anyone who dares to disagree with their collective opinion will face swift justice!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pathetic is how you resort elementary school name calling and then when you get called on it, you play the victim as if you have no idea why anyone would be upset.
What is it with you and the name-calling shit? Clearly you're a product of the coddled generation. Man up and deal with it- most grownups don't get so worked up over being called names by strangers online. Alternately, if you don't want to be called names, don't act like the name you're being called, that's pretty basic stuff, imo. And nobody, and I mean nobody, plays the victim card like you do; you constantly instigate and then pull the "stop with the personal attacks" card.

If you STILL haven't figured it out yet -- the board isn't divided because of our thoughts on the Lions -- the reason 'your friends' turned on you is -- you can't simply debate a point.
You're so full of shit I wouldn't be surprised if you can't leave the toilet while you're typing this. My "friends" turned on me? News to me. Smitty used to be our friend, but he pretty much completely lost his shit because he's so sensitive about how I "bully" you and Swarm that he couldn't behave like a normal, civil adult any longer. Aside from that, I'm not sure about any of my friends turning on me. Nice try, though, Sally.

You take it to a personal level, when it should be nothing more than a discussion board.

The fact you STILL don't understand this amazes me.
Please look into the mirror and read this exact quote to yourself. It fits you to a tee.

And what I proposed is not being an internet tough guy. I live literally 10 minutes from Ford Field. You said you go to the home opener, pretty much every year. I'm not asking you to make a special trip. I will meet up at the home opener and give you every opportunity to say what you want to my face. It isn't a threat or anything of the such -- I'm just very confident, in person, you wouldn't say any of the things you say to me on here. I'm willing to give you the opportunity to though, so just let me know where next year. That way, you can't use the excuse of money being the issue, as you were making the trip already
You're missing the point about the money being the issue. I understand that I'll already be there, but that trip costs me at least $500 every year. What I was saying is that I'm not going to spend that much only to miss the Lions game because we're in lock-up for the afternoon. I'd have zero issue saying what I have to say here to your face- I get the impression you think I'm a little fella or something like that. However, with as much as I can't stand you, there's no way it would just stop at words being exchanged. So, with that being the case, I'd rather just avoid that whole situation and enjoy my weekend. I've got no issues with a good old fashioned fist-fight when necessary, but I'm not real big on jail. Last time I got into a brawl I sat in the drunk tank for four hours, so you'll have to forgive me for not wanting to see what the cells look like in the D...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can promise you -- the last thing I am is an internet tough guy and I apologize if it comes off that way. All I did was offer him the chance to say whatever he'd like to my face. That is all. I didn't say I was driving to the UP. Or to meet me halfway. Or we are going to fight.

I know he has stated on here, they make a trip out of it to the home opener, pretty much every year (not sure about this year, as it was a monday night game). I live right up the expressway from Ford Field and I'm downtown quite a bit anyways. I just offered him the opportunity, as I don't think, in person, he would so openly make comments about my family, job, or any of the many names he has called numerous people on this board.

Comments about your family? Puh-lease you drama queen. I made fun of you for being a house-husband and letting your wife bring home the bacon while we were trash-talking each other. This is exactly what I'm talking about with you stretching the truth and/or flat-out lying in order to make yourself look like the victim. Yet more chicken-shit behavior, in my opinion...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point about the money being the issue. I understand that I'll already be there, but that trip costs me at least $500 every year. What I was saying is that I'm not going to spend that much only to miss the Lions game because we're in lock-up for the afternoon. I'd have zero issue saying what I have to say here to your face- I get the impression you think I'm a little fella or something like that. However, with as much as I can't stand you, there's no way it would just stop at words being exchanged. So, with that being the case, I'd rather just avoid that whole situation and enjoy my weekend. I've got no issues with a good old fashioned fist-fight when necessary, but I'm not real big on jail. Last time I got into a brawl I sat in the drunk tank for four hours, so you'll have to forgive me for not wanting to see what the cells look like in the D...

That's not a problem. We don't have to do it at Ford Field. I will let you pick the place when you are here. That way you don't have to worry about any jail cells. Pretty simple solution.