• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 16: Lions @ Seahawkes

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till we get back Okudah bro.
He was a top 3 pick for us.
Pretty sure he will return to lock up #1 receivers next year.
CB is similar to QB and seems to take a few years before guys should be really judged. And CB's always look better if the QB is under pressure and doesn't have all day to throw. So it's still possible that Okudah becomes the top lock down CB in the league.

It's also possible I'm about to win $500+ million in the lottery tomorrow.

(I'm not sure which one of those two has better odds at this point.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very impressed with JRM lately. He has become more than just a ST guy now. He is a legit LB. Very surprising as I would not have given him as many opportunities as this team has but it looks like it is finally paying off.

I don't see it. He's had a couple of good games recently but there's no way in hell that I want to see JRM as a every game starting ILB. He still is a liability in coverage and there's not much progress in shedding blocks either and making the tackle on whoever is coming his way. Two decent games played doesn't take away the fact he's had 5 years in the league to become better than what abilities he has displayed. He's an emergency starter at best who excels at special teams.

Aaron Glenn seems to like his ability as well as Campbell unless their pressor's have been all coach speak bullshit.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Glenn seems to like his ability as well as Campbell unless their pressor's have been all coach speak bullshit.
LOL...

See the source image

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. He's had a couple of good games recently but there's no way in hell that I want to see JRM as a every game starting ILB. He still is a liability in coverage and there's not much progress in shedding blocks either and making the tackle on whoever is coming his way. Two decent games played doesn't take away the fact he's had 5 years in the league to become better than what abilities he has displayed. He's an emergency starter at best who excels at special teams.

You never know what you have in a LB until year 5. :heh:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB is similar to QB and seems to take a few years before guys should be really judged. And CB's always look better if the QB is under pressure and doesn't have all day to throw. So it's still possible that Okudah becomes the top lock down CB in the league.

It's also possible I'm about to win $500+ million in the lottery tomorrow.

(I'm not sure which one of those two has better odds at this point.)
We are all just hoping he makes it back on the field and becomes serviceable. We have a ton of young CBs so I am not worried about the future. The problem now is only Amani has seasoning and was coming into his own. Still have Melafonu and Jacobs who both did decent as rookies on the outside. We need to cut Will Harris and add another safety. Keep Marlowe and TW3. Even Breeze looked better than Harris.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all just hoping he makes it back on the field and becomes serviceable. We have a ton of young CBs so I am not worried about the future. The problem now is only Amani has seasoning and was coming into his own. Still have Melafonu and Jacobs who both did decent as rookies on the outside. We need to cut Will Harris and add another safety. Keep Marlowe and TW3. Even Breeze looked better than Harris.

Still could use another drafted CB in that group now that both Okudah and Jacobs will have a tough time coming back healthy enough to contribute next year.

I would anticipate Holmes seeking to sign a lower-level UFA CB this upcoming off-season, if not two.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's still possible that Okudah becomes the top lock down CB in the league.

What % do you give that?

I would give it 5% personally. Counting on ANYTHING from that guy outside of a bonus is folly.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened during the last game of the season versus the Cardinals. Posting it because I was wondering if Holmes might look at bringing Diggs back.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting it because I was wondering if Holmes might look at bringing Diggs back.
The Lions blindsided their team Captain Diggs in that trade to Seattle. It's unrelated but, I think he would get the same response Barry Sanders gave Matt Millen... NO!!!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions blindsided their team Captain Diggs in that trade to Seattle. It's unrelated but, I think he would get the same response Barry Sanders gave Matt Millen... NO!!!

Your opinion and you're entitled to that.

My opinion is that he quite possibly could/would consider the opportunity to come back home as it's an entirely new regime and scheme. The latter part - scheme - may very well not be a fit any longer as this scheme requires their safeties to play all over the field, box, slot, nickel, edge, split safety, single high safety.