• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious Question For All Lions Fans

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a discussion on the Rams board regarding Stafford.

Who knows better about Stafford than Lions fans.

So, here is the question: Would you rather still have Stafford and whatever wins he would've produced this season, or would you rather have Goff and (2) 1st rounders and end up with whatever record happens ( even if it is 0-16-1 )?

Most Rams fans believe you guys would take Stafford in a heartbeat. I contend you guys are better off with Goff and the (2) 1st rounders to build your team going forward.

You guys should've had 3 wins already if not for last second FG's ( including an NFL record kick ). I know Goff has looked bad this season, but can you honestly say Stafford would've been better with the "weapons" you guys have on your team? Hockinson is your best receiver. That's never a recipe for success.

So, where do all you Lion faithful stand on this topic?

BTW, didn't mean to invade your board. I just needed to go to the source to get the true answer on this debate.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, here is the question: Would you rather still have Stafford and whatever wins he would've produced this season, or would you rather have Goff and (2) 1st rounders and end up with whatever record happens ( even if it is 0-16-1 )?

Most Rams fans believe you guys would take Stafford in a heartbeat. I contend you guys are better off with Goff and the (2) 1st rounders to build your team going forward.

You guys should've had 3 wins already if not for last second FG's ( including an NFL record kick ). I know Goff has looked bad this season, but can you honestly say Stafford would've been better with the "weapons" you guys have on your team? Hockinson is your best receiver. That's never a recipe for success.

I would rather not have Stafford, but for different reasons than you assume. With Stafford we probably win at least a few of those games we lost at the end. We get the 5-10 pick and no real path forward for real change. Without him we get the 1 pick probably for the next 2 years, on top of 2 other 1st round picks. Lions can actually build a foundation and then add a QB and hopefully improve from there.

Lions fans are not surprised by his midseason slump. Stafford has always been extreme peaks and very frustrating valleys. The QB that was getting legitimate MVP talk is still there and will show back up before too long.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I was ready for Stafford to leave, and still feel that way. He was here long enough, didn't get it done. Wasn't all on him, but he didn't rise above.

2. Goff sucks.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I view it is... Stafford got paid to lose!! What I mean is... I don't believe the Ford Family have any intentions of EVER building a Championship Team. I would be happy with Ryan Leaf out of retirement. It's sad year after year watching Lions fans getting fooled for an Organization that only does enough to sell tickets.
Most Rams fans believe you guys would take Stafford in a heartbeat.
Perhaps, Lions fans with blinders!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re changing history, I’d like the Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia hirings to never happen.

Calvin Johnson to have been traded before he gave up on football.

And Matt Millen to go kick rocks.

Staff wanted out. Glad he got out. But wish he wasn’t with Sean McVay. Id like to root for Staff, but can’t root for that fuckstick HC of his.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are better off with the trade. Would have been even better if Goff was not included. I would have preferred another 1st rounder. I dont care if it was for 2025.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, didn't mean to invade your board. I just needed to go to the source to get the true answer on this debate.

Stafford is an above average QB. But he definitely is NOT elite.
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes and a few others are just simply better than him. No getting around that.

I wish him the best but my guess is you will see the real Stafford come playoff time against elite QB's and defenses and you will not be happy with the result. Again, I am wishing Stafford to win because he spent a long ass time here and never complained. He deserves a championship for that alone.

To answer your question. I would rather have Goff and the 2- 1st rounders. Even though they are late first. Goff throws a pretty ball. He needs WR's who can get open and ours might be the worst in NFL history. Hoping for a 4th round rookie to be your leading receiver is a recipe for disaster that no QB could overcome.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re changing history, I’d like the Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia hirings to never happen.

Calvin Johnson to have been traded before he gave up on football.

And Matt Millen to go kick rocks.

Staff wanted out. Glad he got out. But wish he wasn’t with Sean McVay. Id like to root for Staff, but can’t root for that fuckstick HC of his.

Let's not forget about Mini-Millen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are better off with the trade. Would have been even better if Goff was not included. I would have preferred another 1st rounder. I dont care if it was for 2025.
I think the second first rounder was because we took Goff. Rams paid us to take him. He wasn’t a piece with value.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So damn pessimistic.
LOL... no, I'm not. It's just that I don't ignore the Ford Family track record over the past six decades. The neglect of a defense or the abandonment of winning is evident. The coaching staffs they hire are always able to coach lesser talent but not the Pro Bowlers and Play Makers because they never fit their philosophy or schemes. They only keep a few of the money makers to sell tickets. The Lions fan base can get an offense without a defense or a defense without an offense. What I see is Overpaid Actors, Sandbaggers and Schedule Fillers year after year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want Stafford to win a SB while with the Rams but not this SB or the next SB.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is an above average QB. But he definitely is NOT elite.
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes and a few others are just simply better than him. No getting around that.

I wish him the best but my guess is you will see the real Stafford come playoff time against elite QB's and defenses and you will not be happy with the result. Again, I am wishing Stafford to win because he spent a long ass time here and never complained. He deserves a championship for that alone.

To answer your question. I would rather have Goff and the 2- 1st rounders. Even though they are late first. Goff throws a pretty ball. He needs WR's who can get open and ours might be the worst in NFL history. Hoping for a 4th round rookie to be your leading receiver is a recipe for disaster that no QB could overcome.

I was in agreement with your post up until the "Goff throws a pretty ball" sentence. We definitely have a deficiency at receiver, but that has little to do with Goff's wretched play this season. The plays I'm critical of with Goff are plays where guys are open and he has adequate time to throw. He stinks. He's also far less accurate with even short passes than we were led to believe.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in agreement with your post up until the "Goff throws a pretty ball" sentence. We definitely have a deficiency at receiver, but that has little to do with Goff's wretched play this season. The plays I'm critical of with Goff are plays where guys are open and he has adequate time to throw. He stinks. He's also far less accurate with even short passes than we were led to believe.
His spiral looks like a wounded duck have the time. Billy Kilmer would be proud.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want Stafford to win a SB while with the Rams but not this SB or the next SB.
It could happen, it would be a new cycle for the NFC West.

2014 Seahawks - Lost SB
~~ (49ers went .500) ~~
2015 Cardinals - Lost Div
2016 Seahawks - Lost Div
2017 Rams - Lost WC
Division winners went and go like...
2018 Rams - Lost SB
2019 49ers - Lost SB
2020 Seahawks - Lost WC
2021 Cardinals?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would NFL history be like if the 72 Dolphins lost in the Super Bowl?

The same as when the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season and then lost in the SB.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would NFL history be like if the 72 Dolphins lost in the Super Bowl?

The Skins were actually the slight favorite in that game. I was at the NFC championship game that year when they crushed the Cowboys. Dad had season tickets. It was the last time I saw them at RFK. Dad briefly considered us going to the super bowl in CA, but it was just too much money. Glad we didn't .. it would have just been a disappointment.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins were actually the slight favorite in that game. I was at the NFC championship game that year when they crushed the Cowboys. Dad had season tickets. It was the last time I saw them at RFK. Dad briefly considered us going to the super bowl in CA, but it was just too much money. Glad we didn't .. it would have just been a disappointment.
Some of my earliest memories of the NFL... Bob Griese, Graig Morton, Roger Staubach and Billy Kilmer. A lot of Howard Cosell.