• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thee 2022 nfl draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why a lot of people have mocked Willis to Carolina and feel they may pull the trigger.

Carolina's coach basically needs a winning season OR at best putting something decent together with a rookie QB. Malik because he can run is maybe the best answer? Long term doesn't seem viable at all... but I don't think that's what Rhule is thinking. He's thinking about keeping his job for a few more years, then it's easy to blame it on "Well my QB didn't work out." to get another job elsewhere.

Malik can run, but he's pretty raw otherwise. Where does Vegas stand on Rhule's job, lol?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik can run, but he's pretty raw otherwise. Where does Vegas stand on Rhule's job, lol?

No idea.

And yah Malik is pretty raw - but it might be a last ditch effort. I mean the Panthers had a great defense (#2 in yards allowed) so I don't really think EDGE and CB are a BIG need. QB is where they sucked complete ass last year.

I mean it's just NOT a good year to be drafting QB but I have to imagine Carolina will just cross their fingers and pray. Willis is a hard worker so MAYBE it'll work? It'll get people in the stands I'm sure.

In reality if they're not giving up on Rhule (the guy has only been there two years) then I'd have to imagine they'd go offensive tackle. They need to build up their line some (which is not good) for a QB move next year. They could snag someone at QB in the 2nd or 3rd though, or trade up for a guy like Ridder who is FAR more ready to start than Willis (which I think is why Seattle is going to trade down and take him late 1st) - I could see that happening.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea.

And yah Malik is pretty raw - but it might be a last ditch effort. I mean the Panthers had a great defense (#2 in yards allowed) so I don't really think EDGE and CB are a BIG need. QB is where they sucked complete ass last year.

I mean it's just NOT a good year to be drafting QB but I have to imagine Carolina will just cross their fingers and pray. Willis is a hard worker so MAYBE it'll work? It'll get people in the stands I'm sure.

In reality if they're not giving up on Rhule (the guy has only been there two years) then I'd have to imagine they'd go offensive tackle. They need to build up their line some (which is not good) for a QB move next year. They could snag someone at QB in the 2nd or 3rd though, or trade up for a guy like Ridder who is FAR more ready to start than Willis (which I think is why Seattle is going to trade down and take him late 1st) - I could see that happening.
Its hard to imagine a team sticking with a sub .500 head coach for three seasons, tbh. OT would be a smart move but that also doesnt move the needle next year at all

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty cool actually.... pretty well done.

When Donald plays Packers next season hope he sticks to his strengths they mentioned... "complex data analytics" :suds:

Winning Time -level casting for Kroenke lol (Quaid).

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to imagine a team sticking with a sub .500 head coach for three seasons, tbh. OT would be a smart move but that also doesnt move the needle next year at all

They paid $70m for Rhule. They pay that amount whether he coaches for 3 years or 7 years. Lot of incentive there to have him continue to coach even if he is not doing it all that well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They paid $70m for Rhule. They pay that amount whether he coaches for 3 years or 7 years. Lot of incentive there to have him continue to coach even if he is not doing it all that well.
I gotta say that a coach rolling with Bridgewater, Darnold, and Darnold is the type of job security that would be almost unprecedented. Thats the Vic Fangio special right there. Carolina is also going to win too many games to be in the top QB sweepstakes next year. I guess maybe they're hoping that the next disgruntled QB will pick them as a destination.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting draft tid bit: the draft used to be held during the season

Trivia: Without looking it up, When and why did that change?

I heard it on sirius nfl channel the other day

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bracing for impact

giphy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah same thing with Carroll (4 years left). Coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. There's no cap hit, but yah... that's a sunk cost. I actually didn't know Rhule's contract was 7 years.. there's no way that firing happens after this year. That'd be nearly $40M in sunk cost.

For that reason, I could see bolstering the OL (again their defense doesn't need THAT much help) and then playing hard for a QB next year. Good point ducky.

I guess he's still on the hot seat, but that's an EXPENSIVE firing... especially with the #2 defense in yards. I mean there might be something there. I'm sure Rhule has met with the owner and given his thoughts. The ONLY reason I may consider Malik is if you sit him for a while with the Panthers and they start him mid season. Malik needs to sit for sure... I don't think he'll be a successful day 1 starter at all (same reason I don't see Seattle drafting him, they are looking for a day 1 starter).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im starting to think all signs point to Carolina going OT.

Probably means that the top 7 are all going to be OT, Edge, and CB.

Draft probably doesnt get interesting until Atlanta at 8. They could pick literally any position except TE.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft probably doesnt get interesting until Atlanta at 8. They could pick literally any position except TE.

Atlanta is probably going to do something normal.

Seattle at #9 is where it gets real interesting. The last several years the drafts by Seattle have been beyond baffling.

"With the #9 overall pick in the NFL draft... Seattle selects, Tight End, Trey McBride, Colorado State."

Honestly at this point I'm trying to reverse jinx my team. I mean Taylor, Metcalf, Griffin (not the one handed guy)... I mean there's been a little there... but oof.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is probably going to do something normal.

Seattle at #9 is where it gets real interesting. The last several years the drafts by Seattle have been beyond baffling.

"With the #9 overall pick in the NFL draft... Seattle selects, Tight End, Trey McBride, Colorado State."

Honestly at this point I'm trying to reverse jinx my team. I mean Taylor, Metcalf, Griffin (not the one handed guy)... I mean there's been a little there... but oof.
I dont know if I'd call Atlanta's drafting style normal exactly but they do like drafting Ferrari's in rd1. Jameson Williams will probably be the flashiest player on the board. It might not be the best fit immediately but I dont know if they care about immediate needs in Atlanta. Jordan Davis also strikes me as a splashy player. More of a tank with a turbo than a Ferrari but he is a unicorn.

Seattle, on the other hand, could go Willis. Could go Corral. Probably go OT. Not sure there will be a pass rusher there. Im seeing rumors teams aren't super high on Johnson out of Florida St or Karlaftis but that might be smoke.

Trey McBride might actually be pretty good but anything top 40 is too soon

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gotta protect Baker

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I'd call Atlanta's drafting style normal exactly but they do like drafting Ferrari's in rd1. Jameson Williams will probably be the flashiest player on the board. It might not be the best fit immediately but I dont know if they care about immediate needs in Atlanta. Jordan Davis also strikes me as a splashy player. More of a tank with a turbo than a Ferrari but he is a unicorn.

Seattle, on the other hand, could go Willis. Could go Corral. Probably go OT. Not sure there will be a pass rusher there. Im seeing rumors teams aren't super high on Johnson out of Florida St or Karlaftis but that might be smoke.

Trey McBride might actually be pretty good but anything top 40 is too soon
I could see Atlanta going WR. With a ton of needs on both sides of the both they probably just say "fuck it". Next year Ridley and Williams, let Williams get his feet wet then draft a QB next year. I'm sure they will suck next year.

Young, Williams and Ridley- the Bama trio

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta protect Baker
Best way to protect him is to keep him behind that Cleveland OL. Im still rooting for Baker to Steelers to happen. It makes the AFC a bit tougher but man that would be more interesting

Something Seattle could do is take OT like they should but take someone that no one would expect like Tyler Smith.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to protect him is to keep him behind that Cleveland OL. Im still rooting for Baker to Steelers to happen. It makes the AFC a bit tougher but man that would be more interesting

Something Seattle could do is take OT like they should but take someone that no one would expect like Tyler Smith.

When you first gave that name I was like, "Wait who?" And yah... you're a fuckin wizard... because that's exactly what they'll do.

Seattle is going to do something absolutely stupid tomorrow. I just know it. They haven't had a top 10 pick in a while and they never seem to know what to do with first round picks. They somehow fleeced the Chiefs for Frank Clark who profited off the rest of a front 4 basically acquired by Schneider.

In the interim, Seattle has basically converted the entirety of their 1st round picks into busts including their otherwise dumb trades: 1) let's trade for a receiving tight end and convert him to blocker, 2) let's trade for a 'get the ball into my hands asap' WR and then never get the ball in his hands, 3) let's also trade for a safety who was an all pro and then ask him to cover and do anything but what made him successful in New York. Collectively, it may be the dumbest collective 1st round pick trades of all time. I can't think of anything dumber. 4 1st round picks (and an all pro center), for that... lmao. I mean Jesus Christ.

I'm expecting the worst.... Clayton, I expect you to kickoff my candlelight vigil tomorrow. I'll likely embalm myself via alcohol and drugs, so should be easy on your part. I'll write ya in the will.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you first gave that name I was like, "Wait who?" And yah... you're a fuckin wizard... because that's exactly what they'll do.

Seattle is going to do something absolutely stupid tomorrow. I just know it. They haven't had a top 10 pick in a while and they never seem to know what to do with first round picks. They somehow fleeced the Chiefs for Frank Clark who profited off the rest of a front 4 basically acquired by Schneider.

In the interim, Seattle has basically converted the entirety of their 1st round picks into busts including their otherwise dumb trades: 1) let's trade for a receiving tight end and convert him to blocker, 2) let's trade for a 'get the ball into my hands asap' WR and then never get the ball in his hands, 3) let's also trade for a safety who was an all pro and then ask him to cover and do anything but what made him successful in New York.

I'm expecting the worst.... Clayton, I expect you to kickoff my candlelight vigil tomorrow.
The Chiefs somehow managed to parlay Sammy Watkins only playing well 6 games a season and Frank Clark only playing well for 6 games a season into 1 championship so I guess thats not all bad for the Chiefs. But yes, the Seahawks knew that KC would gladly overpay Clark.

The worst? Hmm....

Trading up to take Pickett. Thats the worst thing Seattle could do.