• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thee 2022 nfl draft

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals got alot of speed and some to spare on defense now. Gonna be long practice days fixing tackling tnough.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Cowboys just admit that the Giants got their 2 best players in the draft?

Also, by their board they reached because Lewis Cine is their clear BPA I think
Yes and Yes, but depending on how far ahaed they had Cine OT is a much more pressing need. Dallas didn't give 32 players 1st round grades, looking at the list Cine was a 1st rounder Smith wasn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean Cine was worthy of the 13 as he was 13 on their or if he were actually worth the 31st and then how far into the 2nd was Smith.

Looking at the list Olave and Smith were 1-2 in the 2nd rd, so IF Cine was worth the 31st and Smith the 34, it's not a great reach.

However if Cine was worth the 13 and Smith the 34, Dallas screwed the pooch.

For what it's worth I never considered Cine in this Draft and while not my first Choice I did see Smith as a viable option, if all the DLs and Ols ahead of him were gone. The way the Draft fell I wanted Johnson.

All that said, I'd never trust Jerry to protect our nations secrets. He leaks more than a rusted faucet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Yes, but depending on how far ahaed they had Cine OT is a much more pressing need. Dallas didn't give 32 players 1st round grades, looking at the list Cine was a 1st rounder Smith wasn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean Cine was worthy of the 13 as he was 13 on their or if he were actually worth the 31st and then how far into the 2nd was Smith.

Looking at the list Olave and Smith were 1-2 in the 2nd rd, so IF Cine was worth the 31st and Smith the 34, it's not a great reach.

However if Cine was worth the 13 and Smith the 34, Dallas screwed the pooch.

For what it's worth I never considered Cine in this Draft and while not my first Choice I did see Smith as a viable option, if all the DLs and Ols ahead of him were gone. The way the Draft fell I wanted Johnson.

All that said, I'd never trust Jerry to protect our nations secrets. He leaks more than a rusted faucet.
All I can say about Tyler Smith is that I thought he was an interesting prospect that would go higher than people thought. I had him mocked to the Saints in rd1. Even if he was a reach, I think he is a reach multiple teams would have gone after just due to positional value and upside.

Chiefs passed on Cine twice so I hope that the Dallas big board was a bit flawed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say about Tyler Smith is that I thought he was an interesting prospect that would go higher than people thought. I had him mocked to the Saints in rd1. Even if he was a reach, I think he is a reach multiple teams would have gone after just due to positional value and upside.

Chiefs passed on Cine twice so I hope that the Dallas big board was a bit flawed.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think now the issue is people are saying Dallas didn't pick BPA off thier board, iI even mentioned it on the Cowboys board.

Personally I am a BPA drafter with a lean to need.

The calculations of "BPA /w Need lean" could be different for each of us. To me its if the next 3 or 4 BPA are not needed or slight need, but the 4th/5th is a NEED, First option. You skip to the need.
Second Option. If you can you try to trade back a little pick up an extra pick and get the guy you would have pick anyway, of course you risk losing out on that guy.
Third option. Simply pick the BPA.

IMO had Dallas picked Cine, they'd be getting ripped harder by the fans and media.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think now the issue is people are saying Dallas didn't pick BPA off thier board, iI even mentioned it on the Cowboys board.

The calculations of "BPA /w Need lean" could be different for each of us. To me its if the next 3 or 4 BPA are not needed or slight need, but the 4th/5th is a NEED, First option. You skip to the need.
Second Option. If you can you try to trade back a little pick up an extra pick and get the guy you would have pick anyway, of course you risk losing out on that guy.

IMO had Dallas picked Cine, they'd be getting ripped harder by the fans and media.

It's never just raw BPA, as teams don't need to overpopulate a given position to the detriment of others.

In an ideal world, the need aspect would be mostly covered by FA prior to the draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never just raw BPA, as teams don't need to overpopulate a given position to the detriment of others.

In an ideal world, the need aspect would be mostly covered by FA prior to the draft.
The gist I've gotten is that BPA as a term in this draft really isnt too relevant. Travon Walker is 7th on the Cowboys board? I think the GM's overall team building strategy is what is in play here. Use FA to find guys who are somewhat common. Draft guys who are somewhat rare. That seems to be the name of the game atm.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes roster construction has to play a important part in deciding who you draft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, sometimes an elite talent being available changes your plans.
Yes then you better be correct about that player being elite, that word (elite) gets thrown around for players who are not actually elite a lot.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.
BPA can be over looked by a need if the gap between the two are small.