• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL Week 7 Gameday Discussion Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,976.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners are still likely to win the division, unless the injuries just pile up to the point where they can’t be overcome. They are still a talented team and the Seahawks are the only real threat to them in the division and the Niners just beat them.

The NFC is interesting, I think the Lions are the best team in it right now, followed by the Packers.
Don't overlook the TB Bucs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two good defenses and two washed up QBs and shitty offense. Smells like the Broncos/ Jets 10-9 game all over again.

(Now that I said that, it will be a 30-29 shootout)

I kind of hope Wilson lights it up... because Nix has been anything else but good - he's throwing lame ducks (Oregon... heh that's good) 24/7 and yah he runs around but the reason that team is doing fuck all is their defense... which Sean Payton knows jack shit about. Maybe it was the Waltons that wanted to move on from Wilson and draft Nix and Patyon (who I can't stand) just had to deal with it. But I would find quite a high level of satisfaction if Wilson comes in and starts killing it week after week basically showing Payton is the hack coach everyone knows that bounty motherfucker is.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overlook the TB Bucs.
I would put the Bucs a step below the Lions and Packers, along with several other NFC teams, including my Falcons. Huge showdown between us and the Bucs next week, maybe it will be as thrilling as our first meeting. I just think the Lions and then the Packers are a cut above the other NFC teams that are decent such as Commanders, Bucs, Niners, Falcons, Vikings etc.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I get to sit back and see how Russ does with Pitt, been looking forward to this
I dont think either QB is the answer & they are gonna waste a killer defense, but If Russ starts scoring on Offense, the Steelers will be a scary team this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Mahomes generally horrible performance, multiple turnovers...

Announcers/broadcast: "OMGOMGOMFOFMFF PAT MAHOMES OMFOFMFFFFFFG *takes pants off* HE'S SO GOOD SEASON HIGH OF FORTY ONE! FORTY ONE YARDS SCRAMBLING! Ya know like every QB basically does? BUT PAT MAHOMES, PATRICK, HE LOOKS SO GOOD DOING IT!"
And if KC traded Mahomes and his pass rating to Seattle, your pecker would fall off from your nonstop beating it for the next week straight

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if KC traded Mahomes and his pass rating to Seattle, your pecker would fall off from your nonstop beating it for the next week straight

Well duh, of course I'd be ecstatic if Seattle got a QB like Mahomes. He's got a great track record and has won Superbowls. My point is, he's playing pretty average this season and despite the defense (top 5 in points allowed btw) making great plays and helping to secure/win the game, the announcers just seem to be constantly sucking him off and ignoring why they're ACTUALLY winning games. Same thing happens with most SuperBowls these days. The QB always gets it even when they had a pretty pathetic game and other players took it over. The last redeeming Super Bowl MVP was Seattle's Malcolm Smith... basically a no namer that had a huge pick 6 to seal the game. Now a defender could have a pick 6, fumble return, shit out Taylor Smith for a halftime show, and still lose it to the QB.

That all said, Mahomes is still a good QB. I just get annoyed with these dumbass announcers nut hugging him 24/7. It's not like Mahomes is the first one btw. Brady, Aikman, hell even guys like Jeter... the list goes on. Good players, but getting way overrated at times.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still win that bad division but hard to see them doing much in the playoffs
Niners will be healthy in a few weeks and be back to the best NFC team.

CMC, Jennings, Deebo, Aiyuk all missed today. Multiple starters on defense have been out.

They just need to win the division and they will be favorites for the NFC by the time the playoffs come around.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, these grey facemasks are badASS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think we can all agree we're rooting for the Jets to lose because Rodgers is a whiny bitch and they just fired Salah and then traded for Adams because Rodgers is a whiny bitch. And fuck New York in general, their stupid ass population already has the Yankees in the World Series and New York assholes could have the OTHER New York team in the series.... so just fuck New York in general.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think we can all agree we're rooting for the Jets to lose because Rodgers is a whiny bitch and they just fired Salah and then traded for Adams because Rodgers is a whiny bitch. And fuck New York in general, their stupid ass population already has the Yankees in the World Series and New York assholes could have the OTHER New York team in the series.... so just fuck New York in general.

Ya!! What ^he said!!

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fields was starting then yes to all. But starting Wilson makes me want to see the Steelers get embarrassed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fields was starting then yes to all. But starting Wilson makes me want to see the Steelers get embarrassed.

I understand Wilson dominated the 49ers for years... but your priorities are off... I may just have to root for Brock Turdy if they were playing the Jets tonight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, of course I'd be ecstatic if Seattle got a QB like Mahomes. He's got a great track record and has won Superbowls. My point is, he's playing pretty average this season and despite the defense (top 5 in points allowed btw) making great plays and helping to secure/win the game, the announcers just seem to be constantly sucking him off and ignoring why they're ACTUALLY winning games. Same thing happens with most SuperBowls these days. The QB always gets it even when they had a pretty pathetic game and other players took it over. The last redeeming Super Bowl MVP was Seattle's Malcolm Smith... basically a no namer that had a huge pick 6 to seal the game. Now a defender could have a pick 6, fumble return, shit out Taylor Smith for a halftime show, and still lose it to the QB.

That all said, Mahomes is still a good QB. I just get annoyed with these dumbass announcers nut hugging him 24/7. It's not like Mahomes is the first one btw. Brady, Aikman, hell even guys like Jeter... the list goes on. Good players, but getting way overrated at times.
Horsecrap
Mahomes might be the greatest QB of all time. The guys you mentioned, Brady, Aikman...all guys with AT LEAST 3 Rings...they are smart enough to just do what they need to. If Patrick needed to throw for 400 yards to win, he would. The Chiefs have the best defense in football(as SF just learned). Mahomes is going to probably be in the Super Bowl again, vs Detroit IMO, and is the favorite to win it. They are undefeated and just waxed a team that many thought had a chance against them since it was on the road. You keep knocking Pat, im sure KC fans will let y'all talk about the QB's putting up empty numbers while their guy takes care of the only number that matters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horsecrap
Mahomes might be the greatest QB of all time. The guys you mentioned, Brady, Aikman...all guys with AT LEAST 3 Rings...they are smart enough to just do what they need to. If Patrick needed to throw for 400 yards to win, he would. The Chiefs have the best defense in football(as SF just learned). Mahomes is going to probably be in the Super Bowl again, vs Detroit IMO, and is the favorite to win it. They are undefeated and just waxed a team that many thought had a chance against them since it was on the road. You keep knocking Pat, im sure KC fans will let y'all talk about the QB's putting up empty numbers while their guy takes care of the only number that matters

Okay you know what, UK?

4c8c60ce-d2c8-4cd1-80e3-93e35ad8687f_text.gif

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Wilson dominated the 49ers for years... but your priorities are off... I may just have to root for Brock Turdy if they were playing the Jets tonight.
I just don’t like Wilson as a person more than I dislike Rodgers. Nothing to do with his Seattle days.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t like Wilson as a person more than I dislike Rodgers. Nothing to do with his Seattle days.

Well yah, but by rule you have to hate New York, and that has a 1.5x multiplier on hating any player.