• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thee 2022 nfl draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like #1 is seemingly locked up. Too much smoke around Walker to Jags

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now seeing a lot of mocks with Stingley going to #3 Texans. Interesting but I guess with Gardner being a Jalen Ramsey type of personality I could see it but that will be a mistake imo. Gardner is the #1 CB hands down imo

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that would be better than using a 1st rounder on a QB this year. Jimmy or Baker, as long as you are sending as little in trade as possible (no 1sts, preferrably as late of picks as possible).
I'm of the opinion that Baker > Rookie > Jimmy for most teams. With Jimmy G's age and injury history, he is in that veteran nomad stage of his career where he doesnt really have any value but if he lands in a good spot then he can make the best of it. Baker is closer to where Jameis Winston, Mariota, and Trubisky are. Makes a few too many bad decisions but young enough to correct things a bit.

The lack of interest in Baker is pretty telling, though. He might just not be a good leader

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Kollman mock to show how different the opinions are on this draft

1. Jags - Travon Walker DL
2. Lions - Malik Willis QB
3. Texans - Aiden Hutchinson Edge
4. Jets - Jameson Williams WR
5. Giants - Evan Neal OT
6. Panthers - Charles Cross OT
7. Giants - Garrett Wilson WR (Keenan Allen comp)
8. Falcons - Drake London WR
9. Seattle - Ikem Ekwanu OT
10. Jets - Arnold Ebikete Edge (Justin Houston comp)
11. WTF - Derek Stingley CB
12. Vikings - Sauce Gardner CB
13. Texans - George Pickens WR
14. Ravens - Josh Pachal DL
15. Eagles - Jordan Davis DT
16. Saints - Bernhard Raimann OT
17. Chargers - Devante Wyatt DT
18. Eagles - Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge
19. Saints - Christian Watson WR
20. Steelers - Andrew Booth Jr CB
21. Patriots - Zion Johnson OL
22. Packers - Chris Olave WR
23. Cardinals - Boye Mafe Edge
24. Cowboys - Jermaine Johnson Edge
25. Bills - Jalen Pitre DB
26. Titans - Desmond Ridder QB
27. Bucs - Kenyon Green OG
28. Packers - George Karlaftis Edge
29. Chiefs - Trent McDuffie DB (Honey Badger comp)
30. Chiefs - Skyy Moore WR
31. Bengals - Tyler Linderbaum C
32. Lions - David Ojabo Edge

No trades but judging by where he is picking players I think he is implying trades.
Johnson at 24? Sign me up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that Baker > Rookie > Jimmy for most teams. With Jimmy G's age and injury history, he is in that veteran nomad stage of his career where he doesnt really have any value but if he lands in a good spot then he can make the best of it. Baker is closer to where Jameis Winston, Mariota, and Trubisky are. Makes a few too many bad decisions but young enough to correct things a bit.

The lack of interest in Baker is pretty telling, though. He might just not be a good leader
Yeah his leadership is questionable now. He has some issues and was surprised he really never worked with a QB coach until this offseason really, that is a step in the right direction but does that help in reading defenses. Probably not. That being said he is the best option for a couple teams at this point and if he can get to the level of half of 2020 season level, he is without a doubt worth the risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they're looking for wins this year to save face (or a job, like Rhule in Carolina), Baker and Jimmy are far above any of this year's rookie crop. I don't see any of them as instant starters. Both are on one year deals, so there's no extended commitment to either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're looking for wins this year to save face (or a job, like Rhule in Carolina), Baker and Jimmy are far above any of this year's rookie crop. I don't see any of them as instant starters. Both are on one year deals, so there's no extended commitment to either.
They seem to have a weirdly high opinion on Sam Darnold. They got rid of Bridgewater for Darnold and Bridgewater and Jimmy G are the same tier of QB imo. One of their receivers openly mocked the idea that Baker would be their QB. The Panthers owner apparently wants an OT.

I think they're taking the Denver Broncos approach. Keep drafting good players. Eventually the QB will come. Difference is that Rhule apparently has a big fat contract so they're committed to him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys should have many options with BPA and fit at 24. Theres a chance Karlaftis is there but not Johnson
Lots of smoke around both Karlaftis and Johnson falling. My opinion is that both the Packers and Chiefs would trade up or take both if available in their trade up range.

One thing I think his mock gets right is how many Edge rushers will be going in rd1. I've seen a ton of 'oh, you can just get your edge rusher in rd2' type of mocks. Teams will trade up and take quality edge rushers rd1 every year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Davis makes too much sense for Baltimore

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around both Karlaftis and Johnson falling. My opinion is that both the Packers and Chiefs would trade up or take both if available in their trade up range.

One thing I think his mock gets right is how many Edge rushers will be going in rd1. I've seen a ton of 'oh, you can just get your edge rusher in rd2' type of mocks. Teams will trade up and take quality edge rushers rd1 every year.
We saw the Saints do it a couple years ago (18) AND they gave up a future 1st

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Davis makes too much sense for Baltimore
I still think they go OT. A team like the Ravens expects to be better than a team that misses the playoffs so in their mind it might be their best chance at OT.

Jordan Davis is in that Dontari Poe, Vita Vea draft range, imo. Somewhere right after the top positional values leave but clearly a 1st rounder

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anybody got odds to something they want added just post it with a link in the bet comments before 2pm today and I'll do my best to accommodate.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports that the Jaguars would like to move off the No. 1 pick but cannot find a trade partner.​

The Jaguars are expected to take Georgia's Travon Walker if they stay at No. 1, although that is far from a sure thing. Aidan Hutchinson, long thought to be the first overall pick could entice a team to move up, allowing the Jaguars to get Walker and additional capital from a small trade down. However, the Lions and Texans could also be eyeing different players, making it difficult to generate trade interest within the top four picks. Without a quarterback to drive the trade market, the Jaguars will most likely make the No. 1 selection.