• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thee 2022 nfl draft

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Deebo to the Jets is a possibility. Toney to the Cardinals. Shenault to the Chiefs.

I really like your mock. Those are so tough to do.

Toney to the Card's seems HIGHLY unlikely. They just took Rondale Moore last year. Too similar I would think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like your mock. Those are so tough to do.

Toney to the Card's seems HIGHLY unlikely. They just took Rondale Moore last year. Too similar I would think.
I figured Toney would fit the Kirk role. Arizona in general just needs more depth at WR for the annual Hopkins injury and probably annual Moore injury

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is that this applies to this draft more than most.

Apparently the top of this draft is hot garbage relative to most but the draft is super deep

Regarding "super deep" comment... read at one site the strength of this draft is from late 1st/early 2nd to late 3rd and not much difference in grades for prospects. Due to Covid, many players returned for this year to college and coming out this year for draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that and was trying to figure out why in the world the Pats would do that. When you are on the clock if you don't like anyone, sure, but that's just bizarre a few days before the draft when NO ONE has any idea what players will and won't be around in the 5th. What if a guy you have rated as a 3rd rounder is still there? The only thing I could think of was they are low on cap space and expect this to help

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that and was trying to figure out why in the world the Pats would do that. When you are on the clock if you don't like anyone, sure, but that's just bizarre a few days before the draft when NO ONE has any idea what players will and won't be around in the 5th. What if a guy you have rated as a 3rd rounder is still there? The only thing I could think of was they are low on cap space and expect this to help
Only thing that made sense is more ammo for trade but a 6th and 7th aren't worth much. Doesn't make much sense tbh unless they like a handful guys late in this draft but like you said, just wait until you are OTC

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article about how most sportbooks lose money on NFL draft props. Maybe we should be limiting our discussions to best bets!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why I think the term, reach, is a bit overblown. Reach based on what? Because an actual GM took a guy higher than a fake GM guessed he'd go?

It was a surprise pick at the time is all I am saying. It proved fruitful of course.

Until the actual GMs show us their draft boards (lol), all we have are fake GMs to judge by (and it's getting worse with the explosion of sports blogs).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Toney would fit the Kirk role. Arizona in general just needs more depth at WR for the annual Hopkins injury and probably annual Moore injury

Moore probably fits best in the Kirk role too, but a lot of these roles are getting jumbled these days anyway. Would it be probelematic to have Toney and Moore along with Hopkins? Certainly not. With Kyler at QB, you want guys that are built for scramble plays.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a surprise pick at the time is all I am saying. It proved fruitful of course.

Until the actual GMs show us their draft boards (lol), all we have are fake GMs to judge by (and it's getting worse with the explosion of sports blogs).
Oh no doubt about that and like most I like seeing what the fake GMs have to say.

I've just always thought instead of ripping the FO for reaching, maybe it was the fake GM who guessed wrong? Pretty sure those in the real FOs don't care much beyond their own board.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Simms doesn't have Garrett Wilson in his top 5 and Pierce and Watson over him lol. Both those guys are athletic freaks but too many question marks to put them in top 5. Watson had a lot of issues catching the football and Pierce the production wasn't there.

Simms top 5 WR
1. Jameson Williams
2. Christian Watson
3. Alec Pierce
4. Treylon Burks
5. Drake London

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt about that and like most I like seeing what the fake GMs have to say.

I've just always thought instead of ripping the FO for reaching, maybe it was the fake GM who guessed wrong? Pretty sure those in the real FOs don't care much beyond their own board.

Trying running a mock draft today on multiple sites; it's a joke. You can get 3rd round values on one site in the 7th on another site.

Valuing traits vs production is always a part of guys getting over/under drafted.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Simms doesn't have Garrett Wilson in his top 5 and Pierce and Watson over him lol. Both those guys are athletic freaks but too many question marks to put them in top 5. Watson had a lot of issues catching the football and Pierce the production wasn't there.

Simms top 5 WR
1. Jameson Williams
2. Christian Watson
3. Alec Pierce
4. Treylon Burks
5. Drake London

Not the biggest fan of Burks either. Give me the guys that specialize in separation and route running.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simms top 5 WR
1. Jameson Williams
2. Christian Watson
3. Alec Pierce
4. Treylon Burks
5. Drake London
I know one of Simms hot takes in the past was that DJ Chark was a top WR and that...sorta paid off as a hot take. I see Pierce kinda like that Chark-esque player.

Watson's catching issues are overblown imo. The bigger issue with drafting him is his age and level of competition and he really only runs about 5 routes and just wins on athleticism. I've heard his route running compared to DJ Moore and I think that would probably be what him not busting would look like.

Wilson isnt super polished. If he busts, he could end up like Mecole Hardman. I saw a scout who was low on Wilson compare him to Hardman. If he hits, though, his upside is closer to Torry Holt. Thats a wide range although imo he is safer than the other guys on his list.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know one of Simms hot takes in the past was that DJ Chark was a top WR and that...sorta paid off as a hot take. I see Pierce kinda like that Chark-esque player.

Watson's catching issues are overblown imo. The bigger issue with drafting him is his age and level of competition and he really only runs about 5 routes and just wins on athleticism. I've heard his route running compared to DJ Moore and I think that would probably be what him not busting would look like.

Wilson isnt super polished. If he busts, he could end up like Mecole Hardman. I saw a scout who was low on Wilson compare him to Hardman. If he hits, though, his upside is closer to Torry Holt. Thats a wide range although imo he is safer than the other guys on his list.
I actually think Wilson is one of the safer WR prospects, his ceiling might not be as high as other guys but I feel his floor is higher. He isn't the route runner Olave is but overall not too much concerns me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Wilson is one of the safer WR prospects, his ceiling might not be as high as other guys but I feel his floor is higher. He isn't the route runner Olave is but overall not too much concerns me.
Simms also did a mock draft and had Wilson going 19th overall. So while he isnt high on him, he still sees him going rd1.

Simms also has 2 DTs in the top 10 and Stingley dropping to 23. Not sure his list is going to be as accurate as some of the others out there