• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thee 2022 nfl draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will likely be proven wrong almost immediately but I'll throw out a mock draft

1) Jacksonville Jaguars- Travon Walker DL
2) Detroit Lions- Hutchinson EDGE
3) Houston Texans Ekwonu OL
4) New York Jets Thibodaux EDGE
5) New York Giants Evan Neal OT
6) Carolina Panthers Willis QB
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) Sauce Gardner CB
8) Atlanta Falcons Wilson WR
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) Cross OL
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) Jameson Williams WR
11) Washington Commanders London WR
12) Minnesota Vikings Stingley CB
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns) Kyle Hamilton S
14) Baltimore Ravens Penning OT
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins) Johnson EDGE
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles) Tyler Smith OT
17) Los Angeles Chargers Olave WR
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints) Dax Hill S
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles) C Watson WR
20) Pittsburgh Steelers Linderbaum C
21) New England Patriots J Davis DT
22) Green Bay Packers Raimann OT
23) Arizona Cardinals McDuffie CB
24) Dallas Cowboys Burks WR
25) Buffalo Bills Booth CB
26) Tennessee Titans K Green OL
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers D Wyatt DT
28) Green Bay Packers Pickens WR
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) Karlaftis EDGE
30) Kansas City Chiefs Gordon CB
31) Cincinnati Bengals Elam CB
32) Detroit Lions Corral QB

I had Karlaftis going to the Packers originally but I might have been a bit high on his placement.

I do think Deebo to the Jets is a possibility. Toney to the Cardinals. Shenault to the Chiefs.
As a Cowboys fan. You better be wrong!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that Baker is necessarily the answer either, but the Panthers may be focused on the draft for QB soon after as well. I have no faith in this year's QB class. The value in choosing one early in the first isn't there IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was coming off an injury at the time.
Well, yeah, but he was young and a projected top 5 pick for the longest time. Cam, Von Miller, Aldon Smith and Julio Jones flew up draft boards and for good reason. Strong draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah, but he was young and a projected top 5 pick for the longest time. Cam, Von Miller, Aldon Smith and Julio Jones flew up draft boards and for good reason. Strong draft.

I just remember that being the reason he was still available at 14. Really, the only questionable picks ahead of him were QBs (Locker, Ponder, Gabbert). Everyone else ahead of him made a pro bowl other than Nick Fairley, who was also pretty good. Cam, Von, Dareus, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio, Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt.....definitely a strong draft, agreed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Baker is necessarily the answer either, but the Panthers may be focused on the draft for QB soon after as well. I have no faith in this year's QB class. The value in choosing one early in the first isn't there IMO.
Yep and it could all be a smokescreen. Sure they are focused on #6 QB options but what if they don't get their guy...Baker is the next best option but really he is the best option overall. If the Browns were to cover most of his salary then I think it would be worth the risk. I guess it just isn't ideal to have Baker and Darnold + possibly a 1st round rookie.

I think the Panthers are screwed either way. The best option is really to tank and get a high pick next season to draft a QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it could all be a smokescreen. Sure they are focused on #6 QB options but what if they don't get their guy...Baker is the next best option but really he is the best option overall. If the Browns were to cover most of his salary then I think it would be worth the risk. I guess it just isn't ideal to have Baker and Darnold + possibly a 1st round rookie.

I think the Panthers are screwed either way. The best option is really to tank and get a high pick next season to draft a QB.

At #6, they should be able to get their guy, but who knows. Hard to imagine spending a top 6 pick on any of these QBs. Houston, Panthers and the Falcons could be thinking QB early, maybe even the Giants and Detroit (those two at least have a decent option in place, as does Houston really), so who knows?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. So getting the best bridge QB isn't actually the best way to go, rather it's better to go with a Mariota or Lock to put your team in better draft position in 2023.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. So getting the best bridge QB isn't actually the best way to go, rather it's better to go with a Mariota or Lock to put your team in better draft position in 2023.

Then they should be set with Darnold lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see a Carolina coach on a hot seat thinking that a top 10 defense, a healthy CmC, and a rookie running QB can get them in the back end of the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see a Carolina coach on a hot seat thinking that a top 10 defense, a healthy CmC, and a rookie running QB can get them in the back end of the playoffs.

In the NFC this season, many things are possible. Still think that's a stretch though, including the healthy CmC assumption.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That draft sucked ass for a lot of teams like my Vikings.

Only draft that has happened in the last 30 or so years to happen BEFORE the free agency period. It was like that because of the lockout.

Because of that, teams with huge needs, especially at the QB position, needed to draft players at those positions just to check off boxes on needs. Other than Cam, there wasnt a top QB that should have been drafted in the 1st round. But because of the way the offseason played out because of the lockout, there were like 4 or 5 QB's that went in the top 15 because of the situation.

I screamed that the whole period before the draft. Guys like Locker and Gabbert were fucking terrible prospects at the position if you actually sat down and watched their games and not just their highlight throws. But sure enough all the QB's went flying off the board and my idiot Vikings then followed it up with what is one of the biggest reaches in NFL history by drafting Christian Ponder, who I had said before the draft shouldn't be taken in the 1st 3 rounds, at the #12 spot right before Quinn and Fairely (one of whom they should have taken).

Worst draft night ever. I knew we had just screwed up our team for years to come because of that move. It is what people still fail to realize. Taking the WRONG QB in the draft is the worst move a franchise can make. Nothing sets your team back more than that. Mostly because teams will start that QB for 3 or 4 years before finally giving up on them. It is why you really have to take your hats off to the Arizona franchise for giving up on Rosen so quickly. Most teams dont make that bold move and are stuck with years of bad QB play because of it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFC this season, many things are possible. Still think that's a stretch though, including the healthy CmC assumption.
Rhule seems tied to the CmC window. I think if they were tanking then CmC would've been given away.

Instead, their plan A was getting in on the Watson sweepstakes. Their plan B is to either take an OT and wait for a QB next year when everyone gets fired or to take someone like Willis and just hopes that he Tebows his way into the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft sucked ass for a lot of teams like my Vikings.

Only draft that has happened in the last 30 or so years to happen BEFORE the free agency period. It was like that because of the lockout.

Because of that, teams with huge needs, especially at the QB position, needed to draft players at those positions just to check off boxes on needs. Other than Cam, there wasnt a top QB that should have been drafted in the 1st round. But because of the way the offseason played out because of the lockout, there were like 4 or 5 QB's that went in the top 15 because of the situation.

I screamed that the whole period before the draft. Guys like Locker and Gabbert were fucking terrible prospects at the position if you actually sat down and watched their games and not just their highlight throws. But sure enough all the QB's went flying off the board and my idiot Vikings then followed it up with what is one of the biggest reaches in NFL history by drafting Christian Ponder, who I had said before the draft shouldn't be taken in the 1st 3 rounds, at the #12 spot right before Quinn and Fairely (one of whom they should have taken).

Worst draft night ever. I knew we had just screwed up our team for years to come because of that move.
I remember having a 2nd round grade on Locker and Gabbert and a 4th round grade on Ponder. Teams overreacted to the new rookie QB deals imo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why a lot of people have mocked Willis to Carolina and feel they may pull the trigger.

Carolina's coach basically needs a winning season OR at best putting something decent together with a rookie QB. Malik because he can run is maybe the best answer? Long term doesn't seem viable at all... but I don't think that's what Rhule is thinking. He's thinking about keeping his job for a few more years, then it's easy to blame it on "Well my QB didn't work out." to get another job elsewhere.

Last edited: