• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Test: JTB Cited for OVI

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of selfish prick goes out and gets slammed the night before a game then has the audacity to get behind the wheel. Sounds like a stupid, selfish move.
Bye week

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At max he'll get a ticket for reckless driving, pay a fine, may sit out the Minn game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ohio, it is a felony on the 4th DUI. I just had to look it up
4!?!?

So it goes something like this..

first time DUI...Ok that was a mistake sir, don't do it again.
second DUI...Ok sir, like we said that first time was suppose to be a mistake, don't do it again, please.
third DUI....SIR! WE SAID STOP!! STOP DRIVING DRUNK! SO PLEASE DONT DO IT AGAIN, WE MEAN IT!
fourth DUI...Bro, we had no choice, now you get punished.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play off committee should take this into consideration.
When sitting in his golf cart at home, tolerating another bitter dinner of cold pizza...Urban unhatches a masterful plan.

HE COMMANDS FROM ON HIGH THAT JTB'S COMPATRIOTS...NAY...BLOOD BRETHREN, ARE HEREBY ADJUDICATED TO ASSUME THE ROLE OF JUDGE, JURY AND EXECUTIONER IN ADMONISHING THE SABOTEUR OF THEIR CONQUEST. THEY SHALL TAKE A VOTE!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4!?!?

So it goes something like this..

first time DUI...Ok that was a mistake sir, don't do it again.
second DUI...Ok sir, like we said that first time was suppose to be a mistake, don't do it again, please.
third DUI....SIR! WE SAID STOP!! STOP DRIVING DRUNK! SO PLEASE DONT DO IT AGAIN, WE MEAN IT!
fourth DUI...Bro, we had no choice, now you get punished.

Here in Colorado it's the same thing. No felony until your 4th DUI. And before June of this year there weren't any felony DUI laws. Before that law was pass you could rack up as many DUI's as ya want & just do a limited amount of time in the county jail.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
States have various laws relating to how a DUI offense will be charged. In Arizona, most DUIs are misdemeanors. However, under Arizona law the charge can be raised to a felony if you received your DUI while your license was suspended for any reason or restricted because of a DUI. If the DUI was your third offense within seven years or if you were arrested for DUI when you had a child in your vehicle under the age of 15, you could be facing felony charges.

In California, a DUI offense will be classified as a felony if the drunk driving results in an injury to another person. Virginia will prosecute a drunk driver with a Class 6 felony if the DUI was the third offense within ten years and a fourth DUI offense will require mandatory time in jail of one year.

I forgot to mention the timeframe aspect in most states. - In Alabama back in the day (maybe still?) if you did 6 months in jail they effectively restart your DUI count. One of my friend's dad accumulated 11 by the time he died of a heart attack by taking the jail time periodically.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Colorado it's the same thing. No felony until your 4th DUI. And before June of this year there weren't any felony DUI laws. Before that law was pass you could rack up as many DUI's as ya want & just do a limited amount of time in the county jail.

Damn. I thought it was two in Colorado.

Besides legalization, my favorite law Colorado lacks is the open container law. I don't drink and drive, but I do enjoy drinking and riding.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HereIn California you lose your license for a year no matter what, and then you have to hire a great lawyer and you get to pay a fine of 10k with no jail time if you're lucky.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HereIn California you lose your license for a year no matter what, and then you have to hire a great lawyer and you get to pay a fine of 10k with no jail time if you're lucky.

Ha. In Alabama you get a 3 month license suspension for a DUI and a 1 year license suspension for possession of marijuana. Figure that shit out! :tsk:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I thought it was two in Colorado.

Besides legalization, my favorite law Colorado lacks is the open container law. I don't drink and drive, but I do enjoy drinking and riding.

I was surprised to hear that CO. didn't have a felony DUI law until this year. Although if there could be 1 law passed here I wish CO. would copy what NV. has done & make cell phone use while driving illegal. There are way too many distracted drivers here in Boulder.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to hear that CO. didn't have a felony DUI law. Although if there could be 1 law passed here I wish CO. would copy what NV. has done & make cell phone use while driving illegal. There are way too many distracted drivers here in Boulder.

I agree with that. Women especially scare the crap out of me. Just going through Springs someone almost side swipes me once per day because they're on a phone.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain the difference between DUI, DWI, or OVI?

Depends on where you live. In many states, they are interchangeable. In states that clarify a difference, DUI is the lesser. Driving under the influence vs Driving while intoxicated.

As for OVI? I've never seen or heard of it before.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. In Alabama you get a 3 month license suspension for a DUI and a 1 year license suspension for possession of marijuana. Figure that shit out! :tsk:

Meant to say if he is underage. But ya I've had two friends(idiots) get DUIs back when I was in high school. Both lost a year of driving and both had their parents pay a lawyer and fees of around 10k

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Women especially scare the crap out of me. Just going through Springs someone almost side swipes me once per day because they're on a phone.

A couple of years ago I got t-boned in my Jeep when a woman yapping on her fuckin' cell phone ran a red light. What's really scary is when I see a college kid driving & talking/texting. Their bad enough drives w/o the extra distraction.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say if he is underage. But ya I've had two friends(idiots) get DUIs back when I was in high school. Both lost a year of driving and both had their parents pay a lawyer and fees of around 10k

The $$$.gives me the shivers.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where you live. In many states, they are interchangeable. In states that clarify a difference, DUI is the lesser. Driving under the influence vs Driving while intoxicated.

As for OVI? I've never scene or heard of it before.
OVI = Operating a Vehicle while Impaired