• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Test: JTB Cited for OVI

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that sticks out to me. If he was hammered, like 2x+ the legal limit, I'd say he can take the rest of the year off and think about that. However, being slightly over .08 just isn't that big. It's the difference between going 65 in a 55 and going 120 in a 55.

Very good points.

IMHO, the DUI laws are getting out of control, I have no idea how bars even stay in business if everyone obeyed the BS .08 laws. I'm hearing that there is a push to lower it again to .06............. :gaah:

You are in danger of a DUI even now if you go to a restaurant, have a glass of wine, then drive home. People have lost their minds. No, people shouldn't drive if they are stumbling drunk, but things have gone way too far. Glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s before MADD and all the other do-gooders got all these over the top laws passed. :tsk::L

Predictable holier than thou, "how dare you question the DUI laws" what if you lost someone to a Drunk driver?response in 3.......2............1...........

:suds::suds::suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points.

IMHO, the DUI laws are getting out of control, I have no idea how bars even stay in business if everyone obeyed the BS .08 laws. I'm hearing that there is a push to lower it again to .06............. :gaah:

You are in danger of a DUI even now if you go to a restaurant, have a glass of wine, then drive home. People have lost their minds. No, people shouldn't drive if they are stumbling drunk, but things have gone way too far. Glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s before MADD and all the other do-gooders got all these over the top laws passed. :tsk::L

Predictable holier than thou, "how dare you question the DUI laws" what if you lost someone to a Drunk driver?response in 3.......2............1...........

:suds::suds::suds:
Couldn't agree more. You blow a .09, and you're looking at thousand's of $$ down the drain on lawyers, court fees, classes, etc. You text and drive, and it's a fine and you're done. Texting and driving is SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous in terms of causing accidents, and has been proven in many different studies, yet the punishment is drastically lighter. You're right, if you decide to drive when you're stumbling drunk, you deserve the punishment. However, there should be tiers - just like if you're speeding.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. You blow a .09, and you're looking at thousand's of $$ down the drain on lawyers, court fees, classes, etc. You text and drive, and it's a fine and you're done. Texting and driving is SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous in terms of causing accidents, and has been proven in many different studies, yet the punishment is drastically lighter. You're right, if you decide to drive when you're stumbling drunk, you deserve the punishment. However, there should be tiers - just like if you're speeding.

They found out they weren't nailing (screwing) enough people when the limit was 1.0......... so they lowered it to .08 and its been quite the revenue stream for them. Imagine if they lower it to .06.......

I've known well to do business men that rarely drink getting their lives ruined over these BS laws, hell, some companies will even fire you.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They found out they weren't nailing (screwing) enough people when the limit was 1.0......... so they lowered it to .08 and its been quite the revenue stream for them. Imagine if they lower it to .06.......

I've known well to do business men that rarely drink getting their lives ruined over these BS laws, hell, some companies will even fire you.
Yup. Any sales job I've ever heard of involving a company car is basically instant termination if you get an OVI. Texting/emailing and driving - eh, just watch it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to his suspension, JT is also going to be forfeiting his scholarship for a semester.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thats a little extreme IMO. Unless Barrett decided to forfeit it on his own.
I don't think so. Urban said he will be given the chance "to earn it back", and he's also going through counseling. I agree, this is going a bit far.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Urban said he will be given the chance "to earn it back", and he's also going through counseling. I agree, this is going a bit far.
I mean it wasnt like he was Shitfaced drunk while driving, he was barely over the limit. 1 game suspension is the Proper punishment IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it wasnt like he was Shitfaced drunk while driving, he was barely over the limit. 1 game suspension is the Proper punishment IMO.
I tried to say that and got shredded for it. In real life, I guarantee every person here who enjoys a drink has driven at a .08 or so. Anyhow, I see it being 1 game more than likely, and he will likely be eased back in during the Illinois game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game...any other coach would do the stand up thing and make it 4, but we are talking about urban here, so I am really surprised he is even missing one. Guess the cop wasn't as easy to payoff, as what he's used to dealing with.

4 lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for 4 is because ubie has a history of making light of serious offenses.

As for high horse, please find even one example where I condoned what Georgia does with DUI's.

I don't give a rat's ass what others do...DUI's (even buzzed driving is drunk driving) are serious and should be dealt with accordingly.

Wow you sound like a dumbass.

^^^ This

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a DUI on a .082. Lessened to reckless driving, but still cost me thousands. I had a tail light out. I had like 2-3 drinks and was driving home. Perfectly fine. I voluntarily blew as I thought there was no way and just wanted to go home. OOPS!

It's mostly about the money. Just like gun laws. People will do what they want. These laws prevent nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't do that! I already EricD dumbassed you in this very thread!! You stealing my shit, brah?

He didnt dumbass me, another poster. I'm sure I could use it on you for every post ever though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be 2 games though, but no more than 2.
I have a feeling it will likely end up that way, whether it's official or not. I doubt we see JT much, if at all, the week after Minnesota.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it will likely end up that way, whether it's official or not. I doubt we see JT much, if at all, the week after Minnesota.

Illinois game forfeited!

I think OSU will be fine.