• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Test: JTB Cited for OVI

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it will likely end up that way, whether it's official or not. I doubt we see JT much, if at all, the week after Minnesota.

Eh, depends how CJ does....... he has a 2nd chance to show himself. will he take advantage of it? Because if he sucks ass........... JT will be back......

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points.

IMHO, the DUI laws are getting out of control, I have no idea how bars even stay in business if everyone obeyed the BS .08 laws. I'm hearing that there is a push to lower it again to .06............. :gaah:

You are in danger of a DUI even now if you go to a restaurant, have a glass of wine, then drive home. People have lost their minds. No, people shouldn't drive if they are stumbling drunk, but things have gone way too far. Glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s before MADD and all the other do-gooders got all these over the top laws passed. :tsk::L

Predictable holier than thou, "how dare you question the DUI laws" what if you lost someone to a Drunk driver?response in 3.......2............1...........

:suds::suds::suds:

As someone who has been PBTed right at .08 recently (while walking, with Officer I know), and who sees tapes of DWIs all the time, this just isn't true. .08 is at least three drinks in an hour (6 in 4 hours for me), and you are easily feeling a buzz. If you have a glass of wine with a meal, you won't be over .03.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has been PBTed right at .08 recently (while walking, with Officer I know), and who sees tapes of DWIs all the time, this just isn't true. .08 is at least three drinks in an hour (6 in 4 hours for me), and you are easily feeling a buzz. If you have a glass of wine with a meal, you won't be over .03.

depends on how much you weigh. in your scenario, someone that weighs 130 is going to blow a different level than someone that weighs 200.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on how much you weigh. in your scenario, someone that weighs 130 is going to blow a different level than someone that weighs 200.
Of course. But I weigh right around 150, and it would take me 4 drinks. I would never drive after more than 2, and I am positive I've never driven over .08.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what you posted is very far from being true. There are far, far more things that go into BAC than just how many drinks you had in an hour. Age, body type, gender, medications, drink strength, metabolism, food (how recently/what you recently ate), genetic alcohol tolerance, even emotional state and the carbonation of the drinks themselves all can affect BAC. You're WAY oversimplifying it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what you posted is very far from being true. There are far, far more things that go into BAC than just how many drinks you had in an hour. Age, body type, gender, medications, drink strength, metabolism, food (how recently/what you recently ate), genetic alcohol tolerance, even emotional state and the carbonation of the drinks themselves all can affect BAC. You're WAY oversimplifying it.
Of course, there are more variables, but none of those variables are gonna make a grown man with 2 drinks (ie 3 total ounces of alcohol) blow over .08. For virtually everyone, that would require 3 to 6 drinks, depending on your stated variables.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, there are more variables, but none of those variables are gonna make a grown man with 2 drinks (ie 3 total ounces of alcohol) blow over .08. For virtually everyone, that would require 3 to 6 drinks, depending on your stated variables.
I don't disagree. I would guess that someone his size probably had at least 3-4 drinks. I'm just saying it's not that simple. He may not have eaten much Friday, may have been stressed out about something. Hell, the way BAC works, there's a good chance he wasn't over .08 when he first started driving but the alcohol started setting in while he was on the road. At any rate, it wasn't the smartest decision, but it's pathetic how he's getting crucified on here.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to keep stating that he was just over .08 so it's not that bad. He's underage, so blowing over a .02 in Ohio is over the limit. He was more than 4x the legal limit of a minor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to keep stating that he was just over .08 so it's not that bad. He's underage, so blowing over a .02 in Ohio is over the limit. He was more than 4x the legal limit of a minor.

Drinking & driving is simply unacceptable. Hopefully JT will learn a valuable lesson from his bad judgement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he was doing something significantly dangerous. He's a grown adult, so it's not like it matters that he's 20 and not 21 in terms of how dangerous the actions itself was. Besides, 21 is a bullshit legal drinking age anyhow.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...nothing at all wrong with it until it's your friend or family member on the slab.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he learns his lesson. This is just a foolish thing to do. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just said the same thing,you just explained it better. :thumb:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points.

IMHO, the DUI laws are getting out of control, I have no idea how bars even stay in business if everyone obeyed the BS .08 laws. I'm hearing that there is a push to lower it again to .06............. :gaah:

You are in danger of a DUI even now if you go to a restaurant, have a glass of wine, then drive home. People have lost their minds. No, people shouldn't drive if they are stumbling drunk, but things have gone way too far. Glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s before MADD and all the other do-gooders got all these over the top laws passed. :tsk::L

Predictable holier than thou, "how dare you question the DUI laws" what if you lost someone to a Drunk driver?response in 3.......2............1...........

:suds::suds::suds:

Don't drink and drive at all.

Problem solved.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, have to hand it to Urban. Removing the scholarship is a pretty brutal punishment for a college kid :clap:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, have to hand it to Urban. Removing the scholarship is a pretty brutal punishment for a college kid :clap:

That's 100x worse than suspending him for 2 games instead of 1, it might benefit the team and fans of the team, but taking away his scholarship...wow, that's a lot of money his parents have to pay. I bet he feels like shit just to have a couple drinks.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully arrogant sounding despite the fact you were extremely lucky to escape with that win.

It seems to me that Ohio State was pretty lucky to escape with at least a couple of its wins.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking & driving is simply unacceptable. Hopefully JT will learn a valuable lesson from his bad judgement.

You're spot on, Wamu. Here we have almost an entire thread trying to justify what Barrett did. Really? Suppose he was intoxicated enough to kill someone close to you. Are you going to try to justify blowing a .08 then?