• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Test: JTB Cited for OVI

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me like he has been stricter since leaving Florida. After he burnt Florida down he learned from it and began to crack down harder.
He definitely made his share of mistakes at UF. I think coming from BG and Utah, he didn't need to be as harsh a disciplinarian, but seeing how things work at a school like Florida, he realized he needed to change his approach. He's been a very good disciplinarian at OSU when need be, but thankfully he has a pretty well-behaved team. This has gone down as the biggest legal run-in of the year I'd say, and it was for a player being barely over the legal limit. While it was a dumb mistake, it's pretty small when you see the things other schools have had to deal with this year.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also taking his scholarship away for a term next year (that ain't cheap for out of state tuition). Ask a player if he'd rather miss an extra game of have to find a way to come up with several thousands of dollars for school.
And that player will respond, "I'm going to declare for the NFL draft."

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that player will respond, "I'm going to declare for the NFL draft."
I'm sure they talked about just that before Meyer made his decision.

Meyer- "So JT, what's your plans for next season? You know it's gonna be tough with 2 other Heisman QBs on the roster..."

Barrett- "I feel it's best if I enter the draft, I'm tired of playing school anyway."

Meyer- "Sweet, brb...."

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is barely over the legal limit? WTF is barely over the legal limit of murder, r*pe, robbery.........

There is a limit for a reason, if you go over it, there is no barely.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is barely over the legal limit? WTF is barely over the legal limit of murder, r*pe, robbery.........

There is a limit for a reason, if you go over it, there is no barely.
dumbest post ever.

Being drunk is a gradient.
Being dead from murder or raped from r*pe or dispossessed from robbery is not a gradient.

Be smarter.

btw, the limit is there for a reason... because a bunch of lobbyists and politicians decided on it.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being dead from a drunk, " barely over the limit " is still dead. My post was not DUMB by the way, you may call it stupid if you want. Maybe you should look up the meaning of words before you use them.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the limit used to be .10 and he was under that (yes I know not for underage).

So at one point in time not too long ago it wasn't considered even drunk.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks to me like he is attacking the law - the limit is so low it isn't really dangerous, which I disagree with, but understand the sentiment; the drinking age is too low.

I have read some people trying to excuse what he did. That's a shame. He screwed up, got caught, has been punished, and will hopefully learn from his mistake.

We will agree to disagree. Being over 4 times the legal limit (for his age) is something very dangerous. Yes he's attacking the law as if it's the laws fault that JT Barrett got drunk (legal term) and operated a vehicle. There is only mention of how the law is messed up. GTFO if you think he was defending Barrett.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what standard? The only coach I could find that suspends a player for more than 1 game on the first offense is Mark Richt at Georgia.

View attachment 47597

Ohh, we are basing punishment on what other coaches do now? Yeah, there are absolutely no flaws in that argument.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being dead from a drunk, " barely over the limit " is still dead. My post was not DUMB by the way, you may call it stupid if you want. Maybe you should look up the meaning of words before you use them.
It actually was extremely dumb. So you're saying going 60 in a 55 and going 125 in a 55 are the same? "The limit is there for a reason". Being raped or murdered are absolutes - there is no scale on how dead or raped someone is. There IS a scale for how drunk someone is, and anyone with a brain understands why.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is defending anyone... just defending clear logic.

a DUI limit is not the same as being murdered or raped or robbed... it's a limit on a gradient decided by politicians... that's not the same as being dead or raped... those things are dichotomic

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will agree to disagree. Being over 4 times the legal limit (for his age) is something very dangerous. Yes he's attacking the law as if it's the laws fault that JT Barrett got drunk (legal term) and operated a vehicle. There is only mention of how the law is messed up. GTFO if you think he was defending Barrett.
Is this serious? So, you're telling me what he did would be significantly less dangerous if it was 3 months from now when he's 21?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this serious? So, you're telling me what he did would be significantly less dangerous if it was 3 months from now when he's 21?
Don't feed the dunce, dude. just... just don't.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows that when you turn 21 your tolerance instantly becomes waaay better.

It's science, bro.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The line itself may be arbitrary, but it's no secret that over-21 people drive better and handle their liquor better. I see more Careless and Imprudent Driving tickets leading to accidents from people under 21 than I do from people over 21. Same for Public Intox.

It's hilarious to watch Ohio State fans argue that he wasn't that drunk when, you know, he tried to escape from a DWI checkpoint. JT obviously thought he was intoxicated enough that when an officer asked him "how much have you had to drink tonight," asked for his license, and shined a flashlight in his eyes, it would reveal that he was intoxicated. That's a pretty clear sign that he was intoxicated (in his own mind), and yes, he was a risk to others.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second degree murder, strong arm robbery.............there is your gradient. It's still the same outcome.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second degree murder, strong arm robbery.............there is your gradient. It's still the same outcome.
spoken like a 7th grade lincoln-douglas debater. laughable.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done. There is no talking to people that stick for drunk drivers ( criminals ).