• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Minkah was had for half of that

:whoo:
Oh thank God it only took me getting to the 2nd page to find the post I was lookin for... late to the party and it’s already 13 pages deep.

LMAO at the Dolphins.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle asks their strong safety to tackle very well... Seattle was one of the worst run defenses in the league and had a large amount of missed tackles. They want the best box safety in the league.... that is Jamal Adams.

Also, you cannot be a playmaker if you play for the New York Jets. That team and Gase crush your soul and 'playmaking ability' by 30%.
JA is not Cam. Not even close.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two LATE 1st round picks in all likelihood (pending injury) and with COVID who the hell knows what draft picks will mean in terms of value if NCAAF is delayed (or doesn't even start), etc. Seattle always finds a way into the playoffs with Wilson and with Adams it's probably a lock (again pending injuries). If HALF their offense didn't get injured in the Arizona game they probably would've beat San Fran the final week, claimed the division and bye, and probably represented the Super Bowl.

As for Mack vs. Adams, agreed there... but the Bears were never a lock to win their division let alone make the playoffs with the team Mack was going to. In addition, Adams is probably the best safety in the league (Mack arguably best LBer at the time) and is a fantastic blitzer... so I'd expect Seattle to use him in packages where he's blitzing often. Adams is probably easily the best tackler/blitzer safety in the league, so it's decent value here... Seattle also runs very unorthodox packages so would not be surprised for 3-3-5 packages which is Adams acting in a 3-4 capacity for blitzing.

The one thing I did NOT like about the trade (that I later found out) was giving away McDougald who has been very serviceable for Seattle but I'm assuming he doesn't fit the scheme Carroll is now looking for and they needed cap room.

Last year they selected #21. Not sure "LATE" is accurate?

It's top 2/3rd of the picks.
Also it's TWO first round picks. As you mentioned who knows where Seattle ends up the next two seasons.

Come on Hawk fans admit it. This was a terrible deal. Stop trying to sugar coat it.

I already posted what NE has accomplished with LATE first found picks over the past decade. There are players out there. You just need to do your due dillegence and find them.

Or you package those picks. Both firsts or a first and a third and move up in the order.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this trade will play out, but if there is a year to trade a first round pick it’s this year given who knows what happens with college football. Also Russ doesn’t have a ton of prime years left so I don’t mind swinging for the fences

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed entirely. We lost Clowney (who still hasn't signed with anyone but can't imagine we afford him now) and we were a bottom 10 defense last year so acquiring Adams will help, especially given how bad our secondary tackling and coverage was. We did acquire quite a few pass rushers, hopefully get a healthy Diggs, and Dunbar was one of the best corners last year... along with Adams, but I assume we're going to be in the teens at best.

Also agreed with your other quote on counting on a rookie to make a splash which you can't always do. I was just stating that he was a fantastic pass rusher in College (which of course can mean jack crap in the NFL). Just stating it though that obviously the coaches/FO is HOPING it translates.

The Bears were nearly a top 10 defense before they acquired Mack. Mack pushed them into the top 5.... I think Adams (along with some other additions) will push Seattle's rank up about 10 as well, so IMO worth.

Adams is definitely an upgrade and will certainly help against the run and covering TEs/RBs.

Clowney has been unerperforming each year. He's no longer the elite pass rusher he once was. Can he still get pressure on a QB? Sure, but at what cost? Teams should only give him a one year prove it.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows how this trade will turn out. At this point it looks like a stupid trade for the Seahawks. They got a solid player on the last year of his deal who is looking for prima donna money. SB or bust?

lol at all the Seahawk fans acting like the first round picks They gave up don’t matter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how Seattle plays their secondary, I may argue Adams... In Seattle's Super Bowl year and dominant run, they never had a Khalil Mack or Nick Bosa type of lineman. They basically had a bunch of journeyman defensive lineman and then Kam basically destroying any RB, TE, WR that went over the middle. No surprise the investment and secondary strategy of being the glue (outside of Wagner) given Carroll's former secondary coach role. Adams brings that. Seattle's FO was fine letting Thomas and Sherman walk, but they kept Kam around before he retired even as a pretty big chunk of the cap.

Clowney is still a FA as well... he may come back for another 1 year prove it deal (although he proved it IMO last year... Seattle's lackluster defense may have kept teams shy, along with COVID).

Thomas and Sherman wanted out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Sherman wanted out.

Also I dont think Thomas wanted out, he wanted a new contract, then the Seahawks didnt give him one then he broke his leg, then he wanted out.
Both were disgruntled watching others get paid and the FO making what they felt were bad decisions. Yes of course they wanted paid. Knew they weren't going to get paid and wanted out. Niether had anything nice to say on their way out.

Lip stick, pig that way>>>>

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were disgruntled watching others get paid and the FO making what they felt were bad decisions. Yes of course they wanted paid. Knew they weren't going to get paid and wanted out. Niether had anything nice to say on their way out.

Lip stick, pig that way>>>>
Ok but youre wrong Sherman didnt want out. He got hurt then was cut thats why he was pissed.

Thomas didnt want out he wanted a new contract.

show me where they wanted out ill wait.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saying its a bad trade for the seahawks has ignored the argument that the 2021 draft is going to be garbage. The college football season is about to be canceled any day now so how will teams evaluate prospects? They will be drafting college players that haven't played football in like 18 months, the only tape they can study is some scrimmage tape on camera schools will send them mixed with a month long NFL combine.

I would rather sell my picks for the 2021 draft maybe the 2022 draft may sting but in return to get the best safety in the entire NFL is a great return this man at age 22 and 23 was an ALL PRO selection. Barring injury he is probably a for sure hall of fame DB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saying its a bad trade for the seahawks has ignored the argument that the 2021 draft is going to be garbage. The college football season is about to be canceled any day now so how will teams evaluate prospects? They will be drafting college players that haven't played football in like 18 months, the only tape they can study is some scrimmage tape on camera schools will send them mixed with a month long NFL combine.

I would rather sell my picks for the 2021 draft maybe the 2022 draft may sting but in return to get the best safety in the entire NFL is a great return this man at age 22 and 23 was an ALL PRO selection. Barring injury he is probably a for sure hall of fame DB.
Best Safety in the NFL? For sure hall of fame?

This is a Candidate for homer post of the year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but youre wrong Sherman didnt want out. He got hurt then was cut thats why he was pissed.

Thomas didnt want out he wanted a new contract.

show me where they wanted out ill wait.

Well this took all of 30 seconds. Though not 100% conclusive niether is your arguement. I'll go along with the Seattle Times and AS.

So is it just that Richard Sherman wants out of Seattle?

Really your arguement is ET didn't want out he wanted paid? Which I already said. Was Seattle going to pay him? Maybe that's a part of why "he wanted out"? That's rhetorical. You can take off the homer visor now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a moment there I thought I was on the Eagle's board.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good get

gets him out of the AFCE

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to back all pro selections.....There is nothing more to say in fact you cant possibly think of anything more to say