• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Safety in the NFL? For sure hall of fame?

This is a Candidate for homer post of the year.

I also liked how you ignored my other good point and highlighted this with no substance to back it up

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth I heard a national radio guy say he was the best safety in football. I still can't believe the Jets got 2 firsts for a guy everyone knew they had to deal while my team got a mid round pick for Trent Williams. Granted he's older but still....

Good trade for both teams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth I heard a national radio guy say he was the best safety in football. I still can't believe the Jets got 2 firsts for a guy everyone knew they had to deal while my team got a mid round pick for Trent Williams. Granted he's older but still....

Good trade for both teams.

I think the Jets had some good leverage, other teams were making some good offers.. Jamal was a wanted guy...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets had some good leverage, other teams were making some good offers.. Jamal was a wanted guy...

Oh no doubt but we've seen teams before trying to trade really good players who wanted out and they didn't have the leverage and the offers reflected that. He's a stud no doubt but the Jets still did well here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me as a Cowboys fan with no SB wins in 25 years I have

Seattle Overpaid

Adams is not Charles Haley the last piece to the puzzle

JMHO
In other words, if Dallas had to pay too much in a trade, but it helped them win a SB, would wound not make that trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they selected #21. Not sure "LATE" is accurate?

It's top 2/3rd of the picks.
Also it's TWO first round picks. As you mentioned who knows where Seattle ends up the next two seasons.

Come on Hawk fans admit it. This was a terrible deal. Stop trying to sugar coat it.

I already posted what NE has accomplished with LATE first found picks over the past decade. There are players out there. You just need to do your due dillegence and find them.

Or you package those picks. Both firsts or a first and a third and move up in the order.

I see that you are still obsessed with the Seahawks.

Jamal Adams is a 24 year All-Pro. The odds that either one of those 2 picks would turn into an All-Pro are very small.

Assuming that the Seahawks do something to improve their pass rush, their defense could be pretty good this year. And with Wilson, that means they are a SB contender.

Of course there are risks with this trade and it could blow up in their face. But it could also lead to a SB title

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Jamal Adams and the Seahawks agreed he would play 2020 on his existing rookie contract before finalizing their trade.
Similar to Seattle's situation with Jadeveon Clowney last year, Adams' impasse with the Jets began over a contract dispute he'll apparently put on hold in order to move on. The 24-year-old will make roughly $3.59 million this year with no guarantees of a long-term deal ahead of 2021, the final year of his contract. The organization coughed up two first-round picks and a third to bring Adams over, so the Seahawks are still expected to move forward with negotiations next offseason.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt but we've seen teams before trying to trade really good players who wanted out and they didn't have the leverage and the offers reflected that. He's a stud no doubt but the Jets still did well here.

Oh yeah, Jets did well.... I"m happy as heck to have Jamal, he's a legit stud, but it stings letting go of our next two first round picks... But right now Seattle is better, and Jamal is young, but were committed now, they MUST extend him and keep him...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, if Dallas had to pay too much in a trade, but it helped them win a SB, would wound not make that trade.

if it’s the last piece probably so but the Cowboys are not that close IMHO.
I can see the points of some saying it was good for Seattle I just think it was 2 much 2 firsts and a 3rd plus you have to pay him next year
I would have gave 1st and 3rd no more which is what was offed last fall from what they say here in Dallas

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this took all of 30 seconds. Though not 100% conclusive niether is your arguement. I'll go along with the Seattle Times and AS.

So is it just that Richard Sherman wants out of Seattle?

Really your arguement is ET didn't want out he wanted paid? Which I already said. Was Seattle going to pay him? Maybe that's a part of why "he wanted out"? That's rhetorical. You can take off the homer visor now.
So the link you posted for Sherman is 100% speculation and doesn’t confirm one way or another

as for Thomas yea the Seahawks didn’t want to pay. After he broke his leg I 100% agree he wanted out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it’s the last piece probably so but the Cowboys are not that close IMHO.
I can see the points of some saying it was good for Seattle I just think it was 2 much 2 firsts and a 3rd plus you have to pay him next year
I would have gave 1st and 3rd no more which is what was offed last fall from what they say here in Dallas

The crazy part is, Jamal is only gonna be a 825K cap hit this upcoming year... We actually saved cap room swapping McDougald for Jamal, which is insanity when you think about it... Seahawks now has room to get Clowney, so we'll see how that play's out... Next year Jamal is a 9.86 M cap hit, then he would be a free agent in 2022.... Seattle will get him for cheap this year, next year's they'll extend him, I"m sure of it... probably 15 M a year, give or take ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a boom or bust trade. We'll see in a couple of years if it was worth it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a boom or bust trade. We'll see in a couple of years if it was worth it.

A couple of years? Remember...it was only about 6 months ago when Adams said he wanted to be a 'Jet for life' and here we are. Yeah....he says now that he'll play on his current deal, but this whole thing seems all about money, and not about how bad Gase is or how the GM went behind his back and all that....

Adams is an instant upgrade for Sea. for the near future....but he wants moneys....lots of it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of years? Remember...it was only about 6 months ago when Adams said he wanted to be a 'Jet for life' and here we are. Yeah....he says now that he'll play on his current deal, but this whole thing seems all about money, and not about how bad Gase is or how the GM went behind his back and all that....

Adams is an instant upgrade for Sea. for the near future....but he wants moneys....lots of it.

That you're correct on. Seattle has to lock him up and he plays at a high level helping this team get back to the SB or it's a huge bust if he walks and not even getting a sniff of a SB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also liked how you ignored my other good point and highlighted this with no substance to back it up
I didn't ignore it. I laughed at it.

Great young talent, but Seattle gave up way too much for a player that is going to cost huge money. Look at what Fitzpatrick was traded for, and he is arguably better? Seattle more than doubled that.

Put down the kool-aid.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's gonna be around for a long while, this won't be like Clowney only signing one year and having us guarantee to not tag him... Seattle honored that... But after what Seattle just gave up they're gonna lock Jamal in, not this year, but next year sometime, he's gonna get paid... It would make no sense for Seattle to give up what they did to just watch him walk... They would tag him, but I don't think it's gonna come to that, they'll work it out...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be around for a long while, this won't be like Clowney only signing one year and having us guarantee to not tag him... Seattle honored that... But after what Seattle just gave up they're gonna lock Jamal in, not this year, but next year sometime, he's gonna get paid... It would make no sense for Seattle to give up what they did to just watch him walk... They would tag him, but I don't think it's gonna come to that, they'll work it out...

Sure...it's easy to say that Seattle has every intention of signing him long term.......what if Adams wants to destroy the SS market? $17M per? $20M? Jamal has the Seahawks by the balls, much like Jalen Ramsey has the Rams pinned down, and Adams knows it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this arguing about jamal adams and best safety, where does everyone have him then?