• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks have given up

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those wondering about what Snuggles is referring to here is Olsen's quote. Decide for yourself if Olsen was saying what Snuggles is suggesting..
I take that as a shot at the coaching staff for not listening to ideas that could/maybe have worked if given the opportunity.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Ridder in the 2nd?

Talented as fuck. Not that far off from wilson's game.
No, punt on this season. No QB’s in this class is worth a 6th. Next year is loaded. Pete and John need to hit on a draft where everything is building for the next draft where they can get a QB who can run the offense from day 1.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just time, things have gotten stale, we need more youth, more good young players, it’s rebuild time … Denver will benefit more initially for sure, our goal is to benefit down the road a bit … Now I’m hearing Seattle is targeting Watson, I mean he’s a talent BUT what would we give up ? Not crazy about that idea, we need more talent on this roster overall before we can even think about making another run …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just time, things have gotten stale, we need more youth, more good young players, it’s rebuild time … Denver will benefit more initially for sure, our goal is to benefit down the road a bit … Now I’m hearing Seattle is targeting Watson, I mean he’s a talent BUT what would we give up ? Not crazy about that idea, we need more talent on this roster overall before we can even think about making another run …
Restocking the roster needs to happen first. That was the whole point of trading RW.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of getting Watson? Huge cap hit that would also cost all the picks we just go plus some more.
Be a huge mistake but some folks feel he is a franchise or better QB and they value that type of QB over a well stock roster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a huge mistake but some folks feel he is a franchise or better QB and they value that type of QB over a well stock roster.

I value that as well. But we already had one of those. We got rid of it. So we are going to bring in another one who might get suspended and would result in us having fewer drafts pick than we had a week ago and no cap space.

I honestly don't even see how we could possibly make it work.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the proposed/rumored Watson trade at all...

The only way I see that is the Seahawks coaching staff and FO (who is still employed) pissed off Wilson SOO bad that he was just done. Wilson is a consummate professional so he's not going to talk about that, but if they pissed off Wilson that bad, my faith that they're not going to piss off Watson is zero.

To top it all off, you got a 71 year old DEFENSIVE minded coach leading this team with the free reign to completely override the FO on draft picks/trades, etc. So is he going to build this team back up? Hard to imagine, since Wilson was VERY much a Schneider decision. Carroll didn't even like him from the beginning.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the proposed/rumored Watson trade at all...

The only way I see that is the Seahawks coaching staff and FO (who is still employed) pissed off Wilson SOO bad that he was just done. Wilson is a consummate professional so he's not going to talk about that, but if they pissed off Wilson that bad, my faith that they're not going to piss off Watson is zero.

To top it all off, you got a 71 year old DEFENSIVE minded coach leading this team with the free reign to completely override the FO on draft picks/trades, etc. So is he going to build this team back up? Hard to imagine, since Wilson was VERY much a Schneider decision. Carroll didn't even like him from the beginning.

It sounds like the Seahawks aren't really making a move for Watson. He would be a terrible terrible choice for the Seahawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Seahawks aren't really making a move for Watson. He would be a terrible terrible choice for the Seahawks.

Agreed.

Tank for Stroud/Young? lol. Better move Lockett (which is a rumor for sure) and Adams prior... secure all the picks you can lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Tank for Stroud/Young? lol. Better move Lockett (which is a rumor for sure) and Adams prior... secure all the picks you can lol.
I’d wager a large sum of money that Lockett doesn’t get moved.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d wager a large sum of money that Lockett doesn’t get moved.

I'd agree with that solely on the basis that a) Carroll is going to be 71, and b) it's a major cap penalty to do so.

He's already volunteering to catch passes from Kaepercrap.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

So just be absolutely atrocious and hope that the relatively few assets we do have don't want to leave because the team is intentionally sucking?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

NEVER intentionally tank… No offense but I hate that mentality. It does not breed a winning attitude or culture

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just be absolutely atrocious and hope that the relatively few assets we do have don't want to leave because the team is intentionally sucking?

I have never really agreed with tanking for one specific person. It's a poor strategy in my book at least for the NFL. That said, is that what Seattle is doing? I was simply putting it out there and asking the question, not saying we should do that. I also believe Carroll will never do that.... which leads me to, what the fuck is he trying to do? Guess we'll see...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never really agreed with tanking for one specific person. It's a poor strategy in my book at least for the NFL. That said, is that what Seattle is doing? I was simply putting it out there and asking the question, not saying we should do that. I also believe Carroll will never do that.... which leads me to, what the fuck is he trying to do? Guess we'll see...

I don't think PC/JS have any plan to tank in any way. I am highly confident that they believe that they will field a competitive team next season with whatever QB they plan on using. And I bet you that they have convinced themselves that they will make Lock an effective QB.