• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks have given up

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

71 year old coach rebuilding with no QB.

This is absolutely atrocious.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the cry thread?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given up? I don't see it that way.

I said before last season started they should trade Wilson because they aren't going to win anything as long as he's still here.

If Wilson stays here he'll just end up another Aaron Rodgers. Great QB with a bad team around him.

Call me crazy but I'm waaaaay more excited about the Seahawks now. For the past three years I've gone into the season knowing there was no chance at a Super Bowl because the roster just wasn't that good. At least maybe now they get some new talent and build something. Or maybe they won't. We'll see but this is better than sitting around wasting Wilson's talent on constant 10 win seasons with first round playoff exists for the next 5 years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said before last season started they should trade Wilson because they aren't going to win anything as long as he's still here.

If Wilson stays here he'll just end up another Aaron Rodgers. Great QB with a bad team around him.

Call me crazy but I'm waaaaay more excited about the Seahawks now. For the past three years I've gone into the season knowing there was no chance at a Super Bowl because the roster just wasn't that good. At least maybe now they get some new talent and build something. Or maybe they won't. We'll see but this is better than sitting around wasting Wilson's talent on constant 10 win seasons with first round playoff exists for the next 5 years.
Well the silver lining is they have the chance to build the roster up to a much higher level, then ...maybe hit on a QB in 2023 or 2024.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the silver lining is they have the chance to build the roster up to a much higher level, then ...maybe hit on a QB in 2023 or 2024.

What about Ridder in the 2nd?

Talented as fuck. Not that far off from wilson's game.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will amend this a bit as I posted it before I saw the actual haul.

And that haul sucked. Should have gotten waaaaay more for Russ.

But they probably could have if they had traded him at the start of last season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why people constantly give you shit. Because you are just a dick.
b-but you assured us all that Russ made it VERY Clear he wasnt being traded
all the while, behind your back he was demanding a trade and lo and behold, he got it
Russ cares about himself, he doesnt give a fuck about the fans or the city

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the while, behind your back he was demanding a trade and lo and behold, he got it
yeah, I second this

We got a good haul for an aging QB. I'm happy for all parties. Hope we crush Denver next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think that Jody Allen would pick a 71 year old head coach over a Hall of Fame QB. I was wrong.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyalty in sports these days is rare.
On both sides.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyalty in sports these days is rare.
On both sides.
correct, but people on this board truly thought he was all "rah rah seattle lets win three superbowls I dont want to leave"

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Rodgers contract of 4 years, $200 million with $153 million guaranteed forced the Seahawks' hand. They realized that it was going to cost between $45-50 million a year to extend him so they pulled the trigger instead.

The $26 million in dead cap money hurts though. Kicks the rebuild in the nuts right away.

Plus if PC/JS draft more Currys and McDowells than decent players, then we are wholly screwed. Of course we are probably kinda screwed if Drew Lock is our starting QB anyways.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Rodgers contract of 4 years, $200 million with $153 million guaranteed forced the Seahawks' hand. They realized that it was going to cost between $45-50 million a year to extend him so they pulled the trigger instead.

The $26 million in dead cap money hurts though. Kicks the rebuild in the nuts right away.

Plus if PC/JS draft more Currys and McDowells than decent players, then we are wholly screwed. Of course we are probably kinda screwed if Drew Lock is our starting QB anyways.
2022 season is lost but will give us better draft position next season. Maybe be bad enough for a top 3 pick and have a shot at a coveted rookie QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 season is lost but will give us better draft position next season. Maybe be bad enough for a top 3 pick and have a shot at a coveted rookie QB.

Just a reminder of the top 6 QBs drafted in the past 8 years. I'll skip last year as it is too early

Joe Burrow
Tua Taigavoloa
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortles

If you expand it out to top 10 and that does include Mahomes and Josh Allen but also Josh Rosen

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder of the top 6 QBs drafted in the past 8 years. I'll skip last year as it is too early

Joe Burrow
Tua Taigavoloa
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Blake Bortles

If you expand it out to top 10 and that does include Mahomes and Josh Allen but also Josh Rosen
No doubt that it is hard to hit on a QB, but got to try right? I was a bit worried about RW regressing now that he lost his quickness and wasn't a proven pocket passer despite a good arm. I want to try to let things play out and see what happens before becoming depressed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that it is hard to hit on a QB, but got to try right? I was a bit worried about RW regressing now that he lost his quickness and wasn't a proven pocket passer despite a good arm. I want to try to let things play out and see what happens before becoming depressed.

Well we have to try now because we have no choice.