• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024-2025 Season: Progressing Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is frustrating to watch tonight. It seems like the Kraken do JUST enough not to allow a lot of goals. We don't know how to bend but not break yet defensively and Fedotov still does not look comfortable. For such a big goalie, the puck should not be making it's way through his body so often. That and his rebound control is poor. He's perhaps still a step slow. I'm not at all giving up on him, I'm just being real about what I see right now. I would've pulled him after the 4th goal against. I was screaming it at the television. Well, look at what happened. He gave up a 5th goal 8 seconds later. Definitely not all his fault, but he's not making the big stops that Ersson routinely makes to save our bacon.

And so, with a period remaining, the 2-5 deficit looks insurmountable. Our 4th line has both goals (Laughton). Tons of other chances to score, but everything is just a touch off and like I said, Seattle does just enough to not allow a goal. I still hate all of the diving and questionable calls by the referees too. So far, that has definitely gone the way of the home team. Perhaps we can get some calls in the 3rd and make this close, but it doesn't likely at this time.

Looks like Ersson is in net to start the 3rd. No surprise at all. And sure enough, another questionable penalty call on us. They seriously need to start calling the embellishment. It's getting out of control.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We made a valiant effort at a comeback in the 3rd. York sniped one right in the slot and Drysdale sifted one through from the point on the power play, which Michkov got the assist on. Our power play looks good, but there's a lot of beautiful passing and not enough beautiful shooting...Lol Very few shot attempts and then when we get them off, they are often wide or blocked. We obviously need to get better at even strength, but we look dangerous with the man advantage and whenever there's extra space (4v4 or 3v3). Michkov has a lot to do with this change, clearly.

Drysdale showed us the good with our 4th goal in the comeback attempt, but then he made a bad pinch two minutes later, which directly led to a breakaway by Bjorkstrand and he buried it. That basically put the game away, 4-6 for Seattle.

No excuses, but it's difficult to find a flow and get comfortable at even strength when there are 9+ power plays in a game. Some of these refs are getting fooled by veteran players and aren't seeing the diving that's going on. It's unfortunate. Call both or call nothing at all. To some extent, it ruins the game.

Last edited: