• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp opening ….. over / under on days until Coots is announced injured ?
Pshhh. The dude has been dealt a pretty shitty hand over the last several years and I don't think much of it is his own fault. So, let's shit on him again?...Lol

This guy is probably still our best all-around player when he is healthy, so I'm rooting for him to bounce back, and I think he absolutely will. This isn't Ryan Ellis 2.0 and there is no real reason to think that either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign a contract, then don't honor it, you should have to sit out for the remainder of that contract until it's over with no pay.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like Gudas should be retired by now, but at 34, he's not quite as old as I had thought.

Our first preseason game is Sunday afternoon at 3 pm against the local team here in Virginia.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foerster-Couturier-TK
Desnoyers-Laughton-Brink
Deslauries-Poehling-Hathaway

York-Sanheim
Zamula-Ristolainen

In practice this morning. So that leaves something like...

Tippet-Frost-Michkov
Farabee-Cates-??? (Luchanko or Barkey?)

Seeler-Drysdale

As the NHL-ish groupings?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foerster-Couturier-TK
Desnoyers-Laughton-Brink

York-Sanheim
Zamula-Ristolainen

Tippet-Frost-Michkov

Seeler-Drysdale

Lots of depth everywhere, except for in net, because of the Hart/Kolosov mess. Some decent players are going to not dress and some won't even make the roster.

Probably this:

Foerster - Couturier - Konecny
Tippett - Frost - Michkov
Farabee - Laughton - Brink
Cates - Poehling - Hathaway

York - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Zamula - Risto

Ersson - Fedotov

Deslauriers and Johnson not dressed. Ellis and Johansen on IR. Everyone else with the Phantoms or back to whatever league they were playing in.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foerster-Couturier-TK
Desnoyers-Laughton-Brink

York-Sanheim
Zamula-Ristolainen

Tippet-Frost-Michkov

Seeler-Drysdale

I would be very surprised if its Luchanko as he only turned 18 about 3 weeks ago.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got lucky that the game was on the NHL network and i was able to watch.

They really played with their B team but they won the Calder cup last year so most of them will be pros.

Brink was excellent with 2 goals both back hand shots in which 4 of 6 were from the back hand.

Farabee was all over the place in the offensive end

Luchanko played very well with 2 assists. H is way better than i thought he'd be on the defensive side of the puck in the 2 games I've seen him play.

Both goalies looked really solid . Ersson DNP.

We had 2 PP goals Welcome to Philly Matvei Michkov.

Frost played excellent on the offensive end 2 goals and an assist not so much in our own end.

We played without Couts ,TK,Laughton, Foerster and most of our defense

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got lucky that the game was on the NHL network and i was able to watch.

They really played with their B team but they won the Calder cup last year so most of them will be pros.

Brink was excellent with 2 goals both back hand shots in which 4 of 6 were from the back hand.

Farabee was all over the place in the offensive end

Luchanko played very well with 2 assists. H is way better than i thought he'd be on the defensive side of the puck in the 2 games I've seen him play.

Both goalies looked really solid . Ersson DNP.

We had 2 PP goals Welcome to Philly Matvei Michkov.

Frost played excellent on the offensive end 2 goals and an assist not so much in our own end.

We played without Couts ,TK,Laughton, Foerster and most of our defense

Didn't get a chance to watch either preseason game, thanks for the recap! Most of what I read was Brink was fantastic, Frost/Michkov showed some chemistry, and Luchanko was better than expected for a barely 18 year old. All of those things are really good news. I would love to see Luchanko light up the OHL this year.

Got crushed by Montreal last night, but road preseason games typically have a lot of non-NHL guys and that's what the roster looked like to me last night too.

Hoping to catch some of the game on Thursday. Also hoping Michkov plays in it. I want to get a look at this guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to watch either preseason game, thanks for the recap! Most of what I read was Brink was fantastic, Frost/Michkov showed some chemistry, and Luchanko was better than expected for a barely 18 year old. All of those things are really good news. I would love to see Luchanko light up the OHL this year.

Got crushed by Montreal last night, but road preseason games typically have a lot of non-NHL guys and that's what the roster looked like to me last night too.

Hoping to catch some of the game on Thursday. Also hoping Michkov plays in it. I want to get a look at this guy.
Yes we did get crushed last night but it was a second game of a back to back. Why they have back to backs in preseason ill never know.

I didn't see last nights game but from the looks of the box score it was a 1-0 game in the 3rd and that scrub Petersen let in 4 goals on 12 shots.

Nice to see Couts back and play 17 plus minutes.

Also everyone's favorite defenseman is back and it looks like Risto played a pretty good game.