• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, if the Flyers get the 2023-24 first-half version of Sean Couturier for much of this season, they’ll be in decent shape down the middle, with an experienced, two-way center who can help shut down the other team’s top line.

If they get the second-half version of Couturier, who looked a step too slow and was a black hole offensively, that’s going to be a major problem.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we did get crushed last night but it was a second game of a back to back. Why they have back to backs in preseason ill never know.

I didn't see last nights game but from the looks of the box score it was a 1-0 game in the 3rd and that scrub Petersen let in 4 goals on 12 shots.

Nice to see Couts back and play 17 plus minutes.

Also everyone's favorite defenseman is back and it looks like Risto played a pretty good game.
Problem is he'll be hurt/ inactive after about 15-20 games in.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, if the Flyers get the 2023-24 first-half version of Sean Couturier for much of this season, they’ll be in decent shape down the middle, with an experienced, two-way center who can help shut down the other team’s top line.

If they get the second-half version of Couturier, who looked a step too slow and was a black hole offensively, that’s going to be a major problem.
Yeah, I hope he bounces back with just a decent season.
Strong two way play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I watched game 1 and can comment on it later, but wtf happened in game 2? This is why it's preseason, but one of our probably 3-4 squads appeared to dominate and the next seems to have been dominated...Lol

No shame or alarm, it's preseason and most of these guys aren't our Nhl guys, but still. At a quick glance, our players in game 2 appeared to be a whole different crew, aside from maybe Brink. Perhaps Montreal dressed a lot more regulars, idk. That is likely the case, I'm just not looking at it right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hope he bounces back with just a decent season.
Strong two way play.
I don't think he's any fantasy star, but the dude is going to be rock solid all over the ice for us, in my opinion. There's a lot of pressure here, quite frankly. He's now the Captain and highest paid player (technically, still). That said, he's probably just had his best offseason of recovery/training in nearly half a dozen years. The dude is 31 (32 in December), but with around 800 Nhl games played. There should be a good amount of tread left on those tires.

All of that said, a major injury would be especially devastating, obviously. The least we can do is wish the guy all the best. This team could really be something special if he plays the way that I know he can. Sure, some other things have to go right too, but I really like a lot of our youngsters if they continue to grow and take the next step. For guys like Tippett, Farabee, Frost, Cates, Poehling, Zamula, York and Drysdale, it's time to put your big boy pants on and come get the job done this year.

Maybe add Ersson to that list too. He's only 24 and we need him to step up now.

Last edited: