• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024-2025 Season: Progressing Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say send him to the OHL but i have only seen him play 1 regular season game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say send him to the OHL but i have only seen him play 1 regular season game.
I say let him play, he hasn't been any worse than anybody else. Couple rookie mistakes
Really still wondering when Sanheim and York start playing this season?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him play, he hasn't been any worse than anybody else. Couple rookie mistakes
Really still wondering when Sanheim and York start playing this season?
Either way i hope he gets better and better.

I haven't liked what i have been seeing from Drysdale.

So far our best Dman is your buddy Risto.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why we have a 6pm start tonight?
Frozen Frenzy.
I believe all 32 teams play tonight, so they staggered the game times every 15-30'.

Vegas-LA is the last game at 11pm tonight EST.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frozen Frenzy.
I believe all 32 teams play tonight, so they staggered the game times every 15-30'.

Vegas-LA is the last game at 11pm tonight EST.
Thank you. Of course we are one of the teams that dont play at our regular time. :doh:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I don't mind the league doing thing like this.
It's good for the sport and draws attention.
I dont mind it either but it burns me up that a team like the Rags get to start at regular time and we have to start at 6pm.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the start we had hoped for. You have it right, just a bit off everywhere. Is that a low talent thing, getting used to each other thing, or just not at a competitive level ?

Talent IMO. Basically flipped the script from the Giroux/Jake days. Back then they didn’t have a supporting cast, now all they have is a supporting cast. I like TK and Tippet as much as the next guy, but the truth of the matter is they’re not go to guys. They’re support players. Good ones, but you can’t be a contender with them as your best players.

Sign me up for the tank.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think that lack of chemistry is a lot of it, but also, we probably need an elite shooter on this team. Michkov still appears to be a difference maker, fortunately, but a guy like Tippett is way overdue for some goals. Michkov, Frost and Brink can set up guys perfectly all night long, but if their shots go wide, get blocked or ring iron, it doesn't count for shit...Lol We're missing wide open nets, at times.

I mean, a lot of this is just getting the dirty goals before we try to get fancy or snipe corners. Screen the fucking goalie and let it rip. Get deflections, rebounds and get fucking nasty.

Hopefully Seeler returns and brings some steadiness to the defense. At least the guy will block everything he can and show some serious balls.

Can’t blame chemistry too much though. It’s almost the exact same roster and coaching staff as last year. Michkov is new, Luchanko when he plays. Drysdale, though he got some games last year too. The rest is the same crew.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got our ass handed to us tonight for the fourth loss of the season. All that Preseason optimism is fast going down the toilet.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t blame chemistry too much though. It’s almost the exact same roster and coaching staff as last year. Michkov is new, Luchanko when he plays. Drysdale, though he got some games last year too. The rest is the same crew.
It's not so much chemistry as it is rust, being half a step slow or not focusing/bearing down enough to be able to finish, over and over again. We probably could've easily scored the goals necessary to get the W (or at least send to OT) the last two games, but we're not shooting the puck enough. Then, when we do shoot the puck, it's wide, blocked, ringing off iron or hitting the goalie right in the chest. Nothing is truly on target, we're waiting too long to shoot or we're passing it too much. It's extremely frustrating to watch, obviously.

The Caps just strolled on into our building and spanked us. What are we gonna do about it!?! We have them in their building tomorrow night.

At the end of the day, sure, we need an elite center, an elite defenseman and probably an elite shooter yet too (to be in true contention for a Cup). However, we were a good team for the vast majority of last season, and largely with a similar roster. That's why this start is so disappointing.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tank GIF

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played a very slow game. The last two years we were buzzing to every loose puck. We cut time and space from any opposing player who had control of the puck and made a steal or a deflection or a blocked shot.

Last night it looked like we were thinking instead of just going straight at them. We had a much better forecheck the last two seasons.

Even though we didn't play our total game from the last 2 years we still had a shot to tie it up and maybe win and then Drysdale handed them the game.

i know he is only 22 but i dont see all the hype.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts being Torts. Bet the house on him scratching Michkov by Christmas.
You may not like his methods but he has turned us from a joke straight from his first practice to a team who should've made the playoffs last year.

Record 742 -612 is pretty good.