• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024-2025 Season: Progressing Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the FO sent the wrong message to the players in the last draft when they by-passed the best player available for the player they did select in the first round.
Don't know how much these guys care about the draft prospects, but losing a real teammate during the year and then having no way to fill the hole he left couldn't have felt good.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a young team. The Flyers average age is 26.6. Only Buffalo, Montreal, and Utah (so weird to say), are younger. Jett Luchanko is the youngest player in the league at just a hair over 18. They are relatively inexperienced with two rookies, Luchanko and Matvei Michkov, in key roles on the team. This is a group you need to be patient with. They are learning and growing. It may take a while before they click.
I agree with this. Expectations need to be realistic. Happy to see the youngsters on the rosters and am willing to be patient. BUT I don’t like some of the contracts with folks who are going to age out and be anchors around the youngsters as they mature.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously ended up not being enough, but I liked the response in the last game. If we're being real, Frosty should've tied that game at 4 in the 3rd period. He had everyone beat on a wraparound, he just rushed it a bit and lost out. So, that really should've been a four goal deficit overcome and quite possibly a late regulation or OT win in our favor.

That comeback showed me that we're not as far off from the good times of last season as we may have all thought. Now, I'm just concerned that we're going to have a parade of injuries and the entire season then potentially goes in the shitter. York is out two weeks and Konecny is going to play, but missed practice, so he must be banged up, at least.

Serious challenge here in a few minutes on home ice. Minnesota is 5-0-2 and have only given up 14 goals. If we were to find a way to finally win today, I would be impressed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea me too Maverick but you are spot on with the overall team assessment as usual.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have found a line that sticks....

And we have a Sean Couturier sighting!
12 points from TK-Coots-MM

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have found a line that sticks....

And we have a Sean Couturier sighting!
12 points from TK-Coots-MM
Yeah, I don't want to hear shit about Sean Couturier anymore from any of you fuckers...Lol

We needed to get nasty and our captain led the way this afternoon. He started it and he finished it.

3 goals, 2 assists, +5, 5 shots and won 10 of 13 faceoffs

Incredible to get his 500th point in a 7-5 win like this on home ice against a team that had yet to lose in regulation this season. How fucking memorable will this be!?

Now, keep the guy on the top line where he belongs and let's move on. He's the best center that we have and it's not close. Sure, he's not going to score like this very often, but he does everything for this team and Konecny/Michkov are a fine pair of wingers to have alongside him.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real, true fans will come in here after this game, applaud Coots and be proud of the guy.

Everyone else will just try to diminish what he's accomplished or shrug it off like it's just one game and he'll never score another goal.

So tell me, where the fuck do you stand!?

Lasgop, you don't have to answer, because we already know. Fucking troll.

Do you love your team or not!?! Whiny, fucking bitch.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't want to hear shit about Sean Couturier anymore from any of you fuckers...Lol

We needed to get nasty and our captain led the way this afternoon. He started it and he finished it.

3 goals, 2 assists, +5, 5 shots and won 10 of 13 faceoffs

Incredible to get his 500th point in a 7-5 win like this on home ice against a team that had yet to lose in regulation this season. How fucking memorable will this be!?

Now, keep the guy on the top line where he belongs and let's move on. He's the best center that we have and it's not close. Sure, he's not going to score like this very often, but he does everything for this team and Konecny/Michkov are a fine pair of wingers to have alongside him.
With Michkov as a playmaker on the wing, Coots is now more of an 'in front of the net guy'.
His screens have led to some goals that he doesn't get credit for.

And Michkov was on the ice for most of these goals, but only picked up the 1G and 1A.

The defense is still questionable and I'm not sure about our goaltending.
But, what a fun team to watch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real, true fans will come in here after this game, applaud Coots and be proud of the guy.

Everyone else will just try to diminish what he's accomplished or shrug it off like it's just one game and he'll never score another goal.

Easy there, Maverick. Everyone is entitled to their opinions including you.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you seriously sit back and wonder why people don't fuck with you? Get a grip dude, if this is your La Fe`te for the season have at it lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Michkov as a playmaker on the wing, Coots is now more of an 'in front of the net guy'.
His screens have led to some goals that he doesn't get credit for.

And Michkov was on the ice for most of these goals, but only picked up the 1G and 1A.

The defense is still questionable and I'm not sure about our goaltending.
But, what a fun team to watch.
I agree with you, and yes our defense is very suspect which has led more to the bad goal tending IMO. Maybe Michkov will become the premier puck mover because if he keeps up his play, sooner or later the book on him is he can.pass but he can smoke a shot on you to, when defenses know and have to defend against that it opens up lots of room. If Coots is set to be a net crasher I'm all for that, obviously his back problems have slowed him down so if he can assert more power and energy being a net presence I'd prefer that to not being able to keep up with the rush.
Also did I mention Zumula is slowly getting on my
" Why are playing this guy"? List.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player we gave-up on way too soon.

Bob looked so fucking good here.

I just texted Ed Snider. He texted back:

"It’s not that we did not like Bobrovsky. The whole thing was a fiasco. We can't look back. What happened, happened, and here we are.”

I'm so glad he's in charge.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you seriously sit back and wonder why people don't fuck with you? Get a grip dude, if this is your La Fe`te for the season have at it lol.
I don't wonder that at all.

I wonder why certain individuals destroy their own players routinely.

You're either a fan of the team or you aren't. If you're rooting against guys on your own "supposed" team, you're not much of a fan. You would then be a troll or the exact opposite of a fan.

I recognize all of the shit Couturier has been through over the years and commend him on that performance, like a true fan should. Hopefully there's a lot more where that came from too. That fucking dude has been through hell across several years and some people want to constantly shit all over him for it. Not me. Congrats on 500 and keep leading this young squad!!