• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024-2025 Season: Progressing Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there, Maverick. Everyone is entitled to their opinions including you.
No problem at all. He made several snide remarks about our captain and I called him out on it. Fair game.

Again, if he's rooting against Coots and claims to be a Flyers fan, those two things don't really mix.

Or, perhaps I missed the memo where we're all rooting against the franchise for the entire season so that they may potentially be even better in the distant future compared to the present and near future...Lol

I'd rather Edmonton and Colorado stumble a bit instead. So far, so good on that one.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the real fans that are here in attendance, there's another game tonight in Philly at 7 pm. The opponent is much lesser (3-4-1 Montreal), but I don't sense that we'll be taking our collective foot off of the gas. I think Michkov, despite his age and lack of experience, brings another level of competitive fire to this team and I look forward to watching that permeate the squad throughout the season. If that helps win him the Calder and lead us back to the playoffs, I'll take that too. The rookie is definitely getting heckled by some opponents, but he is handling it well and not backing down one bit. It's refreshing to watch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, Maverick. Just a courtesy reminder as part of my moderator functions. Calling-out is permissible.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the real fans that are here in attendance, there's another game tonight in Philly at 7 pm. The opponent is much lesser (3-4-1 Montreal), but I don't sense that we'll be taking our collective foot off of the gas. I think Michkov, despite his age and lack of experience, brings another level of competitive fire to this team and I look forward to watching that permeate the squad throughout the season. If that helps win him the Calder and lead us back to the playoffs, I'll take that too. The rookie is definitely getting heckled by some opponents, but he is handling it well and not backing down one bit. It's refreshing to watch.
I agree, Maverick. Michkov is really a type of player we need more of and I am quite sure he will be a spark that this team disparately needs to get past the shithole this franchise has been for nearly two decades. I believe Torts and Briere will get more guys like him (I hope) because of his talent and fire!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Maverick. Michkov is really a type of player we need more of and I am quite sure he will be a spark that this team disparately needs to get past the shithole this franchise has been for nearly two decades. I believe Torts and Briere will get more guys like him (I hope) because of his talent and fire!!
Also, I'm really not concerned about our 2025 1st round pick and whether it's 2nd overall or 20th overall. A huge part of building this franchise into a legitimate contender is finally making the playoffs again and getting our feet wet in the postseason. At some point, you have to become winners. The experience to the youth movement that it brings will be invaluable.

Furthermore, we just have to do our homework and draft well with the picks that we do have. There are late gems in every draft, truly.

At the risk of sounding like I agree with Lasgop about anything, yes, a team can still sneak into the playoffs and win a Cup. It's very unlikely that it would be such a young squad or us, but you make the big dance and then roll the dice. The games have to be played, one way or another. Nobody really knows who is going to win it all.

So, at the end of the day, I'd love to just see this team grow, come together and start climbing the standings throughout the season.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem at all. He made several snide remarks about our captain and I called him out on it. Fair game.

Again, if he's rooting against Coots and claims to be a Flyers fan, those two things don't really mix.

Or, perhaps I missed the memo where we're all rooting against the franchise for the entire season so that they may potentially be even better in the distant future compared to the present and near future...Lol

I'd rather Edmonton and Colorado stumble a bit instead. So far, so good on that one.
The further we get into the season without Coots re-injuring his back, the more I’m convinced he has healed. It’s good to finally see it.

And Michov needs to keep playing with youthful enthusiasm. I swear the Flyers of Hextall and WTFC sucked the life out of our players.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wish I knew why Delarius was in this line up. Dude is absolutely nothing but a fighter. Torts needs to pull his head out of his ass on the Brink situation. Kid is more sound then Farbee and Frost, yet.....

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Ristolinan not lay out to block that caulfield goal? He tiptoed out of the way like a prima Donna and could have easily blocked it. Please, please, please someone take him at the deadline!!!!!