• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Grill adding Trout and Angel Food Cake to the menu: LAA @ TEX 5/16-18

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seem like Cole, Snyder, Crim Lee and Church are too low on this list. All these are likely productive MLB players
There are some pitchers he has above Ragans that makes me scratch my head.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relievers always seem to be underappreciated in these lists for some reason.
Ok I am just thinking which guys look they can be assets to the club. So yes I agree that this is a flaw in this list

Also since Newbergs move to the Athletic IMO he is far less maverick and more politically correct.

No sportswriter is addressing Semiens gravelike start. This is where the east coast has us IMO.
Some of the tirades are unjustified but there is at least some balance. Just my perhaps ignorant take

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am just thinking which guys look they can be assets to the club. So yes I agree that this is a flaw in this list

Also since Newbergs move to the Athletic IMO he is far less maverick and more politically correct.

No sportswriter is addressing Semiens gravelike start. This is where the east coast has us IMO.
Some of the tirades are unjustified but there is at least some balance. Just my perhaps ignorant take
I think some of the guys who do these lists have developed some fundamental differences, compared to me and some others, about how they value players. They are also probably guilty of some group-think.

You used the word "maverick." There just aren't many of those. To me the closest thing we have to a maverick is Jeff Wilson.

Those fundamental differences is one reason I am not fully into the new so-called advanced stats. Some of them are formulas that give certain weight to certain aspects and stats, and I may not necessarily agree with the weight they give each aspect of the game. To me, WAR is a stat based on theories, so I don't hold it in nearly as high esteem as many others do. Group-think has caused a whole lot of folks to treat it as if it is the single best way to judge players. It is simply a way to compare players based on several theories as to what makes a player a good player. The fact that it involves a whole lot of math impresses a lot of folks I guess.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Semien has not found the answer to his dilimma by the ASB, it may be a difficult time for the FO. Some how justifying his cotract will have to be addressed. For the sake of the team, hopefully he will snap out of it and save the day.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Semien has not found the answer to his dilimma by the ASB, it may be a difficult time for the FO. Some how justifying his cotract will have to be addressed. For the sake of the team, hopefully he will snap out of it and save the day.
To me the first step is a frank discussion with head coach moving him down in order temporarily until he figures it out.
Th problem is we really do not have viable option unless we move Seager to 2. Maybe Adolis

We are just a bad offensive team overall

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the first step is a frank discussion with head coach moving him down in order temporarily until he figures it out.
Th problem is we really do not have viable option unless we move Seager to 2. Maybe Adolis

We are just a bad offense I’ve team overall

this season is really strange. The Rangers don't have great statistics, but somehow are 7th in the AL in run differential.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the guys who do these lists have developed some fundamental differences, compared to me and some others, about how they value players. They are also probably guilty of some group-think.

You used the word "maverick." There just aren't many of those. To me the closest thing we have to a maverick is Jeff Wilson.

Those fundamental differences is one reason I am not fully into the new so-called advanced stats. Some of them are formulas that give certain weight to certain aspects and stats, and I may not necessarily agree with the weight they give each aspect of the game. To me, WAR is a stat based on theories, so I don't hold it in nearly as high esteem as many others do. Group-think has caused a whole lot of folks to treat it as if it is the single best way to judge players. It is simply a way to compare players based on several theories as to what makes a player a good player. The fact that it involves a whole lot of math impresses a lot of folks I guess.
Journalists are quick to say they are unbiased but to me they are connected to the club and players for data so it is vested

That is why forums such as this give a personal point of view We are not privy to insider info but there is no external force that threatens our job unless we print certain things

Of course the broadcast minus Nadel is glaringly bias and hard to stomach for me

Maybe it’s me to some degree

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season is really strange. The Rangers don't have great statistics, but somehow are 7th in the AL in run differential.
Ranges do capitalize for some wins and pitching is better than expected but is not the batting overall average wise one of the worst.
Did you see the contrast of the angels and now Astros lineup and even Yankees
They did not so well against th BoSox and gave them momentum

I agree though with crazy

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to compare Odor and Semien. Odor's career slugging while with us was ever so slightly higher than Semien's career slugging number. Career-wise, Odor currently has 2 more HR than Semien with about 600 fewer plate appearances.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to compare Odor and Semien. Odor's career slugging while with us was ever so slightly higher than Semien's career slugging number. Career-wise, Odor currently has 2 more HR than Semien with about 600 fewer plate appearances.

Semien with a career WAR of 28.6. Odor at 6.2.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semien being part of the players union, pushing for bigger pay for the players, isn’t doing the players any favors as far as long term heavy contracts go.