• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Grill adding Trout and Angel Food Cake to the menu: LAA @ TEX 5/16-18

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers finish up their homestand with 3 against the Halos. This one has the potential to get really ugly, as LAA is a strong team this year with a healthy Trout, Ohtani lighting things up, and solid pitching. They are tied with HOU for 1st in the ALW. The Rangers sit in 4th, sandwiched between SEA and OAK.

Serving up the baseballs this series will be Gray, Hearn, and Dunning. Gray looks to get through a start without getting (more) hurt, Hearn hopefully keeps the ball in the yard, and Dunning will be squaring off against Ohtani on Wednesday. 7:00 start times all series.

As for the hitting half, El Bombi and King Kole went HAM yesterday to salvage a game against BOS. Semien and Seager are still struggling. Heim has cooled off a bit, joining just about everyone else in the lineup.

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers finish up their homestand with 3 against the Halos. This one has the potential to get really ugly, as LAA is a strong team this year with a healthy Trout, Ohtani lighting things up, and solid pitching. They are tied with HOU for 1st in the ALW. The Rangers sit in 4th, sandwiched between SEA and OAK.

Serving up the baseballs this series will be Gray, Hearn, and Dunning. Gray looks to get through a start without getting (more) hurt, Hearn hopefully keeps the ball in the yard, and Dunning will be squaring off against Ohtani on Wednesday. 7:00 start times all series.

As for the hitting half, El Bombi and King Kole went HAM yesterday to salvage a game against BOS. Semien and Seager are still struggling. Heim has cooled off a bit, joining just about everyone else in the lineup.
hope the pitching holds up

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In nine weeks the draft will be here and the All Star break will be here. I wonder what that timeperiod holds for this team.

I would like to see us trade for a competitive balance pick and then really nail our first three picks. I think we did a poor job last year in rounds two, three, and four. That and the Gibson/Kennedy/Crouse trade put a temporary damper on the rebuild.

I wonder who will be traded. Can we package a veteran with a couple of prospects and get a higher quality prospect in return?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In nine weeks the draft will be here and the All Star break will be here. I wonder what that timeperiod holds for this team.

I would like to see us trade for a competitive balance pick and then really nail our first three picks. I think we did a poor job last year in rounds two, three, and four. That and the Gibson/Kennedy/Crouse trade put a temporary damper on the rebuild.

I wonder who will be traded. Can we package a veteran with a couple of prospects and get a higher quality prospect in return?

My preference at the moment is to keep Perez and not trade him. A) I'm pretty confident he's turned the corner in his career B) This is where he wants to be C) Still young enough that he should have several years ahead of him D) Scared that we'd trade him for another handful of magic beans

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preference at the moment is to keep Perez and not trade him. A) I'm pretty confident he's turned the corner in his career B) This is where he wants to be C) Still young enough that he should have several years ahead of him D) Scared that we'd trade him for another handful of magic beans
To me, it would definitely depend on what we could get for him, but I am definitely not moving him just to be moving him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If trading Perez is even an option, then I think we might get a bigger return for him after the season because it gives him longer to prove himself.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it would definitely depend on what we could get for him, but I am definitely not moving him just to be moving him.

what we CAN get for him and what we DO get for him are two different concepts, and the FO will have to go a long way to get past the blunder of the Spencer Howard trade, in my opinion.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m hoping for a comp pick trade too lol
Zavala is leading the S. Atlantic Legaue in BB. Had more walks than strikeouts and has the power to punish pitcher if they decide to attack the strike zone on him. Cam Cauley and Ian Moller are definitely projects but maybe they’re guys that would have gone in the first round had they gone to college for a few years. Here’s to hoping lol.. really looking forward to see how those 2 look come 2024.

They did horrible with the Kennedy/Gibson trade for sure. Could have definitely got more imo

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If trading Perez is even an option, then I think we might get a bigger return for him after the season because it gives him longer to prove himself.

Does Perez have an option year on his contract?
I thought it was a 1 year deal

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice write up! Going to be a tough series

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Adolis Garcia was an All-Star last season after a terrific first half, one that made him a favorite to be American League Rookie of the Year.

His second half wasn't nearly as good, and it dropped him to fourth in the rookie balloting.

The Texas Rangers believed then, and still do, that a more patient Garcia could be more like the player he was in the first half.

And, by golly, he has tried.

Success, though, was missing. Frustration, it now seems, was high.

So, Garcia was given the day off Saturday and given an audience with manager Chris Woodward and Rangers hitting coaches. Garcia was reminded how good he can be, that he's his best when he's running wild and free, and the decision was made that he would be more aggressive at the plate.

Some stallions just can't be tamed.

Garcia swatted two home runs Sunday and matched his career-high with five RBIs as the Rangers avoided a three-game sweep to the Boston Red Sox with a 7-1 victory.

Kole Calhoun also hit two home runs, both solo shots, and Martin Perez allowed one run in six innings for his fifth straight quality start.

Marcus Semien had a double to snap and 0-for-27 skid.

The Rangers need him to get going, for sure, but they need Garcia, too. They may have unlocked his swing by unlocking his mind.

"We talked, and we wanted to make sure we were all on the same page and program that I was doing last year," Garcia said. "That's what helped me. I got away from being aggressive and was trying to see more pitches, but I went back to being more aggressive and taking advantage of the pitches I was used to hitting."

He came up big again late, as he did last season. His first homer was a three-run shot in the sixth that snapped a 1-1 tie, and his two-run homer in the eighth put the game away.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers need him to get going, for sure, but they need Garcia, too. They may have unlocked his swing by unlocking his mind.

"We talked, and we wanted to make sure we were all on the same page and program that I was doing last year," Garcia said. "That's what helped me. I got away from being aggressive and was trying to see more pitches, but I went back to being more aggressive and taking advantage of the pitches I was used to hitting."
This is what I was afraid was his problem. I worried about this back on Spring Training.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Perez have an option year on his contract?
I thought it was a 1 year deal
You are exactly right. I was thinking it was a two year deal. Then forget what I said previously. He either gets traded in July or we won't be trading him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping for a comp pick trade too lol
Zavala is leading the S. Atlantic Legaue in BB. Had more walks than strikeouts and has the power to punish pitcher if they decide to attack the strike zone on him. Cam Cauley and Ian Moller are definitely projects but maybe they’re guys that would have gone in the first round had they gone to college for a few years. Here’s to hoping lol.. really looking forward to see how those 2 look come 2024.

They did horrible with the Kennedy/Gibson trade for sure. Could have definitely got more imo
I would have had no problem drafting Zavala in the third round.

The high walk totals never impress me by themselves.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals have fired their hitting coach. Their overall statistics are a tick above ours.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals have fired their hitting coach. Their overall statistics are a tick above ours.
i have figured out exactly what the hitting instructor is supposed to physically do to make a hitter a better hitter. they can say do this or do that but if the hitter doesn't do either who's at fault the hitter or the instructor?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have figured out exactly what the hitting instructor is supposed to physically do to make a hitter a better hitter. they can say do this or do that but if the hitter doesn't do either who's at fault the hitter or the instructor?

This guy:

youre out jeff banister GIF by MLB