• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Grill serves up some clam chowder this weekend: BOS @ TEX 5/13-15

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I am the only one on board who has not nailed the door shut on him.
I definitely haven't done that. I think he has more All Star appearances left in his career.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. I am not saying most likely on Gallo. But it is a mistake to write him off 100%
Would not resign him based upon a wish obviously. Always good to keep options open

Perhaps I am the only one on board who has not nailed the door shut on him. We shall see. Regardless something needs to change with him

I for one do not think it impossible
i agree with you on this. but it would require that he recognizes that he needs to make fundamental changes to his approach and until he does it remains an impossibility

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Gallo
Mechanically he should shorten his swing
Modify his 2 strike approach. Square up more vs be strictly a pull hitter. Work harder on pitch recognition (more than balls and strike issues)

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Gallo
Mechanically he should shorten his swing
Modify his 2 strike approach. Square up more vs be strictly a pull hitter. Work harder on pitch recognition (more than balls and strike issues)
Why did you not let Woody know? lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hamiltonesque?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my two cents here:

Gallo is a talented player, yes. He could end up having a decent career. But he's not a "freakish athlete" like Hamilton. Neither is El Bombi. Hamilton was a unicorn. He's one of those guys that would get called up if there was a league above MLB, and people knew that about him when he was in high school. That was saddles point, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think anyone is writing Gallo off, at least I'm not. I just don't want him to be the cornerstone of the Rangers while we sit and wait to see if he can improve his game the way it needs to. But at no point has he ever been a "generational" talent like Josh was.
Gallo has needed to make a change for a long time.
my two cents here:

Gallo is a talented player, yes. He could end up having a decent career. But he's not a "freakish athlete" like Hamilton. Neither is El Bombi. Hamilton was a unicorn. He's one of those guys that would get called up if there was a league above MLB, and people knew that about him when he was in high school. That was saddles point, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think anyone is writing Gallo off, at least I'm not. I just don't want him to be the cornerstone of the Rangers while we sit and wait to see if he can improve his game the way it needs to. But at no point has he ever been a "generational" talent like Josh was.
Gallo has needed to make a change for a long time. But he refuses to do so. Until you change his attitude of I don’t get paid to get on base, I get paid to drive in runs. Nothing will change. He had a chance to stay here but him and his agent Boras turned down the extension. You know Boras is going to want around 30 million a year. I think it’s ridiculous that other teams give him the left side of the field and he doesn’t even try to go that way.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo has needed to make a change for a long time.

Gallo has needed to make a change for a long time. But he refuses to do so. Until you change his attitude of I don’t get paid to get on base, I get paid to drive in runs. Nothing will change. He had a chance to stay here but him and his agent Boras turned down the extension. You know Boras is going to want around 30 million a year. I think it’s ridiculous that other teams give him the left side of the field and he doesn’t even try to go that way.
30 million is a pipe dream and he might let go of Boras. At this rate he is south of 10 million unless he sustains and still stand he must make some changes for him to reach anywhere near potential. I get he has had plenty of chances
Just still see something in him and is a shame he has not gotten there as of yet