• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First AL West showdown of the year bring the Halos to the Grill: LAA @ TEX 4/14-17

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m definitely past the “ other offenses are good” excuse and now I’m on to……. The pitching just sucks.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m definitely past the “ other offenses are good” excuse and now I’m on to……. The pitching just sucks.
yep we did rnough as far as the offense was concerned but we did zip.shit to the pitching and it shows.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Martin wasn't able to go 5, and the Rangers still have had a SP go at least 5 only once, I decided to see how that compared to the rest of the league. Surprisingly, the majority of the games played so far, the SP hasn't gone 5. It's a mixture of using a starter, pitch counts getting too high, or just flat out getting shellacked.

SD, NYM, and ATL lead the way with 8 games where the SP went 5. TEX and PIT are the only teams with only one instance of it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think we have 3 options that are better for the rotation than Perez and Howard. Burke, Alexy, and Otto. Latz could very well be a 4th option.

I understand that they don't want to appear to be making a change too quickly, but for those of us who never wanted Perez or Howard in the rotation to begin with, it is hard to be patient.

The only thing that keeps this from driving me crazy is that it isn't costing a chance in the postseason or anything. It does give me concern about bigger and more important decisions being made by these same decision makers when it does matter a lot more.

The big picture is that our future rotation will have to include Gray and most likely will be headlined by Winn, Leiter and White. That really only leaves one spot for someone from the following groups:

guys who have pitched for us this year; those I have mentioned as better options; every other pitching prospect; and the next 2 years of free agents.

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think we have 3 options that are better for the rotation than Perez and Howard. Burke, Alexy, and Otto. Latz could very well be a 4th option.

I understand that they don't want to appear to be making a change too quickly, but for those of us who never wanted Perez or Howard in the rotation to begin with, it is hard to be patient.

The only thing that keeps this from driving me crazy is that it isn't costing a chance in the postseason or anything. It does give me concern about bigger and more important decisions being made by these same decision makers when it does matter a lot more.

The big picture is that our future rotation will have to include Gray and most likely will be headlined by Winn, Leiter and White. That really only leaves one spot for someone from the following groups:

guys who have pitched for us this year; those I have mentioned as better options; every other pitching prospect; and the next 2 years of free agents.
does that address the non-existent bullpen

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i see next year we go with Gray Hearn, Dunning, O. White & Winn but it doesn't really matter if the FO doesn't address the bullpen because right now it sucks so bad that no starter is going to help

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed todays game. Sounds like more of the same.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round Rock with a couple of relievers throwing 4 shutout innings combined while only giving up 1 hit and striking out 9. The big league club sure could use something like that.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rather let our MLB pitchers fail than bring home guys they need further development l.
Just let them fail and make your tweaks at the break

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather let our MLB pitchers fail than bring home guys they need further development l.
Just let them fail and make your tweaks at the break
I feel that way about most of the prospects, but Burke, Alexy, Otto and Latz are not in that same category to me. It just never made sense to choose Perez or Howard over them.

They need to keep guys like Winn, Kent, and others in the minors for now, but those other four have already pitched in the majors and they were better choices than what they went with. That is, unless they are trying to lose games this year in order to draft higher. I don't think that is the case though; I think it is simply a case of bad decision making.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, but probably just a small sample size aberration.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers off to worst start since 2007. The next 10 games they went 8-2 and finished 80-82.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers off to worst start since 2007. The next 10 games they went 8-2 and finished 80-82.
That 2007 team was a pretty good team. The lineup and bullpen were very good, but the rotation was suspect.