• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some bad takes on this board (like calling Mahomes glass jawed because he got a concussion) but comparing Mooney to Hill really isn't bad at all.

He's not as quick...but Mooney is already a phenomenal route runner. He's got a ton of skill.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We interviewed Singletary for DC. I mean, I dare not hate on Samurai Mike...and I guess he couldn't be any worse than Pagano. Talent is still there no matter who it is. But I dunno...

This is a head-turning move, even if not acted upon, to me....Maybe they're trying to garner some goodwill after this disaster of a season (and postseason so far)?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some bad takes on this board (like calling Mahomes glass jawed because he got a concussion) but comparing Mooney to Hill really isn't bad at all.

He's not as quick...but Mooney is already a phenomenal route runner. He's got a ton of skill.
I appreciate that you interpreted precisely what I was trying to get at. I would never declare Mooney as the next coming of Hill. But I thought what he brings to the table does mirror what Hill has brought, even if it's just to a lighter extent. Mahomes would have no problem whatsoever with a Darnell Mooney as one of his receivers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason balogna I know...but...

We know this Watson thing isn't going to happen...but if if did, would NagyWatson work?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I like the presser that the Lions new HC gave:

Got a hoot out of this paragraph:

"Here's what I do know. This team is going to take on the identity of this city, and this city has been down and it found a way to get up. It's found a way to overcome adversity, right? So this team is going to be built on, we're going to kick you in the teeth, right? And when you punch us back, we're going to smile at you. And when you knock us down, we're going to get up and on the way up, we're going to bite a kneecap off. All right? And we're going to stand up and it's going to take two more shots to knock us down. And on the way up, we're going to take your other kneecap and we're going to get up and it's going to take three shots to get us down. And when we do, we're going to take another hunk out of you."

How can you not like a guy who says he'll bite off your kneecap!! Not that I think the Lions are suddenly going to rise from the ashes. And if Stafford is anything less than 100% next year and all season long at that, then the Lions could easily end up back in the bottom 5. But at least they'll all have their kneecaps.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I like the presser that the Lions new HC gave:

Got a hoot out of this paragraph:

"Here's what I do know. This team is going to take on the identity of this city, and this city has been down and it found a way to get up. It's found a way to overcome adversity, right? So this team is going to be built on, we're going to kick you in the teeth, right? And when you punch us back, we're going to smile at you. And when you knock us down, we're going to get up and on the way up, we're going to bite a kneecap off. All right? And we're going to stand up and it's going to take two more shots to knock us down. And on the way up, we're going to take your other kneecap and we're going to get up and it's going to take three shots to get us down. And when we do, we're going to take another hunk out of you."

How can you not like a guy who says he'll bite off your kneecap!! Not that I think the Lions are suddenly going to rise from the ashes. And if Stafford is anything less than 100% next year and all season long at that, then the Lions could easily end up back in the bottom 5. But at least they'll all have their kneecaps.

I wish I could get paid millions to just meme the hell out of the media too.

It's funny...but it'll be in "just looks stupid" territory a la Club Dub if he sucks ass...and it's the Lions...So I salute him and pray for his family and future.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk draft all day, free agency all day, and how we can improve our team's chances to compete next year. But for the immediate future, it's all going to be dwarfed by the Allen Robinson saga:

Doesn't matter on which side of the argument we Bear diehards line up. This is going to be the 900lb gorilla in the room until it gets resolved, one way or the other.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna take a brief moment to LOL at the Packers..
ray liotta laughing GIF

There...good day.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite team: Da Bearssss
2nd favorite: Any team who beats the Packers

Tom Brady did us a solid yesterday. That comparison graphic between his Super Bowl era accomplishments vs. 3!!! HOF Packer QB's in total was just video game level...

...but the moment that game ended I was on the Buffalo train. Now that Buffalo is out (sad story) I'm back on the Brady train because:

(A) he did us a solid beating the Pack
(B) KC won last year and Tampa isn't some type of juggernaut that you want to see lose even if they've won one in my lifetime, and
(C) it would be hilarious to watch the mental exercises being strung out by New England mediots/fans/management/coaching that actually think dropping the best QB in history was a good idea. (Very similar to the mental exercises being strung out by Packer mediots/fans/management/coaching that think that FG last night wasn't the dumbest f*cking call since Marty took the wind)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for KC. I love Mahomes. Can't stand Brady. Great job knocking out the Pack though. Mahomes will go down as the greatest of them all and shatter all of Brady's record.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Jay Glazer is reporting us to be big players in the QB market...whatever that means.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some potential free agents for the Bears to consider signing:

But the main reason for this post is the reference to the Bears possibly losing Kyle Fuller. I apologize in advance if this was already well known, but honestly this is the first I'm hearing of this. Are we in danger of losing our #1 CB? As far as I know, he still has a couple of years left on his contract or perhaps he's about to enter the RFA stage where we still have some retaining rights. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you all missed it, Sean Desai was named DC. He was promoted up from DB coach. He's a Fangio guy, not a Pagano guy. Fangio wanted to bring him with to Denver but the Bears rejected that request. Behind Donatell, Desai was Fangio's go-to guy. IMO, this is good news. Fangio had a lot more success with the defense than Pagano did and Desai figures to bring more of Fangio's system back. Hopefully this helps bring Eddie Jackson back from the dead.

Also, Desai's nickname is "Doc" because he has a PhD.

Chicago Bears promote Sean Desai to defensive coordinator | WTOP

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you all missed it, Sean Desai was named DC. He was promoted up from DB coach. He's a Fangio guy, not a Pagano guy. Fangio wanted to bring him with to Denver but the Bears rejected that request. Behind Donatell, Desai was Fangio's go-to guy. IMO, this is good news. Fangio had a lot more success with the defense than Pagano did and Desai figures to bring more of Fangio's system back. Hopefully this helps bring Eddie Jackson back from the dead.

The funny thing is, when Pagano was hired, he supposedly had the reputation of being more aggressive than Fangio, as in more blitzing and such. Instead, Pagano turned out to be the second coming of Greg "Bend But Don't Break" Blache.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah yeah yeah...As always I'll wait until I see the product on the field. They fluffed the hell out of Mel Tucker too. None of this "He was this guy's this and that and blah blah blah" means much to me.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, when Pagano was hired, he supposedly had the reputation of being more aggressive than Fangio, as in more blitzing and such. Instead, Pagano turned out to be the second coming of Greg "Bend But Don't Break" Blache.
Definitely.

Yeah yeah yeah...As always I'll wait until I see the product on the field. They fluffed the hell out of Mel Tucker too. None of this "He was this guy's this and that and blah blah blah" means much to me.
I haven't seen much fluffing, other than people saying Desai is a good/smart guy. The players seem to love him. I'm just happy we've got a guy there who might be able to channel some of the success that Fangio had with the defense compared to Pagano who's way of doing things seemed to minimize everyone on the defense other than Roquan Smith and maybe the corners.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely.

I haven't seen much fluffing, other than people saying Desai is a good/smart guy. The players seem to love him. I'm just happy we've got a guy there who might be able to channel some of the success that Fangio had with the defense compared to Pagano who's way of doing things seemed to minimize everyone on the defense other than Roquan Smith and maybe the corners.

Did you just say there wasn't much fluffing and then, literally, with the next 16 words, fluff him with "good" "smart" and "love"???

I will go in like I do with every player/coach...Open mind and hopeful...See what happens from there.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna take a brief moment to LOL at the Packers..
ray liotta laughing GIF

There...good day.

My sentiments exactly.....

Gotta love the decision for a fg on 4th down rather than try to get that IN DEMAND TD......

Lol at LaFleurs dumb call,that was Nagyesque.....