• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Kansas game yesterday. I came to the funny conclusion, it was probably a good thing the Bears did not draft Mahomes. With his glass jaw and our O line, he would have been in IR constantly.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct... The Bears had the hardest strength of schedule so they would have picked last of the 5-11 teams in that scenario.
Thanks for clearing that up. So even if we tanked the rest of the season, we still would have ended up with no better than the 10th pick. Oh yeah, I can see how that would immediately turn our fortunes around. Shit, we blew it, we could have been a SB winner, but now we'll be at best an average team. :stooges:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Kansas game yesterday. I came to the funny conclusion, it was probably a good thing the Bears did not draft Mahomes. With his glass jaw and our O line, he would have been in IR constantly.

or

with our defense would have won the Super Bowl

but you want to sleep well at night..

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or

with our defense would have won the Super Bowl

but you want to sleep well at night..
Oh, for sure, don't get me wrong. Re draft that draft Mahomes, knowing what everyone knows now, is taken #1 overall.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 no.1s and a player is all I would give up for Watson........No reason to give up a 3rd....
We have to draft someone anyways at no.1,Watson may as well as be said player.......So in reality,wed just give up a no.1 for him.....

And as for the player,Mack would be my choice.....Get somerhing for him now while he stilll has some value.....
Another decline in his play next season with that monster contract he gets,we wont be getting anything for him.......

And the plus side that should free up some cash for fa.....

But.....he wont be coming here.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That so-callled glass jaw got the a DB.....And whos to say they wont be doing it again.....
He also fell in the right situation......Kelce,Watkins and Tyreke are awesome wrs to have on yourside.....
So who knows what he would have done here.....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That so-callled glass jaw got the a DB.....And whos to say they wont be doing it again.....
He also fell in the right situation......Kelce,Watkins and Tyreke are awesome wrs to have on yourside.....
So who knows what he would have done here.....
This stuff needs to stop. We don’t even need to get into the playoff success, w/l, and insane touchdown numbers. This dude has more passing yards in a single season every single season he was an opening day starter for the first 3 years to date than any qb in our franchise history...and two of those 3 years he was OUT for multiple games.

He wouldn’t just all of a sudden suck out of nowhere. The dude is out of this world good.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff needs to stop. We don’t even need to get into the playoff success, w/l, and insane touchdown numbers. This dude has more passing yards in a single season every single season he was an opening day starter for the first 3 years to date than any qb in our franchise history...and two of those 3 years he was OUT for multiple games.

He wouldn’t just all of a sudden suck out of nowhere. The dude is out of this world good.

The guy is a baller.....I will not dispute that.....Mahomes is off to a HOF career and will soon be a top 10 qb of alltime.......
Would he of excellled here.....I would tend to think so,but I dont think the way hes playing now.....
With A-Rob as probably thee only exception,we have not had the type of wrs needed for him to excel.....
Who have we had to be Tyreke or Travis Kelce......
Not too even mention the oline.....

But I will say this......Even with the players we have on offense,Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson both would be miles ahead of Trubisky........FACT

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a baller.....I will not dispute that.....Mahomes is off to a HOF career and will soon be a top 10 qb of alltime.......
Would he of excellled here.....I would tend to think so,but I dont think the way hes playing now.....
With A-Rob as probably thee only exception,we have not had the type of wrs needed for him to excel.....
Who have we had to be Tyreke or Travis Kelce......
Not too even mention the oline.....

But I will say this......Even with the players we have on offense,Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson both would be miles ahead of Trubisky........FACT
I highlighted that one sentence because I think Mooney would be the perfect WR for Mahomes. Tyreek Hill Lite.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define irony: The guy who calls everyone on the board idiots makes the most idiotic statement a sports fan can make.

Thread recap:

* Mooney is Tyreek hill lite
* Any hint suggesting Mahomes wouldn't have been successful here for whatever stupid reasons
* Giving up 2 #1 for Watson PLUS Mack lol
* You not knowing what "irony" means

But I'm the idiot (rolls eyes)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread recap:

* Any hint suggesting Mahomes wouldn't have been successful here for whatever stupid reasons

I can't speak for the other bullets you posted, but it's not ridiculous to refer to Mooney as Hill Lite (with a key word being LITE). No one, including me, is stating he's the next Hill, only that his physical traits and football IQ at least mimic Hill to a degree - maybe a small degree, but a degree nonetheless.

As for not knowing what irony means, let me one more time define it for you: A person who calls everyone on this board idiots makes the most idiotic statement a sports fan can make. If you don't find that statement ironic, then you don't know what the definition of irony is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highlighted that one sentence because I think Mooney would be the perfect WR for Mahomes. Tyreek Hill Lite.

Right now,I just dont see Mooney in Tyrekes shoes........
Nowhere near is Kmet Kelce...
Montgomery is Helaire
Miller is no Watkins
Our oline is a joke....KCs is not
Coaching staff for KC is heads n shoulders above ours......

MaHomes would be good here,just not great.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread recap:

No,its not outta this world.....Macks prime I believe has passed him by......
Get what you can get for him.....

But Watson wont be coming here anyways,so rhe point is pretty much moot....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now,I just dont see Mooney in Tyrekes shoes........
Never said he'd fill Hill's shoes, which is why I referred to Mooney as Hill Lite. But they do share similar features.

-Both are smallish - Hill, 5'10, 185.....Mooney, 5'10, 176
-Both are fast - Hill's Combine 40 time: 4.29 secs, Mooney's 4.38
-Both are versatile in their usage in lining up outside, in the slot, end arounds, etc.
-Both run disciplined patterns in their routes.
Hill's rookie numbers: 61 receptions/593 yds/6 TDs
Mooney's rookie numbers: 61 receptions/631 yds/4 TDs

Obviously we can't argue the similarities in their descriptions and rookie productivity. And Hill had a huge advantage in his rookie year by having Alex Smith as his QB. Now despite these similarities, I still used the term Hill Lite because it will be almost impossible for Mooney to make the same jump in productivity in his upcoming sophomore year than Hill did in his. My whole point to begin with was to take issue with your claim that only ARob would have allowed Mahomes to excel in our pathetic offense, when we have a kid who carries many of the traits and styles of Mahomes' primary wideout.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand how the compensation picks thing works, but as far as the '21 draft goes, but as it stands now, it looks like the Bears won't be getting as many as originally expected:

Still, I can't help but chuckle that we could end up with a comp 6th for Chase Daniels. The gift who keeps on giving.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a breakdown of the grades given by Adam Hoge to the Bears starters on both sides of the ball, complete with grade value and color chart.

All in all I think it was relatively fair, altho some grades were lower than what I would have expected. I thought he was particularly harsh in the grades given to Trevathan, Skrine, Johnson, and Mustipher. But then again, I was glad to see him recognize the contributions from Nichols and Hicks. He goes on to give almost the entire team grades, but only included the starters in the color chart. Why he left out giving specific grades to O'Donnell and LS Scales is kinda strange. Also, I would not have given Mack the highest grade - to me that belonged to Smith and easily at that. And lastly, I would have given a higher score to Fuller.