• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears preseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three guys on the bubble who are doing their damndest to show they belong on the 53:
Daniel Hardy
Greg Stroman Jr.
Dante Pettis

All three had solid to outstanding performances today.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,026.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't watch the game and went strictly by the box score, yuda thunk he had a bad outing. 6-13, just 75 yards, passer rating 64.6. He did get off to a slow start, I'll chalk it off to his home crowd debut butterflies. But once he got cranking, you can see how this guy is gonna be a difference maker.

Im utterly impressed.........after the first two series,it was nothing but net........

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three guys on the bubble who are doing their damndest to show they belong on the 53:
Daniel Hardy
Greg Stroman Jr.
Dante Pettis

All three had solid to outstanding performances today.
I dont know much about Hardy, just heard he was a basketball player.
What happened to Collin Johnson after HOF week? Are they trying to hide him for a practice squad spot? I have seen Pettis muff enough punts and drop enough passes over his career.
The other guy is Baskerville and my guy Kramer, who is for some reason getting second string snaps again. I really like Shelton and his first guy shoving anyone around off of that tackled ball carrier.
I had to make a parts run that turned into a wait for a half hour in my car run. Found the game on some station called the big 102.3, and they said Kramer was extremely impressive on one on one drills in the Bengal practice. They said they played him at guard at the beginning but now went back to only center.
Also that RB Wheeler has some skills and 4.3 speed. Should get the spot of the other pass dropper and punt muffer Jones.

was building cylinder heads during the first three three and outs, so did not see anything he might have missed. Just from the box score saw he missed any passes to Allen and DJ. But then again, the only team that saw him before, even though it was just practice. Might point more to what our OC was actually running as far as plays went.

Either way, this defense is going to take this team to the playoffs, and Caleb will get all the credit. But at least we know the truth.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about Hardy, just heard he was a basketball player.
What happened to Collin Johnson after HOF week?
Are they trying to hide him for a practice squad spot? I have seen Pettis muff enough punts and drop enough passes over his career.
The other guy is Baskerville and my guy Kramer, who is for some reason getting second string snaps again. I really like Shelton and his first guy shoving anyone around off of that tackled ball carrier.
I had to make a parts run that turned into a wait for a half hour in my car run. Found the game on some station called the big 102.3, and they said Kramer was extremely impressive on one on one drills in the Bengal practice. They said they played him at guard at the beginning but now went back to only center.
Also that RB Wheeler has some skills and 4.3 speed. Should get the spot of the other pass dropper and punt muffer Jones.

was building cylinder heads during the first three three and outs, so did not see anything he might have missed. Just from the box score saw he missed any passes to Allen and DJ. But then again, the only team that saw him before, even though it was just practice. Might point more to what our OC was actually running as far as plays went.

Either way, this defense is going to take this team to the playoffs, and Caleb will get all the credit. But at least we know the truth.
Not sure why you haven't heard much about Hardy. All three games have been televised and if you watched them, then you would have seen plenty from the kid. He's had the best stats in the entire defense this preseason, altho he's probably played the most to help him with the production. To me, the only thing that might prevent him from being a lock to make the roster, is if Poles signs another DE/Edge before camp breaks. And I'm no longer sure this is going to happen.

I've been asking the same question as to why Johnson has suddenly vanished. If anyone deserved more playing time after the HOF game, it was him. Maybe he's been sucking at practice or perhaps he's not fit for ST action, which would help him secure a roster spot, I honestly don't know.

Baskerville is in a fight to be the 5th guy in the LB crew. I'm hoping he makes it. As for Kramer, we can generally count on him to make the roster as a backup.

I would have liked to see Wheeler play more in the game yesterday. I agree, the kid has wheels, versatility, and some power to boot.

I think the Bears D is getting tons of recognition, which should carry over into the regular season. Naturally tho, the spotlight will be on Caleb.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,026.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headlines this morning on Get Up " Williams Wows Chicago"

Yes he did........:yahoo:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Bagent has been impressive this preseason. We'll be in good hands if Caleb ever needed to take a game off. Overall the QB room is looking pretty strong

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this article, it appears Poles offered the same pick:

So if this report is accurate, the Pats opted for the Falcons because they thought their 3rd rounder would be lower than ours? This same Falcons team considered by most analysts to win the NFC South - whereas just about everyone has the Bears finishing 3rd in the North? The Pats think our 3rd round offer has less value because we'll do better in the standings? Somehow this rings as bullshit to me. But it doesn't matter, I'm still glad we didn't 'win' that trade, especially now if it's true that it would have cost us a 3rd round pick.
falcons got lucky.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
falcons got lucky.
No, simple math. Falcons are so bad at the pass rush and have more dollars to spend to get one. It was not about the pick, it was the contract that was going to need to be set up before he suited up anyway. Poles said he had no clue what the contract the guy was going to expect after watching the shitshow in New England.

I like our chances without him. They want to give our 10 million dollar underperforming wonder from last year Nyoke whatever another shot if they cant figure anything out in house. I think we have more outside guys right now than we need with Brooks coming in on third downs.

My worry is this defense is buzzing right now and Williams will transition back to Everflus for play calling in the regular season. Sure seems like its something we leave alone for now and Flus steps in if necessary. I mean, 3 field goals against our 1's so far?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks...Booker....pretty close?:noidea:
Yeah, makes sense. And when I read one of my replies, I noticed I referred to Collin Johnson as Coleman. I have no idea how that came about. I know my puter does those auto fill typings, and that's probably what happened. I need to pay more attention to what I've stated before hitting the send button.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, makes sense. And when I read one of my replies, I noticed I referred to Collin Johnson as Coleman. I have no idea how that came about. I know my puter does those auto fill typings, and that's probably what happened. I need to pay more attention to what I've stated before hitting the send button.
AI's goal with BWW is to make people look stupid. I hope eventually it learns I do not need any help.

Wish it was as easy to block AI.

Never knew it was Marty's kid.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI's goal with BWW is to make people look stupid. I hope eventually it learns I do not need any help.

Nailed it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes about as much sense as anything else you type.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,026.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Caleb Williams tonight......coaches decision.

Bummer......but better than getting hurt in a meaningless game......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Borom carted off…Oline depth to be tested.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Hardy and the Boomer guy? lol.

I was kind of upset hearing that they need to hunt the waiver wire for their fourth and fifth DT's, but we definitely do not have that guy on the roster if he played last night. I know they said some draft pick finally got to practice.

I hope Scott lives up to that spot he won last night and does not end up dropping passes again. I wish we saw more top guys practicing this stupid kickoff, sure seems like KC has this return deal figured out and have one bruising white guy running back.

Was hoping to see more from Johnson like the HOF game, I guess we see how quick this gets to 53, then watch 4 of them get cut for waiver pickups.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's superstition...but I would rather win a game and lose a game in preseason...No 0-4...No 4-0. *shrugs* That all said...SUPER BOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading or seeing on various sports sites regarding our Bears how it might be difficult to keep Velus on the roster this year. And I'm honestly scratching my head wondering why there should be any doubt. A year ago I might have agreed that our offense didn't have the luxury of carrying a 'gadget' player on the roster. But we do this year and I can't think of a better candidate for this role than Velus. He's been impressive for most of this preseason, but against the Chiefs he was killing it. Yes, he was running against the opposing team's scrubs, but then again he had scrubs blocking for him. That 39 yard TD run was a thing of beauty.

Let's remember, he's the fastest player on the team - yes, faster than our other bullet, Tyler Scott. But he's also strong and is able to play multiple roles. He brings value to our offense. I'll say this much, if we cut him, it will take all of 10 minutes for another club to ink him.