• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears preseason thread

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o-line is worrisome.
Two of the bloody starters (Nate Davis and Teven Jenkins) can't even stay healthy for an entire season. The rest, except for Wright, are just aight, at best.

It's mind boggling how Poles is a former offensive lineman but has neglected the unit for his stint in Chi Town?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the bloody starters (Nate Davis and Teven Jenkins) can't even stay healthy for an entire season. The rest, except for Wright, are just aight, at best.

It's mind boggling how Poles is a former offensive lineman but has neglected the unit for his stint in Chi Town?
You are being generous. Those two can't stay healthy for an entire preseason either.

That last comment isn't exactly true. First round pick last year. (Who is now injured), brought in two C/G this off season. Drafted a 4th rounder this year (coming off injury, but on pup). Brought in, what was supposed to be a solid NFL guard, Nate last year (personal and lazy and oft injured).

Just looks like what he has attempted hasn't panned out to well. Jones is atleast solid.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o-line is worrisome.
What we needed more than anything for our OL was depth, especially because our line seems to be prone to the injury bug. None of our starters, at least not yet, are threats to make the pro bowl, so it's not like losing a starter would be all that dramatic IF we have sufficient depth. I'm still frustrated with Poles not going after a high caliber center the past two years, either via free agency or the draft, when there were a number of options in both categories. I can only imagine that he plans to add more quality depth to the roster when teams start making their final cuts. Or so I hope.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Davis has to be one of the more disappointing signings in some time. Dude has barely sniffed the field since being here and has been underwhelming when he has. And I actually thought it was a good signing at the time.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Tevin Jenkins was turned down even a discussion of an extension, he changed his training and his diet to try to stay on the field and prove he is worth one of these 50 million guaranteed deals to protect what will be 60-70 million dollars a year quarterbacks.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's preseason, but when was the last time the Bears looked this prepared in ANY preseason game? Caleb looks the part. That no-look screen to Swift was awesome. Had a couple other great throws too(Including a 12 yard strike to convert on 3rd and 12) and a smart scramble to convert on third and long.

If the O-line can hold their own, Bears are gonna be a good team this year.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's preseason, but when was the last time the Bears looked this prepared in ANY preseason game? Caleb looks the part. That no-look screen to Swift was awesome. Had a couple other great throws too(Including a 12 yard strike to convert on 3rd and 12) and a smart scramble to convert on third and long.

If the O-line can hold their own, Bears are gonna be a good team this year.
When is the last time we saw starters in the second quarter? Defense was starting the second. Nice to see.

Some really nice plays that Justin Fields would have never thrown. That first down to DJ was nice, the camera man did not even follow the right receiver on the deep sideline, there were three guys to throw to, Caleb chose the deepest.

This is all we wanted from Fields. Yes, this is going to lead to Caleb throwing interceptions, big deal, we have a defense that can hold a team to a field goal.

Hopefully we see more. Dont know what happened to Johnson and Ripien after last weeks showing. Bad news is we get to see Velus Jones fumble handoffs now, but cant be any way he makes this team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 sack, when Bagent was in, and it was for just a 3 yard loss. The OL for the most part did its job. Of course the star unit was the defense. 8 sacks, 9 TFL, and a pick 6. Booker showed his chops, 2.5 sacks, 2 TFL, and 3 QB hurries.

One preseason game does not make for a successful season, but it was nice to see both sides of the ball put out a solid effort.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Davis has to be one of the more disappointing signings in some time. Dude has barely sniffed the field since being here and has been underwhelming when he has.
Eberflus was actually and surprisingly blunt about Nate Davis.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate, bah.

Booker? Bears maybe on to something! He has been tearing the preseason up!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate, bah.

Booker? Bears maybe on to something! He has been tearing the preseason up!
Doubt Flus will start him this week against the Bengals, but maybe they'll just have Walker play for a series or two tops, then sub in Booker. I'd like to see how he performs against starting talent or at worst 2nd string. Some other guys I'd also like to see more of:

Tyson Bagent: He needs to play a little more in the next two games if the Bears intend on him being #2.
Collin Johnson: I'm not even sure he played the other day. He had a solid HOF game performance, let's see if that was for real.
Ian Wheeler: UDFA playing mostly against scrubs, but so was his line protecting him. He could push Travis Homer for the final RB slot.
Velus Jones, Jr: He was fairly decent out the backfield. Maybe the Bears are trying to make him the team's gadget player.
Tommy Sweeney: Doubt we'll carry 4 TEs, but if we do, he might have a shot. Only two targets/receptions, but he looked good on both.
Daniel Hardy: Booker got all the post game ink, but Hardy actually matched him stat for stat. Let's see if he's legit or this last game was a fluke.
Michael Baskerville, Noah Sewell, Amen Ogbongbemiga: If we only carry 5 LBs, one of these guys won't make the cut. Let's see who performs in the coming weeks.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good vibes. Ready for this season. Hopefully they take a good step forward. :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good vibes. Ready for this season. Hopefully they take a good step forward. :)
Always remember tho, as happy as we are seeing how our boyz have played these first two weeks, the 2022 Bears won as many games in the preseason as they did in the regular season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When opposing teams sing your praises you know you had a good game.
In a sense, Caleb had an almost perfect game in the short time he was out there. He went 4-7, but two of those incompletions were drops (Moore & Kmet), and the 3rd one was a throw away in the end zone. His target was Odunze, but he was too covered for Caleb to slip that pass to him. He showed a lot of poise and the pass downfield to Kmet where he threw off platform was a thing of beauty. Also, that no-look toss to Swift for a 42 yard gain was very Mahomesesque.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched only 2 snaps so far.......been in Nashville for the Kenny Chesney concert and aas in Chicago this past weekend and seen the Bladingame pick six......

But I been hearing lot of good things about our new fangled qb.......

Hopefully Im not getting my hopes as from the past......cause loving me Caleb.....