• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears preseason thread

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part was watching how technically sound Williams is as a rookie physically. The base he throws off of when he's in the pocket is perfect. Watching him stretch the ball out when he's scrambling to prevent fumbles was nice. His arm action on his throw when he's moving is ideal.

I was a Fields fan. But physically speaking there were so many flaws in Fields. From footwork to how he held the ball to how he shifted his hips. Williams, as a rookie, already seems so far ahead in all those areas.

It was only a few throws but I walked away from Caleb's outing feeling really good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to throw some early love at OC Shane Waldron as well. It's hard to put my finger on it or try to give some technical explanation, like as if I'm fully knowledgeable in how today's NFL offenses operate. But for whatever reasons, in these first two contests, the Bears O seems to be crisper, for lack of a more precise word. Speed-wise, I don't think the players on the offense are any faster than ones from recent seasons - hell, maybe even a touch slower for all I know. But they play quicker, they play more efficient and precise, at least so far. I'm giving a lot of this credit to Waldron. He just seems to have the O more ready than the results we've previously had over the years. What makes this early going even more impressive is the fact that this is his first season as our OC, the first season drawing up our game plans.