• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking after 5 games would mean we would be 5-11 giving us a top 7 pick. Instead we didn’t tank, we made the playoffs where we were one and done and now we have the 20th pick.

Call me crazy but I prefer top 7 pick vs top 20 any day of the week. Oh but the idiots say Pace will screw up the first pick anyway so what’s the difference? (Rolls eyes)
3 other teams finished with a 5-11 record, so it's possible our pick would have been as high as 10th, depending on how they broke down the tiebreakers. So picking 7th-10th would have resulted in us turning next season around? Can't wait to read this response.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin so hard you gotta be dizzy.

pubes: Prove 2+5 is not 100
me: Prove 10-5 is not 2, it's the same thing
pubes: Those two aren't related at all!
me: you're dumb.

You can't win a gun fight when all you have is a slinky.
End of thread dummy.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pubes: Prove 2+5 is not 100
me: Prove 10-5 is not 2, it's the same thing
pubes: Those two aren't related at all!
me: you're dumb.

You can't win a gun fight when all you have is a slinky.
End of thread dummy.

Just keep spinning them wheels kiddo.

Thread.....continues.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when there was intelligent conversation here about the Bears without throwing insults around for the majority of the thread?

Me neither.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when there was intelligent conversation here about the Bears without throwing insults around for the majority of the thread?

Me neither.
No, you.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a number of you guys were thinking Rodgers would make for a good replacement DC. Based on this article, it's at least 50-50 that he's the man.

It makes sense too that the Bears look internally for the DC spot. No sense in hiring from the outside when it's possible that they'll clean house after next season. And I'd bump possible up to way more than likely if we have anything less than a winning campaign.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we about to make a Jay Cutler like move to get Deshaun Watson? I just read an article speculating that it would take 3 first round picks to get him. If that’s the case, fuck that. He wants out. I would throw them 1 first rounder and some change. We aren’t making that mistake again. The two first rounders for Mack aren’t really even paying off like they should.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we about to make a Jay Cutler like move to get Deshaun Watson? I just read an article speculating that it would take 3 first round picks to get him. If that’s the case, fuck that. He wants out. I would throw them 1 first rounder and some change. We aren’t making that mistake again. The two first rounders for Mack aren’t really even paying off like they should.

If you had Watson, would you take the 20th pick in the first round and "some change"? The trade conversation looks different now doesn't it?

It'll take 2 #1s to start the conversation.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Watson, would you take the 20th pick in the first round and "some change"? The trade conversation looks different now doesn't it?

It'll take 2 #1s to start the conversation.
I dont think Watson fixes our offense. In fact, I think our offense would ruin Watson. So we can’t throw enough resources that would help improve our offense to acquire him.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Watson fixes our offense. In fact, I think our offense would ruin Watson. So we can’t throw enough resources that would help improve our offense to acquire him.

you realize that’s not how trades work, right? The Texans will get what they can demand....which is gonna be at least 2 firsts....maybe 3. And probably a player.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you realize that’s not how trades work, right? The Texans will get what they can demand....which is gonna be at least 2 firsts....maybe 3. And probably a player.
Then let someone else make that trade.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then let someone else make that trade.

Tough call. I mean, if he's legitimately a starter that we can ride for the next decade, then it's a no-brainer...You make the trade and work it out from there. But is he? I mean, could anyone imagine a team with a stud QB going 4-12 like Houston did this season? I know there's a lot to that story, but I remember the Packers going 6 and 7 wins with Rodgers and the end was nigh at that kind of record. What does it say about a QB in his prime that he can't raise the level of his team beyond 4 wins? *shrugs* It's a risk.

I will say this. If it happened, I would be a lot more intrigued about the next 5 years of Bear football than I am currently. IE: There's some hope. As is? There's little to none. When you have a QB, the rest of the pieces can be put together. Football is QB/offense dominated and then figure it out from there. We're doing this the wrong way with the defense first attitude. Don't get me wrong. You could win as a defense-first team, but that is the exception at this point, not the rule...by a wide margin.

All of this is moot, though. We don't have the draft pieces to outbid some of the teams that will assuredly be in the mix...so it seems very unlikely to happen.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 other teams finished with a 5-11 record, so it's possible our pick would have been as high as 10th, depending on how they broke down the tiebreakers. So picking 7th-10th would have resulted in us turning next season around? Can't wait to read this response.
You are correct... The Bears had the hardest strength of schedule so they would have picked last of the 5-11 teams in that scenario.