• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there's already a thread for the upcoming draft, but there's a lot more to the offseason than just that, so I feel a separate thread is worthy. I expect to read a lot of venting, but also a lot of solid suggestions. I'm gonna start by linking an article about Robinson, who was easily our offensive MVP this year and will likely leave the Bears.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Robinson, I'd avoid this team like the plague. Not only did they not value him enough to extend him at what he's worth, this franchise has a bad a record as you can find at the QB position. It's just a shame we didn't trade him for value when we had the chance.

I'm in favor of blowing up the team a little bit. We're going to be pressed against the cap thanks to big deals for Eddie Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Robert Quinn, Khalil Mack, Kyle Fuller and others. I would trade Fuller, Hicks and Mack for future picks (and more if possible) and attempt to tank for a high pick in 2022. I would build the trenches in this upcoming draft before looking to land a QB in 2022, but I wouldn't be opposed to a QB in this draft if there's value, preferably in the 2nd or 3rd if there's a guy that can be groomed. Nick Foles is more than capable of leading this team to a top 5 pick without Allen Robinson and some of the better players on defense.

I don't think the cupboard is completely bare on offense. Montgomery came alive once the O line figured it out a bit and Lazor started calling plays. He's a very good player. Kmet started figuring it out. Mooney looks really good. Whitehair, Daniels and maybe Mustipher aren't going anywhere. Cohen just got extended so we're stuck with him for better or worse. We need a lot more but there's some talent there.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Robinson, I'd avoid this team like the plague. Not only did they not value him enough to extend him at what he's worth, this franchise has a bad a record as you can find at the QB position. It's just a shame we didn't trade him for value when we had the chance.

I'm in favor of blowing up the team a little bit. We're going to be pressed against the cap thanks to big deals for Eddie Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Robert Quinn, Khalil Mack, Kyle Fuller and others. I would trade Fuller, Hicks and Mack for future picks (and more if possible) and attempt to tank for a high pick in 2022. I would build the trenches in this upcoming draft before looking to land a QB in 2022, but I wouldn't be opposed to a QB in this draft if there's value, preferably in the 2nd or 3rd if there's a guy that can be groomed. Nick Foles is more than capable of leading this team to a top 5 pick without Allen Robinson and some of the better players on defense.

I don't think the cupboard is completely bare on offense. Montgomery came alive once the O line figured it out a bit and Lazor started calling plays. He's a very good player. Kmet started figuring it out. Mooney looks really good. Whitehair, Daniels and maybe Mustipher aren't going anywhere. Cohen just got extended so we're stuck with him for better or worse. We need a lot more but there's some talent there.

Nelly's back from DC!!! *waves*

Dude...Robinson's gonna throw a sh*t fit if we tag him.

F*ck it...I hope they do it just for the fireworks. We're gonna burn this sumb*tch down and be reborn again like the phoenix anyway...Let's do it with style baby.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelly's back from DC!!! *waves*

Dude...Robinson's gonna throw a sh*t fit if we tag him.

F*ck it...I hope they do it just for the fireworks. We're gonna burn this sumb*tch down and be reborn again like the phoenix anyway...Let's do it with style baby.
DC? What do you mean?

I wouldn't tag Robinson. We're pressed against the cap and keeping him hurts our chances at tanking. It would also be the nice thing to do: admit your failures as an organization and let the man find greener pastures: he deserves it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC? What do you mean?

I wouldn't tag Robinson. We're pressed against the cap and keeping him hurts our chances at tanking. It would also be the nice thing to do: admit your failures as an organization and let the man find greener pastures: he deserves it.

Oh Nelly...My sweet summer child...

But yeah, we're not gonna tag him...but the response would be legendary if we did...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the expression they use these days is to retool, which is a slightly less dramatic overhaul than rebuild, altho in some cases it's just a matter of semantics. One area where the Bears may indeed blow up is in the non-playing sector of the team, the executive branch down to the coaching staff. That seems to require a much larger overhaul than the actual roster, which definitely needs some serious tweaking, but not completely blown up.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the expression they use these days is to retool, which is a slightly less dramatic overhaul than rebuild, altho in some cases it's just a matter of semantics. One area where the Bears may indeed blow up is in the non-playing sector of the team, the executive branch down to the coaching staff. That seems to require a much larger overhaul than the actual roster, which definitely needs some serious tweaking, but not completely blown up.
I heard a rumor that Ted Phillips is retiring so Pace would take his spot and we would hire another GM, which would presumably be able to make a decision on Nagy (not sure). Total rumor though.

I don't know if I'd give up on Eddie Jackson already but he had a terrible year. Smith is a keeper of course, along with Goldman, Nichols, Johnson and some of the younger talent on defense. I mentioned the bit of offensive talent in Kmet, Mooney, Montgomery and a few O linemen. If you want to consider trading the vets for picks as a "retool" then that's cool. We took our shot at the superbowl in 2018 by acquiring Mack and grabbing a bunch of talent in free agency, and we expected to be contenders for a few years or so with this roster. It rode on Trubisky developing into an above average QB which obviously didn't happen, so the window for this team has passed. It's best not to delude ourselves into thinking it can be salvaged. Need to reset a bit: how much so is a matter of opinion of course.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we were parting ways with Nagy,he would have gottten the axe yesterday.......If they REALLY wanted to part ways with him.......

Theres teams already out there interviewing coaches.......We should be doing the samething...... ..

Im thinking he stays.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we didn't tank we get to save everyone's jobs! Yippee! Superbowl here we come!

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagano retiring but Bears expected to retain Pace and Nagy.

Fully embracing mediocrity.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why any of the three deserve a return, but with Pagano calling it quits, maybe the Bears will hire a DC who is not the second coming of Greg "Bend-Don't-Break" Blanche.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting a good outside DC to come here for 1 season under a lame duck coach will be hard

I’d expect them to promote Jay Rodgers into the role

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has to be gone then. There’s no fing way we can do nagymitch on O again next season. F that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting a good outside DC to come here for 1 season under a lame duck coach will be hard

This. I actually like Rodgers and think he'll make a good d coordinator.

I have no clue how Nagy still has a job.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you don't tank.

Idiots be idiots.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you don't tank.

Idiots be idiots.

Says that guy that called for tanking AFTER the team had already won 5 games.

You probably start a new diet right after you scarf down half a family size pizza, don't you dumb dumb?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says that guy that called for tanking AFTER the team had already won 5 games.

You probably start a new diet right after you scarf down half a family size pizza, don't you dumb dumb?
BS has made some dumb statements over the years, shit we all have. But calling for the Bears to tank and worse yet, calling for them to tank after already having won FIVE GAMES is the sheer epitome of ignorance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I actually like Rodgers and think he'll make a good d coordinator.

I have no clue how Nagy still has a job.
Well, if they don't go with Rodgers, here are 16 other candidates: