• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Browns & OL Chris Hubbard have agreed to a reworked 2-year deal: $1M signing bonus, $1M of a $2.15M base salary gtd, with max cash value of $5M in 2020. If Hubbard plays 90% of the snaps in 2020, he can void the 2021 year. Some cap space for Cleveland, security for Hubbard."

I'm sure the cap space can't be too overwhelming though.
Guessing was more about not wanting to pay $6 mil to a guy who could very likely be a backup than it was the cap space.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the browns should probably just draft one of the top two at #10
If they love one I'm sure that is their plan....but I'm thinking they go BPA at OT, DB or LB. I guess D-line possible, as well. Only position that would shock me would be QB or RB (WR a surprise, but not a complete shock)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is they have:
1) The need for a LT
2) The cap space to give TW a nice contract
3) abundance of draft picks with the full complement of 7 picks plus a extra 3rd

Maybe it's about haggling for the best terms for the Browns?
Latter comment sure could be possible as no way they give up a nice asset with the chance they could lose him after a year.

Guessing Callahan is playing a role as far as giving the scoop on what he is worth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I always thought of him as more of RT or G anyway. The move to guard makes sense bc if he was just a backup I would cut him

Proud of Hubbard...work his way up to being starter in PIT...got a FA contract that he really deserved, still a relatively young guy and now he's playing out the end of his starting RT days. He will have to be a starting OG or OT somewhere to occupy a $8 mil cap hit next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, FB mainly then just another weapon for Baker and open up the running game. The season Chubb had with that OL was damn good last year, cant imagine him with a great OL
another weapon wouldn't hurt but not even sure it's needed (just an adequate #3 WR). In our offense, seems like the TEs are pretty much the #3 WRs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another weapon wouldn't hurt but not even sure it's needed (just an adequate #3 WR). In our offense, seems like the TEs are pretty much the #3 WRs.

Meant to say FB and Hoop will open up the running game. I think the only thing they need is a nice slot WR, they could find that in the draft..a lot of nice options and we have seen guys like Deebo Samuel or other guys produce in their rookie year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed....idea Steelers would be above this was a little absurd.

something also tells me Ben is not a treat to have around.

I think every team has a threshold...some longer than others...mostly depends on the impact of the player. Maybe BB in NE, but I don't even think he would cut player that has strong trade value because the player was an ass hole.

Ben...knowing some people that have been in the Steelers lockerroom...from what I've heard here and there...I think early in his career you might've been onto something...now, I don't get that sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
swing tackle or guard it seems.

Assuming they land a big LT plug and play guy in the draft...Hubbard now becomes your 3rd best OT so swing makes sense...but ideally they should probably move him to G or backup RT...you don't want a traditional RT spending much time as a LT.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say FB and Hoop will open up the running game. I think the only thing they need is a nice slot WR, they could find that in the draft..a lot of nice options and we have seen guys like Deebo Samuel or other guys produce in their rookie year.
Right. Probably do need a better 3rd WR than what they have if possible.....hell, maybe they end up bringing back Higgins since the guy with the fake doghouse is gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team has a threshold...some longer than others...mostly depends on the impact of the player. Maybe BB in NE, but I don't even think he would cut player that has strong trade value because the player was an ass hole.

Ben...knowing some people that have been in the Steelers lockerroom...from what I've heard here and there...I think early in his career you might've been onto something...now, I don't get that sense.
No chance BB would....look at all the guys he brings in at a discount who are alleged A-holes or have other issues.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance BB would....look at all the guys he brings in at a discount who are alleged A-holes or have other issues.

AND...he had to know his TE was not a choir boy by any means even if he didn't know he was a gang banger and murderer. IDT they were trying to run him out of NE until he gave them just cause to be run out of NE. TW hasn't given WAS just cause.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND...he had to know his TE was not a choir boy by any means even if he didn't know he was a gang banger and murderer. IDT they were trying to run him out of NE until he gave them just cause to be run out of NE. TW hasn't given WAS just cause.
I've always believed this about most teams......I recall I believe it was Tennessee/Fisher on Hard Knocks. some nobody did something stupid and they cut him. Big deal was made about it.....no chance he cuts the guy if it was a stud player.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak believes free agent Everson Griffen is on the Browns' radar.
This isn't surprising given the connections to the Browns' coaching staff. Griffen was with Kevin Stefanski and DC Joe Woods for multiple seasons in Minnesota. The Browns can save $5 million from releasing Olivier Vernon and have been linked to pass rushers to book end with Myles Garrett. After opting out of his Vikings contract, Griffen may have to settle for one-year offers.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles exercised WR Alshon Jeffery's 2020 option.
The Eagles had been noncommittal on Jeffery's future, but his contract made this a lock to be picked up. Philly would have taken a $26.1 dead money hit to move on from him. Coming off Lisfranc surgery, 30-year-old Jeffery is questionable for the start of training camp. He can't be counted on to stay healthy.

I guess all that dead money kept him on the team.