• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want As The Steelers Next QB?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB from last years draft will amount to much, IMO.
Shut your’re mouth!
Amazon Touchdown GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut your’re mouth!
Amazon Touchdown GIF by NFL On Prime Video
Listen, I hope I'm wrong for obvious reasons, but I just don't see anyone being a star QB from the 22 draft. We will probably be looking for a new QB here in the next 3 years just based on his play last year. Now, obviously there's always room for improvement, but he didn't really progress that much throughout the season. Sorry not sorry, but we aren't going to win many championships when our QB can barely throw for 200+ yards in a game and throws more INTs that he does TDs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I hope I'm wrong for obvious reasons, but I just don't see anyone being a star QB from the 22 draft. We will probably be looking for a new QB here in the next 3 years just based on his play last year. Now, obviously there's always room for improvement, but he didn't really progress that much throughout the season. Sorry not sorry, but we aren't going to win many championships when our QB can barely throw for 200+ yards in a game and throws more INTs that he does TDs.
So thats just such a narrow way to judge him. If you actually see metrics and analysis he did progress.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So thats just such a narrow way to judge him. If you actually see metrics and analysis he did progress.
I'd love to see these metrics and analysis as to what aspects of his game he progressed in. I'll tell you what I see.

4 out of his 11 starts he threw under 60% completion, including 3 out of his last 4 starts.
8 out of his 11 starts he threw for under 200 yards, including 4 of his last 5 starts.
7 TD vs 9 INTs, which, admittedly, he didn't throw as many INTs at the end of the season as he did in the beginning.
67 "poor throws", which increased as the season went on (29 in his first 6 starts, 37 in his last 6).
3-7 on 4th down with a QBR of 59.8.

Also, taking a look at this graphic, his completion percentage, passing yards per game, QBR and passing yards got worse as the season went on.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 3.29.12 PM.png

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see these metrics and analysis as to what aspects of his game he progressed in. I'll tell you what I see.

4 out of his 11 starts he threw under 60% completion, including 3 out of his last 4 starts.
8 out of his 11 starts he threw for under 200 yards, including 4 of his last 5 starts.
7 TD vs 9 INTs, which, admittedly, he didn't throw as many INTs at the end of the season as he did in the beginning.
67 "poor throws", which increased as the season went on (29 in his first 6 starts, 37 in his last 6).
3-7 on 4th down with a QBR of 59.8.

Also, taking a look at this graphic, his completion percentage, passing yards per game, QBR and passing yards got worse as the season went on.

View attachment 325894
Heres an appetizer. Again.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres an appetizer. Again.

Hm, not too shabby. Like I said, he did a great job not throwing INTs during the last 7 games he started so that's a plus. I've never been a huge "sabremetrics" guy. Those advanced stats, I just don't see the point in them, I barely even understand half of them lmao. Big Time Throw rate, what does that mean, is that the opposite stat as a "Poor Throw" metric? What does EPA mean?

I just don't see it yet. I'll need another full season and hopefully we see some more progression from 1-18 next year. But I need him to stop throwing INTs, which he did great at from 9-18 (excluding weeks 13 and 14 as he only threw 1 pass those two weeks) and he's gotta get better in 4th down situations. Those all should come with time as long as he keeps making the right decisions. Fingers crossed and obviously, prove me to be an idiot, Kenny!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm, not too shabby. Like I said, he did a great job not throwing INTs during the last 7 games he started so that's a plus. I've never been a huge "sabremetrics" guy. Those advanced stats, I just don't see the point in them, I barely even understand half of them lmao. Big Time Throw rate, what does that mean, is that the opposite stat as a "Poor Throw" metric? What does EPA mean?

I just don't see it yet. I'll need another full season and hopefully we see some more progression from 1-18 next year. But I need him to stop throwing INTs, which he did great at from 9-18 (excluding weeks 13 and 14 as he only threw 1 pass those two weeks) and he's gotta get better in 4th down situations. Those all should come with time as long as he keeps making the right decisions. Fingers crossed and obviously, prove me to be an idiot, Kenny!
Let me circle back to this tomorrow. with the EPA , big time throw etc. I suck at longer replies on my phone.

I hear you on sabemetrics. There are certain things Ive found i fully agree with and some things where i go, yeah ok. like honestly, qbr and often qb rating. When guys like jimmy G who go 15-20 for 225 and 2 tds. They look awesome. But in reality, jimmy's receivers had 175 YAC and both TDS were dumped at the line of scrimmage. Which is Jimmy.....

Im a huge pickett fan. I guess because Ive followed him. But I would honestly say I thought he didnt have it or whatever. I love PITT, Im an alumni...but if your're not good stay away from the steelers. kenny just has an it factor. Peyton mannings a mentor. He grinds. Hes a massive film guy. Hes burrowesqe. His guys just fucking love him. You're gonna be rooting hard for him once they let him talk more. If last year pickett was at an SEC or BIG 10 progam....hed of gone #1 overall. His year was special.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

having trouble finding the deep passing grade explanation honestly