• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Quarterback Class (Your Thoughts & Impressions)

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, I do think Simms deserves the benefit of the doubt. If my eyes are saying third round and he is saying rd1...maybe Im missing his upside. Deep ball accuracy was an issue with both Mahomes and Allen coming out and it was fixed with both so it might not be a big deal
Quite frankly, I don't understand the difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder, beyond demand principles. You draft anybody in the first three rounds, and you expect them to be at least a solid starter for your franchise.

I think Corral's physical skill set is top notch. My issue stems from the character.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, I don't understand the difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder, beyond demand principles. You draft anybody in the first three rounds, and you expect them to be at least a solid starter for your franchise.

I think Corral's physical skill set is top notch. My issue stems from the character.
QB is different imo. If you draft a QB in rd2 or rd3, you aren't committing to that QB being a starter.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms has changed his mind. He has Corral #1 (top 16 picks), Willis, Pickett, Howell, and then Ridder.

@Clayton - What do you think? Is Willis a better pick than Pickett?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms has changed his mind. He has Corral #1 (top 16 picks), Willis, Pickett, Howell, and then Ridder.

@Clayton - What do you think? Is Willis a better pick than Pickett?

I do think Willis and Pickett are the two 1st rounders so if he flips them around that kinda is what it is. It might be an RG3 v Cousins situation where one is expected to have a way higher upside and never gets there. It is Simms being consistent in that he likes the guy with the higher upside at QB. There is a chance Willis is just Kordell Stewart, though, but if thats the case then you just draft another QB in a couple of years. Pickett is likely somewhere between the Dalton zone and Matt Ryan zone and he'll likely stick to your team for awhile.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Willis and Pickett are the two 1st rounders so if he flips them around that kinda is what it is. It might be an RG3 v Cousins situation where one is expected to have a way higher upside and never gets there. It is Simms being consistent in that he likes the guy with the higher upside at QB. There is a chance Willis is just Kordell Stewart, though, but if thats the case then you just draft another QB in a couple of years. Pickett is likely somewhere between the Dalton zone and Matt Ryan zone and he'll likely stick to your team for awhile.
well wait. Kordell Stewart was actually pretty darn good. He tanked due to some crap in pittsburgh.......but he was playing well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well wait. Kordell Stewart was actually pretty darn good. He tanked due to some crap in pittsburgh.......but he was playing well.
Yeah, I mentioned him because a kid at PFF used the comp and said 'he is similar coming out but could end up being totally different in today's NFL'

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mentioned him because a kid at PFF used the comp and said 'he is similar coming out but could end up being totally different in today's NFL'
Ahh ok sorry I did not know that. Mostly said something bc most thing kordell was a bum, and he wasnt.