• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams will skip Bowl Game and enter the 2024 NFL Draft.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Caleb shows a bit more Mahomes when he extends plays than Fields. He does seem to try for the bigger play too often, not settling for the easier option in front of him to keep the sticks moving. Pro coaching will need to work on that with him.

He's certainly not a check down artist like Nix has been this year.

He certainly can, but not on those plays in that video. He opens himself up to a shortened career if he tries extending those plays in the NFL.

A good NFL franchise will reign him in and keep him more centered. His arm is too good to risk his health on scrambling much. They should build an offensive line around him in Chicago. The skies the limit for him if they can protect him. Although, I'm sure that may be able to be said about any of the top 3-4 QB's in this draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on where the tier break is. Until recently I thought it was Caleb and Maye at the top and the others had questions. If the reality is that teams are pretty high on Penix and/or Nix and/or Daniels then the Patriots should obviously take one of them.

I think Daniels' season put him firmly at the #3. How close that is to Maye comes down to each team's evaluations and what they want out of their QB. Daniels' running ability is almost at a Lamar level (and with the slight frame questions too). I would have Penix at 4 and Nix at 5, with Nix closer to the McCarthy/Ewers tier.

A lot comes down to who is calling the shots for the Pats in April.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly can, but not on those plays in that video. He opens himself up to a shortened career if he tries extending those plays in the NFL.

A good NFL franchise will reign him in and keep him more centered. His arm is too good to risk his health on scrambling much. They should build an offensive line around him in Chicago. The skies the limit for him if they can protect him. Although, I'm sure that may be able to be said about any of the top 3-4 QB's in this draft.

Didn't watch the video. I've watched two games worth of Caleb's film and don't have those same questions. Highlight videos aren't very relevatory IMO.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the video. I've watched two games worth of Caleb's film and don't have those same questions. Highlight videos aren't very relevatory IMO.

The post of mine you responded to was addressing the comment that posted the video. :noidea:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're basing your evaluation of Caleb off of solely that video?
No, re-read my comment and watching the comment/video I was responding to. I was just commenting on what that post was saying about the Bears fans basing their excitement because of that video.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, re-read my comment and watching the comment/video I was responding to. I was just commenting on what that post was saying about the Bears fans basing their excitement because of that video.

Right, but if the Bears fans' excitement is only over that video....same logic applies IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That long, lonely, painful walk, was a lot different.

Penix has been a college QB for a quarter of his life. It’s all he knows! And it’s over now.

(And he took a serious beating down the stretch.)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't CW's backup throw 6 TD in the bowl game CW skipped?

:trash: