• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jayden Daniels declares for the NFL Draft and will skip bowl game

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #2, sure. Most likely you would have your choice of tackles. I was talking about taking tackle in the 2nd round (with probably the top 4 or 5 off the board). Not sure Nix makes it to round 2, but he could. I think we could see the top 5 QBs in the first round, but there's still a lot of evaluation and workouts to come first.
Yeah Nox may rise b/c of his experience and pocket awareness. But they have him slated early to mid two at this time, so I was sort of using that as my guide

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Nox may rise b/c of his experience and pocket awareness. But they have him slated early to mid two at this time, so I was sort of using that as my guide

Yeah, all depends on who's projections you look at. Anybody's guess at this point.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he would want more game film so he could get drafted higher than in the 3rd round.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really like mobile first QBs, I'd take Tua over Lamar in a playoff matchup. No I like QBs who hit what they are throwing at first, if they can run that's a bonus. And I don't believe for a second that Daniels is 6'3". But if you like this type of QB he seems to have a lot of potential.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he would want more game film so he could get drafted higher than in the 3rd round.

You think he's lasting to the 3rd round? I wouldn't be surprised if he went top 10.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had hoped he’d come out last year and get drafted by the Lions.

Big fan of what he brings to an offense. Hope he doesn’t go to Chicago or Minnesota.
Minnesota probably backs into the playoffs for a one and done. No chance we get to draft him. Chicago could get him but if they do they should have him sit and watch a few seasons while he bulks up and they draft or trade for some severe oline upgrades. 185 lb guy can only take so many 265 lb blindsided hits before he breaks, that's just physics.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota probably backs into the playoffs for a one and done. No chance we get to draft him. Chicago could get him but if they do they should have him sit and watch a few seasons while he bulks up and they draft or trade for some severe oline upgrades. 185 lb guy can only take so many 265 lb blindsided hits before he breaks, that's just physics.

Their ability to trade up is limited a bit by not having a 3rd rounder to include. That likely would bring in 2025 early picks into the mix to trade up for a QB. They could potentially stand pat and possibly get a Nix/Penix/McCarthy (whomever falls and/or fits the profile they want). Day 2 depth and beyond at QB gets pretty thin quickly in this year's class.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels isn't the fastest QB ever to enter the draft, but he may have the best cutting ability in the open field and running at full speed that I've ever seen. Watch some extensive game film on him and you're see what I mean.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously like this guy and hoping he slips to us at 20-25.

Big QB that can ball. Knows how to read defenses. Not bad when the big lights are on him. Can take care of the football

Top 15 pick

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously like this guy and hoping he slips to us at 20-25.

Big QB that can ball. Knows how to read defenses. Not bad when the big lights are on him. Can take care of the football

Top 15 pick
He might not make it out of the top 5. No one has risen faster in the pre-draft rankings than Daniels and for good reason.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I wanted to say top 10 but i decided to air on the side of cation
If for no other reason than year after year after year, GMs panic and start taking QBs earlier than when normally expected to be drafted. I saw one mock draft where only three QBs are taken in the 1st round and I couldn't help but SMH. I'm betting a minimum of five will go. Doesn't matter whether or not they deserve, it's just the nature of the (NFL drafting) beast.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for no other reason than year after year after year, GMs panic and start taking QBs earlier than when normally expected to be drafted. I saw one mock draft where only three QBs are taken in the 1st round and I couldn't help but SMH. I'm betting a minimum of five will go. Doesn't matter whether or not they deserve, it's just the nature of the (NFL drafting) beast.
To me. It's a crapshoot.................. Every sports draft is.

And what are the things that can make your teams go from Joke to Contender. Well look at Houston last and this year and tell me

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really like mobile first QBs, I'd take Tua over Lamar in a playoff matchup. No I like QBs who hit what they are throwing at first, if they can run that's a bonus. And I don't believe for a second that Daniels is 6'3". But if you like this type of QB he seems to have a lot of potential.
Washington did have to live through RG3. Extremely successful college QB. Skinny. Great runner. Sounds like Daniels.

Daniels probably has the widest draft range of any player in the draft. He is going to need a good height/weight to get into the top 5. But he kinda also needs a team that would pick him over Justin Fields who will likely be on the market and cheaper in terms of draft pick. We've had these discussions in the past with JSN and Devonta Smith after they tore up college but its was always a bit of an enigma as to how high they'd go in the draft. With Daniels, the issue is compounded because teams only get 1 QB so there are only so many landing spots. A Will Levis situation or Lamar Jackson situation where it takes someone to actually stop the fall.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he blows the doors off in the combine and pro day he is likely a top 5 pick. Most definitive top 10. Would not be shocked if he is the best qb in this class. Still a boom/bust prospect-far from a sure thing. That being said, I haven’t watched much film on him so I don’t have a final opinion yet.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington did have to live through RG3. Extremely successful college QB. Skinny. Great runner. Sounds like Daniels.

Daniels probably has the widest draft range of any player in the draft. He is going to need a good height/weight to get into the top 5. But he kinda also needs a team that would pick him over Justin Fields who will likely be on the market and cheaper in terms of draft pick. We've had these discussions in the past with JSN and Devonta Smith after they tore up college but its was always a bit of an enigma as to how high they'd go in the draft. With Daniels, the issue is compounded because teams only get 1 QB so there are only so many landing spots. A Will Levis situation or Lamar Jackson situation where it takes someone to actually stop the fall.
Yep another RGIII. Daniels is praised for his deep ball as well, just as RGIII was. I was onboard with Griffin because he could throw the ball really well and that would transfer as his legs faded. What I didn't anticipate from a guy who said all the right things at the time was he was really a diva who worked hard on his body, not so much with the playbook and learning how to play the position. A pic in the Post circled 5 open receivers, the caption read "Griffin took a sack on this play. I have no idea why". People believe the injury sunk his career when the truth is it was going to sink anyway for those reasons.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be better than any QB in this draft including Caleb Williams

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb has that diva vibe too, I would be very concerned if my team picked him. But he is clearly head and shoulders ahead of the others. I happen to like Maye next, again I'm not a run first QB guy. But all have a lot of risk to them for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with 5. If it ends up more, I'm curious to see who it would be. Maybe McCarthy? I don't see it with him.