• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak believes free agent Everson Griffen is on the Browns' radar.
This isn't surprising given the connections to the Browns' coaching staff. Griffen was with Kevin Stefanski and DC Joe Woods for multiple seasons in Minnesota. The Browns can save $5 million from releasing Olivier Vernon and have been linked to pass rushers to book end with Myles Garrett. After opting out of his Vikings contract, Griffen may have to settle for one-year offers.

They still have so much cap space they could keep Vernon (since he only has one more year) and sign Griffen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have so much cap space they could keep Vernon (since he only has one more year) and sign Griffen.
It seems Inevitable They are gonna get Trent Williams but I bet it's on draft day. No need to overpay. But if u flip a 3rd it's a win. Skins have just handled this so poorly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Inevitable They are gonna get Trent Williams but I bet it's on draft day. No need to overpay. But if u flip a 3rd it's a win. Skins have just handled this so poorly.

For a 3rd and say a later pick I would be jumping for joy. Jets don't seem as interested anymore and Vikings have cap issues they would have to sort out before. I think the Browns are just waiting the Skins out, all the pressure on the Skins to get a deal done before the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 3rd and say a later pick I would be jumping for joy. Jets don't seem as interested anymore and Vikings have cap issues they would have to sort out before. I think the Browns are just waiting the Skins out, all the pressure on the Skins to get a deal done before the draft.
there is, but on the flip side, they may win, waiting till the draft. Say a team like the browns sitting at 10 wants a top tackle. I read an article the other day, theres a very real possibility that without a trade 4 of those tackles are gone before the browns pick at 10, and the jets at 11 definitely want one, and could move up.....

so then draft day comes and someone is desperate for a tackle that missed out on one in the draft and overpays....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is, but on the flip side, they may win, waiting till the draft. Say a team like the browns sitting at 10 wants a top tackle. I read an article the other day, theres a very real possibility that without a trade 4 of those tackles are gone before the browns pick at 10, and the jets at 11 definitely want one, and could move up.....

so then draft day comes and someone is desperate for a tackle that missed out on one in the draft and overpays....

I don't see it exactly happening on draft night. I think at this point both teams are just weighing their options and no rush. And yeah 4 OT's off the board before 10 is definitely a possibility. If 4 OT's go off the board this is what it would look like...

1. Bengals - Burrow
2. Redskins - Young
3. Lions - Okudah/Simmons
4. Giants - Wirfs - OT
5. Dolphins - Tua
6. Chargers - Herbert
7. Panthers - Becton - OT
8. Cardinals - Wills - OT
9. Jags - Thomas - OT
10. Browns

If 4 OT's go off the board that means Simmons/Okudah would still be available most likely and I don't see Simmons/Okudah falling to 10. That seems like a very small possibility imo. If Simmons did fall to 10 I would hope the Browns traded for Trent...bc I love Simmons. I would want the Browns to possibly trade up a couple spots for Simmons if they secured an OT in FA.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it exactly happening on draft night. I think at this point both teams are just weighing their options and no rush. And yeah 4 OT's off the board before 10 is definitely a possibility. If 4 OT's go off the board this is what it would look like...

1. Bengals - Burrow
2. Redskins - Young
4. Giants - Wirfs - OT
5. Dolphins - Tua
6. Chargers - Herbert
9. Jags - Thomas - OT
10. Browns

If 4 OT's go off the board that means Simmons/Okudah would still be available most likely and I don't see Simmons/Okudah falling to 10. That seems like a very small possibility imo. If Simmons did fall to 10 I would hope the Browns traded for Trent...bc I love Simmons. I would want the Browns to possibly trade up a couple spots for Simmons if they secured an OT in FA.
yeah, it was played off in the article as a potential massive loss for the browns, but IMHO, they get a playmaker and trent. I jsut meant the redskins COULD pressure for more, and get it, because they know u or say the jets are desperate....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it was played off in the article as a potential massive loss for the browns, but IMHO, they get a playmaker and trent. I jsut meant the redskins COULD pressure for more, and get it, because they know u or say the jets are desperate....

Yeah I think the Browns are still in a great spot. I think 1 or 2 OT's are off the board by 10 so that gives them 2 options. In fact, I think even if they trade for Trent you could see them taking an OL at 10 or that gives them flexibility to trade back.
I think the Browns and Jets want to give up a 3rd and Skins are holding out for a 2nd...not much of a market for them though so we will see.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the Browns are still in a great spot. I think 1 or 2 OT's are off the board by 10 so that gives them 2 options. In fact, I think even if they trade for Trent you could see them taking an OL at 10 or that gives them flexibility to trade back.
I think the Browns and Jets want to give up a 3rd and Skins are holding out for a 2nd...not much of a market for them though so we will see.
i actually 100% agree with you

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could, but cannot see them paying $10-15 mil to a backup DE.

Curious......do you think the Browns fans who complained about the Berry hire would dump him for Dorsey if they could?

Yeah...controversial Q, but I'm bored as hell.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would think having Callahan a huge edge for us as who would know more than him if acquiring Trent was worth it...and what he might be worth?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw an interesting rumor the other day. well, not an actual rumor. Just a trade scenario as a topic for a show as what else can they talk about if not the outbreak?

Browns get - T. Williams and #2 pick
skins get - #10, a 3rd and 2021 first

Assuming TW worth a 3rd pretty much comes down to the 10 and another 1st for the 2. Unless the Skins just want to dump TW I think they might want more than this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Bengals - Burrow
2. Redskins - Young
4. Giants - Wirfs - OT
5. Dolphins - Tua
6. Chargers - Herbert
9. Jags - Thomas - OT
10. Browns

I could see simmons falling and I hope Browns fans don't lose their shit if he does and they pass. FTR, I would want him in that scenario, but we don't know what they think of him and what value they put on a LB....but I guess if your scenario plays out and all 4 OTs are gone almost have to take who is left from among simmons/Okudah, Brown or trade down.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm close to 100%....just not sure the Browns go OT if their 3rd-4th option at OT is all that is left.
But there is a big 4 closely lumped. There is massive ot talent but 4 stand alone. But I dunno if someone falls, take them trade for Trent, f it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could, but cannot see them paying $10-15 mil to a backup DE.

Curious......do you think the Browns fans who complained about the Berry hire would dump him for Dorsey if they could?

Yeah...controversial Q, but I'm bored as hell.

Yeah looks like Griffen is interested in Seattle but if they did sign him, Vernon is probably gone. THey just got Clayborn so even more so now.

I'm not sure exactly. I like Dorsey for a couple reasons but I always realize he made many mistakes. Berry has been great so far but still a long way to go...I think it is too early to really know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see simmons falling and I hope Browns fans don't lose their shit if he does and they pass. FTR, I would want him in that scenario, but we don't know what they think of him and what value they put on a LB....but I guess if your scenario plays out and all 4 OTs are gone almost have to take who is left from among simmons/Okudah, Brown or trade down.

Yeah we don't know much at this point or what players the Browns value. They do have a need at LB no doubt but don't really know if that is going to be a HUGE priority. FA isn't over yet as well so there is that. We could see some more moves made.

What I think the Browns will do at this point...draft an OL at 10 OR if there are still OT's on the board they like...maybe they trade back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is a big 4 closely lumped. There is massive ot talent but 4 stand alone. But I dunno if someone falls, take them trade for Trent, f it.
This is something fans think. To us, they might be closely lumped" but to those who do this for a living I'd bet they have them all separated. Many are saying some may or may not fit the Browns' new scheme.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah looks like Griffen is interested in Seattle but if they did sign him, Vernon is probably gone. THey just got Clayborn so even more so now.

I'm not sure exactly. I like Dorsey for a couple reasons but I always realize he made many mistakes. Berry has been great so far but still a long way to go...I think it is too early to really know.
too early to "know"? agree.....But if you had to decide right now are you bringing back Dorsey.

an FYI...with $100 mil to spend, the following were Dorsey's FA signings (Berry went into FA with $63 mil). Not one player like Conklin/Hubbard who was best at position AND young. Yes, we still need to see how Berry does in draft, but in first draft Dorsey had picks 1, 4, 33, 35, another 2nd and 65. If memory serves, Berry has 10, 42 and 75

2019 FA signings......
Richardson
Harris
Taylor
Lamm
Kush

Carrie
Hyde
Hubbard
Chris smith

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something fans think. To us, they might be closely lumped" but to those who do this for a living I'd bet they have them all separated. Many are saying some may or may not fit the Browns' new scheme.

Talent wise they could be close but yeah it has to do with fit too. I know Andrew Thomas or Beckton spent their entire career at LT specifically, if the Browns want a franchise LT that could mean a lot more than a guy like Wills, he was a RT last season or Wirfs who played guard and tackle at Iowa.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too early to "know"? agree.....But if you had to decide right now are you bringing back Dorsey.

an FYI...with $100 mil to spend, the following were Dorsey's FA signings (Berry went into FA with $63 mil). Not one player like Conklin/Hubbard who was best at position AND young. Yes, we still need to see how Berry does in draft, but in first draft Dorsey had picks 1, 4, 33, 35, another 2nd and 65. If memory serves, Berry has 10, 42 and 75

2019 FA signings......
Richardson
Harris
Taylor
Lamm
Kush

Carrie
Hyde
Hubbard
Chris smith

I really liked what Dorsey in the draft but of course I wouldn't bring him back bc he have a new FO that picked their guy and their coach to their scheme. Everything has changed so of course not.

Hard to compare FA classes bc there were different options but I would say Berry did much better as of right in FA (still have to see how it plays out during the season) and like you said we will see how the draft goes.

Hard to compare at this point but love the moves Berry has made to this point.