• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he already forfeited his salary LY...imo that's one reason he wants to play this season....initially stating he was "okay" playing for the new HC...maybe he didn't feel the love from Rivera and suddenly he wants $20 mil per. If I'm WAS, I will listen to offers but I would make it clear to TW...your '20 salary is not going to change here. If you want it to change...find a team that will pay you and give us a pick...to help you out, we'll even take a 3rd rounder.

The black bold I believe is Washington stand and sure they have made that clear. The red bold IDK if the Redskins are ready to accept a third rounder yet.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black bold I believe is Washington stand and sure they have made that clear. The red bold IDK if the Redskins are ready to accept a third rounder yet.
I agree. Stick to a 2nd or hold onto him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should start to consider it...the market is not going to get better beyond the draft, unless they are willing to go into the season with him again...maybe a camp injury will make him more valuable.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly believe he's worth more than a 3rd, but at a certain point, a 3rd now is more appealing than a lower 3rd rd comp pick in '22.
between a 3rd & a worse 3rd. I would rather send the message dont play silly games to get your release. Just gonna cost you money in the end.
TW is never getting the money he has lost back. At this point. the skins made their bed (should have moved him last season) Now stick to your guns unless you like the trade value.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should start to consider it...the market is not going to get better beyond the draft, unless they are willing to go into the season with him again...maybe a camp injury will make him more valuable.

The Redskins have a floor with that comp pick. Think they plan to stand firm on receiving a second, but who knows if they stick to that plan. Doubt even the Redskins truly know, but they have been bull headed about "winning" the battles with players in the past so IDK.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest On Redskins & LT Trent Williams | NFLTradeRumors.co

Pretty much what we thought and have discussed. Same shit. WAS believes they have been flexible but TW's demands have stopped negotiations. Trent's agent says otherwise and said the team hasn't been flexible. Two kids arguing in a candy store. The Skins turned down a 2nd earlier in the season bc they wanted a 1st, yet they say they are looking for a 2nd now and teams are offering a "small value return". Well duh, he wants $20M a year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest On Redskins & LT Trent Williams | NFLTradeRumors.co

Pretty much what we thought and have discussed. Same shit. WAS believes they have been flexible but TW's demands have stopped negotiations. Trent's agent says otherwise and said the team hasn't been flexible. Two kids arguing in a candy store. The Skins turned down a 2nd earlier in the season bc they wanted a 1st, yet they say they are looking for a 2nd now and teams are offering a "small value return". Well duh, he wants $20M a year.

In theory Redskins hold the upper hand with the contract they have with Williams. However IDK if having Williams report would work out for them. I would expect Williams to be spewing his hate for the Redskins every step of the way in every possible way. Could really get ugly. Maybe a team like the Browns who have 46 million left in cap space steps up and does a trade?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory Redskins hold the upper hand with the contract they have with Williams. However IDK if having Williams report would work out for them. I would expect Williams to be spewing his hate for the Redskins every step of the way in every possible way. Could really get ugly. Maybe a team like the Browns who have 46 million left in cap space steps up and does a trade?

Yeah not sure they will have quite that much but they have been exploring a trade for Trent for awhile now. They offered the 2nd last year and it was declined so at this point, it's hard to say. They not only have to give the Redskins what they want but also give Trent an extension and a shit ton of money lol. I hope they get him for a 3rd...that would be best case scenario

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure they will have quite that much but they have been exploring a trade for Trent for awhile now. They offered the 2nd last year and it was declined so at this point, it's hard to say. They not only have to give the Redskins what they want but also give Trent an extension and a shit ton of money lol. I hope they get him for a 3rd...that would be best case scenario

Honestly the browns should probably just draft one of the top two at #10

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TW doesn’t change his asking price he’ll have no choice but to play for the skins next season or retire, and if he plays he should want to play his best if he wants to get paid.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is they have:
1) The need for a LT
2) The cap space to give TW a nice contract
3) abundance of draft picks with the full complement of 7 picks plus a extra 3rd

Maybe it's about haggling for the best terms for the Browns?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TW doesn’t change his asking price he’ll have no choice but to play for the skins next season or retire.
Thing is having a locker room cancer report isn't exactly winning.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is having a locker room cancer report isn't exactly winning.

if he’s a cancer I’m sure other teams will notice. He really only hurts himself the way I see it. Skins aren’t in the running for the sb or anything.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunbar. Not to say it isn’t a good get for Seattle I thought skins could’ve at least received a 4th for him, but he was part of the worst third down defense in the league and began running his mouth wanting more money as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the browns should probably just draft one of the top two at #10

I agree and that's even if they were to trade for Trent imo. Get a guy that can play G or T. If Trent is healthy is one of the best in the league but no paying $20M/year that is for damn sure. Giving up the 2nd or 3rd wouldn't be the problem

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he’s a cancer I’m sure other teams will notice. He really only hurts himself the way I see it. Skins aren’t in the running for the sb or anything.

Yes and that why it makes no sense not to trade a aging, unhappy player. Sucks to accept a poor return, but really isn't to their benefit to hold onto him either.