• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its odd.....

I think the Habs will win this deal. With the Gomez buyout & Cole's deal off the books Montreal cleared up some cap space. Ryder has plenty left in the tank. Cole has been awful this year. Bergevin saw an opportunity to dump him & took advantage of it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to have a bunch of cap coming off the books this is the offseason to do it. With all the buyouts that are coming and all the teams that will be up against the cap and non factors in free agency you could absolutely clean up if you play your cards right.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to have a bunch of cap coming off the books this is the offseason to do it. With all the buyouts that are coming and all the teams that will be up against the cap and non factors in free agency you could absolutely clean up if you play your cards right.

Sure like that's worked for my team before.:L

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I am hoping for.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that the Sens open the purse strings this offseason. With Spezza, Karlsson and Cowen all coming back healthy next year, add a couple of good UFAs and the team is a contender.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that the Sens open the purse strings this offseason. With Spezza, Karlsson and Cowen all coming back healthy next year, add a couple of good UFAs and the team is a contender.

The bigger question in Ottawa should be what will Murray do to improve the team for a playoff run before the deadline. Ryan O'Reilly says hello?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question in Ottawa should be what will Murray do to improve the team for a playoff run before the deadline. Ryan O'Reilly says hello?

I thought the latest rumour was that the Avs were looking for a top prospect, a 1st and a young roster player.

So from a Sens prospective that would be something like Zibanejad, Greening and a 2013 1st?

I don't think he's worth that. The Sens have been winning with smoke and mirrors (and a lot of hard work) lately. I'm not sure the playoffs are in the cards and true contention for the Cup certainly is not this year.

Keep the assets and if you want to deal them in the offseason OK. The time is not now to give the depth the team has for a really good player with a crazy father.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Ryan O'Reilly reminds me of a young Mike Fisher, good player, but hardly worth what the Avs are trying to get for him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the latest rumour was that the Avs were looking for a top prospect, a 1st and a young roster player.

So from a Sens prospective that would be something like Zibanejad, Greening and a 2013 1st?

I don't think he's worth that. The Sens have been winning with smoke and mirrors (and a lot of hard work) lately. I'm not sure the playoffs are in the cards and true contention for the Cup certainly is not this year.

Keep the assets and if you want to deal them in the offseason OK. The time is not now to give the depth the team has for a really good player with a crazy father.

I don't think O'Reilly is worth anywhere near what Colorado wants in return. If they don't lower their price they're going to be stuck with him. I expect Murray to trade Bishop at some point when Anderson comes back. The way Ben is playing Murray should be able to get a solid forward or defenseman for him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, if anybody has a top 6 winger with scoring ability that they're looking to unload please contact Louie Lams. We have NHL ready D and some 3/4th line depth guys.

We have Elias 22pts, Kovy/Clarkson 17 each, next up Zidlicky and Greene with 8 a piece. We need goals. I guess that's what happens when you lose Parise and Sykora.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, if anybody has a top 6 winger with scoring ability that they're looking to unload please contact Louie Lams. We have NHL ready D and some 3/4th line depth guys.

We have Elias 22pts, Kovy/Clarkson 17 each, next up Zidlicky and Greene with 8 a piece. We need goals. I guess that's what happens when you lose Parise and Sykora.

Isles fans will give you Kyle Okposo for a NEW ZAMBONI!! Heck we'll even pay for the limo that takes Kyle to the airport.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Okposo on the Devils. I'm willing to bet a change of scenery would do wonders for him. Throw him on a line with Elias and he'll be a 20 goal scorer.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Okposo on the Devils. I'm willing to bet a change of scenery would do wonders for him. Throw him on a line with Elias and he'll be a 20 goal scorer.

Okposo is this years whipping boy on the Isles fansite. I think he needs to be benched, for conditioning purposes like last year. There's a debate as to whether or not he still smokes cigarettes. The majority seem to believe he does.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time is not now to give the depth the team has for a really good player with a crazy father.

For the first time in a long time it seems there is absolute harmony in the Sens locker room, and they are scrapping like dogs for each other.

Do not upset that, no matter how good the player.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The @PredsNHL acquire Joe Piskula (@skoolz43) from Calgary for Brian McGrattan.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob 'Artley wants them to be tough-er ... ask and ye shall receive lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i was feaster and could pull myself away from the buffet i would have claimed Volpatti