• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be...but WBS Pens signed Eaton (and Tom freaking Kostopolous) before the Pens traded Lovejoy. I honestly think the Pens have a sort of glut of D right now. Orpik-Martin pair is solid (Martin is on another world right now), Letang-Nisky is equally solid, the bottom 2 is where it gets interesting. With the addition of Eaton they now have Engelland (who doesn't have *much* of a role anymore), Bortuzzo, Despres, and Eaton. Despres and Bortuzzo both deserve playing time. And Shero saw something in Eaton that equates to him deserving time. And Bylsma really like Engo because...well, his fists I guess. Add into that Joe Morrow sitting in WBS, and Dylan Reese was a pretty serviceable 6-7 Dman. Someone's going. I'd be pretty peeved if they signed Eaton just to send Despres down (because he's the only one who can go back), because he doesn't deserve it.

What about Doumolin the kid they got in the Staal trade from Carolina?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Doumolin the kid they got in the Staal trade from Carolina?

Has been pretty quiet. I think he's one of the guys that would've benefited from a full camp. I mean, we could go into the organizational depth on D for awhile, which once again confuses me with the Eaton addition. They have a good top four and youth to fill the bottom pair. I really dislike the way Bylsma handles them honestly...I like to think that a young guy should be...you know, PLAYING when he's with the big club, so having Bortuzzo and Despres sit is silly. Especially when Engelland is getting under 10 minutes a night to fight (which is irrelevant with Bortuzzo, Glass, Vitale, etc. on the ice).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been rumblings about Toronto possibly trading Liles. We have no idea who Shero might think is expendable if anyone. However, with so many teams in need of D help something could be up.

I have no idea who Shero thinks is necessary. Second highest scoring team in the league, so is a winger really needed? I mean, getting Sid his own version of Neal would sure be nice, but a veteran shutdown guy on D would be nice. Liles? Not for 3.75M for another three years.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BD-1T8OCQAAzT1f.jpg

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@D_LEED: A GM watching a team three times in that amount of time is a little out of the ordinary. #Flyers #Blues

Dat speculation

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@D_LEED: A GM watching a team three times in that amount of time is a little out of the ordinary. #Flyers #Blues

Dat speculation

I'm so used to deadline day being around...well, now, that I'm disappointed whenever it never goes beyond speculation. I love trades. The bigger the better. It seems that the Blues are pretty active in the scouting department. Armstrong was in Pittsburgh for the Panthers matchup. Perhaps he enjoys the keystone state. Hah. Of course last week Shero stopping in Minnesota for a Avs tilt was the talk of town. Ohhhh twitter.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dat speculation

I'm sure the Blues have several players the Flyers would be interested in. My first guess is Brian Elliot. He hasn't played to well this year, but there aren't many goalies out their who Bryz is better than at this point.:D:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Blues have several players the Flyers would be interested in. My first guess is Brian Elliot. He hasn't played to well this year, but there aren't many goalies out their who Bryz is better than at this point.:D:

If Elliott is even remotely available, I want him. That guy, while having a rough stretch at the moment, is as mechanically sound as anyone in the game right now.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elliott is even remotely available, I want him. That guy, while having a rough stretch at the moment, is as mechanically sound as anyone in the game right now.

Jake Allen proved himself to be a legit NHL goalie during his time with the big club. Maybe Elliott could be available. We'll just have to wait & see. I'd love to see the Isles pry Chris Stewart away, but he's been playing far to well for the Blues to even consider trading him at this point I would think.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Elliot moving, but the Blues aren't moving NHL talent. Not at fourth in the West.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blockbuster

Flames acquired Mike Testwuide from the Flyers for Mitch Wahl.