• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP MAKING IT HARDER FOR ME TO ACCEPT THAT THIS ISN'T HAPPENING. :(

I once asked for Hossa when the deadline day was on my birthday...I got him, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never get the guy I ask for again, hahaha. I tend to think Alfie will choose between a run at the Cup or coming back next year. From what I've read he's still debating next year...but at 40 that's gotta be tough.

images

"Child's Play"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, all of these older guys are on HGH or some variation right? Marty, Teemu, Jagr, Lidstrom had to have been, 45 year old Chelios. I'm perfectly ok with it by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its old man strength ... sinewy tendons!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find playing at a professional level at such an age extremely impressive. I viewed a million arthritic x-rays/mri's the past few weeks...just no idea.

I am going to be 43 this summer. I am considering a return to BMX.

I'm saying you have to be crazy. That's what I am saying. Nuttier than a fruit cake.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, all of these older guys are on HGH or some variation right? Marty, Teemu, Jagr, Lidstrom had to have been, 45 year old Chelios. I'm perfectly ok with it by the way.

They've ruined their bodies at the very least. Shot up with tons of cortizone, etc.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think he wouldn't want to play for the Pens as long as Matt Cooke plays there. Karlsson is like Alfie's son and I don't think either of them were too crazy about the way Cooke went in on the "accident", or are fond of Cooke in general.

If the Pens fail to land Alfie you should just blame Matt Cooke. :hockeysmile:

Real simple fix, Cooke for Alfredsson straight up... :ss:

/I would have offered Letang too Kenny, but i know your feelings on him lol

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could make a reality show out of it. Trade Cooke to various teams and see which one kicks his ass quickest.

Favo(u)rites are currently Ottawa and Boston.

No, it would have to be one of those auction shows where the teams bid on who gets to beat his ass. Then set him loose like the Amazing race and let them go get him. Only way to get any episodes out of it.

Cuz he isn't coming out of the first locker room alive, no matter who it is.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins Sign Defenseman Mark Eaton - Pittsburgh Penguins - News

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed defenseman Mark Eaton to a one-year contract, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

The deal has an average annual value of $725,000.

Eaton, 35, rejoins the Penguins for his second stint after previously playing four seasons with the team between 2006-10. He was a member of the Penguins’ 2009 Stanley Cup championship squad and he helped the team reach the ’08 Cup Final.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where the Pens are going with the Eaton signing. Really thinking someone gets moved on D...just no idea who. I don't like the idea of moving Bortuzzo or Despres because they're capable and cheap. If it were my decision I'd be thinking of moving Engelland, but no idea what value he has. That said, Bylsma likes him more than Bortuzzo and Despres because he can punch people.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where the Pens are going with the Eaton signing. Really thinking someone gets moved on D...just no idea who. I don't like the idea of moving Bortuzzo or Despres because they're capable and cheap. If it were my decision I'd be thinking of moving Engelland, but no idea what value he has. That said, Bylsma likes him more than Bortuzzo and Despres because he can punch people.

Think something bigger. The Neal trade came out of nowhere. So many teams need defenseman right now it's amazing. Maybe this is just a depth move, we shall see.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think something bigger. The Neal trade came out of nowhere. So many teams need defenseman right now it's amazing. Maybe this is just a depth move, we shall see.

Could be...but WBS Pens signed Eaton (and Tom freaking Kostopolous) before the Pens traded Lovejoy. I honestly think the Pens have a sort of glut of D right now. Orpik-Martin pair is solid (Martin is on another world right now), Letang-Nisky is equally solid, the bottom 2 is where it gets interesting. With the addition of Eaton they now have Engelland (who doesn't have *much* of a role anymore), Bortuzzo, Despres, and Eaton. Despres and Bortuzzo both deserve playing time. And Shero saw something in Eaton that equates to him deserving time. And Bylsma really like Engo because...well, his fists I guess. Add into that Joe Morrow sitting in WBS, and Dylan Reese was a pretty serviceable 6-7 Dman. Someone's going. I'd be pretty peeved if they signed Eaton just to send Despres down (because he's the only one who can go back), because he doesn't deserve it.