• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Poni is well traveled - Since 2010, he's played for the Leafs, Penguins, Kings, Hurricanes, Devils, Jets, and now the Devils again.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Poni is well traveled - Since 2010, he's played for the Leafs, Penguins, Kings, Hurricanes, Devils, Jets, and now the Devils again.

Took him over 2 years to travel to all those places?

They should cal him Poni Express.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird trade imo

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
Canadiens acquire goaltender Dustin Tokarski from Tampa Bay in return for Cédrick Desjardins

Desjardins ... once a Rollie Melanson pupil

Hmmm????

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird trade imo

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
Canadiens acquire goaltender Dustin Tokarski from Tampa Bay in return for Cédrick Desjardins

Desjardins ... once a Rollie Melanson pupil

Hmmm????

Desjardins + Ryan Malone for one of Vancouver's goalies (I'm not sure which one they want to keep these days).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes
GM Yzerman said trade for Desjardins was because in case of injury to Lindback or Garon "we weren't comfortable with our options right now."

sure Steve ... whatever you say :eyebrows:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
As reported by the Sun Saturday, Alfredsson will be targetted by the Bruins and Penguins is Sens fall out of playoff race. #Sens

I know its BRuce. but can you imagine if the Pens got Alfie...... good gravy........

I hope the canucks take a crack at him for the deadline

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iginla was pretty much the best flame last night (after Joey Mac)

and Bernier played ... yes it was the second game in a back to back BUT

Im not sayin ... Im just sayin ...

SHOWCASE!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
As reported by the Sun Saturday, Alfredsson will be targetted by the Bruins and Penguins is Sens fall out of playoff race. #Sens

I know its BRuce. but can you imagine if the Pens got Alfie...... good gravy........

I hope the canucks take a crack at him for the deadline

Say WHAT?! I...I didn't even consider him. Wh...just...when? I mean, yeah, Garrioch, but he's talking about the Sens, so I trust him a bit more in that instance.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say WHAT?! I...I didn't even consider him. Wh...just...when? I mean, yeah, Garrioch, but he's talking about the Sens, so I trust him a bit more in that instance.

On a line with Sid or Geno Alfie would still be capable of some serious damage.

I don't think he goes anywhere, but if he does I think it's out west. I don't think he would want to risk playing against Ottawa. Vancouver would be the best fit, IMO.

Alfie has said he'd rather play his whole career with the Sens than try for a Cup as a deadline acquisition. Management have said they'll move him only if he comes to them and asks for a chance at a Cup. He's playing pretty decent right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign for one more and try to make a run with a healthy roster next year.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he goes anywhere, but if he does I think it's out west. I don't think he would want to risk playing against Ottawa. Vancouver would be the best fit, IMO.

Alfie has said he'd rather play his whole career with the Sens than try for a Cup as a deadline acquisition. Management have said they'll move him only if he comes to them and asks for a chance at a Cup. He's playing pretty decent right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign for one more and try to make a run with a healthy roster next year.

He'd look good in Red and White also. He meets all the age and nationality requirements..

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I see this as being much more likely. He has a NTC then? Regardless I know the Sens wouldn't trade him without his consent. Still...now I'm off fantasizing about him on the Geno/Neal line *drools*. I want a Swede Ray! I imagine he'd cost too much in assets though...they won't trade him cheaply.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note though: there's no way in my mind that the Pens don't acquire a pretty big player. Not with all that cap space.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him to Chicago and Reunite him with Hossa and Necktie.

Srsly tho. He only goes if he wants. He's earned that.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see this as being much more likely. He has a NTC then? Regardless I know the Sens wouldn't trade him without his consent. Still...now I'm off fantasizing about him on the Geno/Neal line *drools*. I want a Swede Ray! I imagine he'd cost too much in assets though...they won't trade him cheaply.

Actually I'm pretty sure if he tells Murray he wants to go to team X, Murray will make it happen for whatever that team offers (within reason).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'm pretty sure if he tells Murray he wants to go to team X, Murray will make it happen for whatever that team offers (within reason).

STOP MAKING IT HARDER FOR ME TO ACCEPT THAT THIS ISN'T HAPPENING. :(

I once asked for Hossa when the deadline day was on my birthday...I got him, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never get the guy I ask for again, hahaha. I tend to think Alfie will choose between a run at the Cup or coming back next year. From what I've read he's still debating next year...but at 40 that's gotta be tough.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP MAKING IT HARDER FOR ME TO ACCEPT THAT THIS ISN'T HAPPENING. :(

I once asked for Hossa when the deadline day was on my birthday...I got him, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never get the guy I ask for again, hahaha. I tend to think Alfie will choose between a run at the Cup or coming back next year. From what I've read he's still debating next year...but at 40 that's gotta be tough.

Actually I think he wouldn't want to play for the Pens as long as Matt Cooke plays there. Karlsson is like Alfie's son and I don't think either of them were too crazy about the way Cooke went in on the "accident", or are fond of Cooke in general.

If the Pens fail to land Alfie you should just blame Matt Cooke. :hockeysmile: