• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The '20-'21 White Sox offseason

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One AL team I would keep an eye out for are the Blue Jays. They are being very aggressive this offseason and were already a playoff team before busting any moves. I'd rank them at this moment the #2 team in the East and closing in fast on the Yankees for the top spot.

There's gonna be like 3-4 AL teams playing well that we'll have to get through 2-3 of them come playoff time if we actually wanted to win it all...Same sh*t every year. Most of the teams that would be in that group have probably not improved more than us with JUST the Lynn trade in consideration. The gap is narrow and we're up there. That's all that you can ask for. Lotta things coming up White Sox right now...We'll see how it goes. If Moncada plays like 2019 or better, we're gonna be regular season ridic imo.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has become the norm of late, we're not sure if the Sox are thru shopping this offseason. On this particular post, I'm concentrating on discussing whether we should be going after another pitcher still on the market whose name is not Bauer. Probably the four biggest names left are:

Masahiro Tanaka
Taijuan Walker
Jake Odorizzi
James Paxton

It can be argued as to whether those are the best four remaining, but whatever. First off, there is jack squat, rumor-wise, indicating that the Sox are in the market for another starter, so this is just me throwing shit out there for the sake of discussion. Tanaka has been my pick for a while as to going after a middle rotation signing, but reports are coming in that he's definitely heading back to the Empire of the Sun. This leaves Walker, age 28, Odorizzi, age 30, and Paxton, age 32.

Walker is the youngest and perhaps with the highest upside of the three, regardless of age. But he's pitched very little in the last 3 years.
Odorizzi missed much of last season, but in the prior 6 seasons he's been somewhat of a workhorse, making between 28 and 33 starts.
Paxton, the only lefty in this group, who has also battled injuries over the years, had a terrible '20 before having to call it a season by undergoing back surgery. In the immediate years before then, he was a dependable, winning starter.

If given a choice as armchair GM, I'd have the Sox take a flyer on Paxton. He recently threw for some scouts to see if he recovered from that back surgery and it apparently went very well. I don't know if the Sox had anyone there watching tho. His FB was already up to 94mph, which is a really good sign. And being the oldest of the three, Paxton would likely garner the shortest, cheapest contract (music to Jerry's ears). In fact, he may have no choice but to sign a prove it one year or at best a 1+1. He's a lefty, which kinda balances out our RH-heavy rotation and prospects for such. He's also the hardest thrower and has an otherwise nice k rate, altho his BB rate had been climbing as well. His signing would give Kopech the opportunity to either build up some innings in AAA ball or possibly get some additional experience pitching out of the pen. And if Paxton gets injured at some point in the season, there's big Mike ready to step in!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Nightengale - says the White Sox are not interested in Nelson Cruz. Nightengale is the guy Kenny Williams leaks to- to get information out. Must be true.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Nightengale - says the White Sox are not interested in Nelson Cruz. Nightengale is the guy Kenny Williams leaks to- to get information out. Must be true.
And apparently so did Steve Stone say this as well. And generally when he says the Sox are going after such and such type of player or not going after a specific player, you can generally take it to the bank.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently so did Steve Stone say this as well. And generally when he says the Sox are going after such and such type of player or not going after a specific player, you can generally take it to the bank.

Welp...Another notch in the "LSD got my hopes up then they were crushed" belt...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...Another notch in the "LSD got my hopes up then they were crushed" belt...
Sorry buddy, I only reports what I sees. Hey, who knows, maybe the Sox brass are pulling a rope-a-dope on all this.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry buddy, I only reports what I sees. Hey, who knows, maybe the Sox brass are pulling a rope-a-dope on all this.

I still think we've got one more "splash" type move coming...I guess we'll find out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we've got one more "splash" type move coming...I guess we'll find out.
I'm still scratching my nuts over why we haven't inked Rosario. He seems like the perfect fit for at least a single season. A LH power/RBI bat who can play the OF, altho he's no gold glover. It's that double addition in signing him to the Sox and away from the Twins that would make it even sweeter. Perhaps he's holding out for too much coin. Otherwise, if not the Sox, you would think there'd be buku number of other teams who could use his stick.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still scratching my nuts over why we haven't inked Rosario. He seems like the perfect fit for at least a single season. A LH power/RBI bat who can play the OF, altho he's no gold glover. It's that double addition in signing him to the Sox and away from the Twins that would make it even sweeter. Perhaps he's holding out for too much coin. Otherwise, if not the Sox, you would think there'd be buku number of other teams who could use his stick.

Could be...I still think they're more inclined to sign guys from within our division, which is whey when you brought up Cruz it seemed probable. We'll find out soon enough...Spring training not too far off. Although I was just reading that they were looking to delay officially.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you f'n believe this?????????

8 stinking million, that's it. You know damn well if the Whatevers are willing to ink him, then they got themselves a tremendous bargain. WTF is with Hahn/Williams/Reinsdorf????? This guy was there for the taking!!! Granted, I wanted to make sure that at least the Twins didn't re-sign Rosario, but he's still gonna end up making lots of trouble for us in a Central uniform. And for same amount we're paying Eaton. Un-freaking-believable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're bringing back Rodon.

Will he be the 5th starter? Think I'm gonna file this one under Yikes! Altho this article doesn't state the amount, another one claims it's a 1/$3m deal. Sox definitely taking the el cheapo route on this. I will say tho that if Rodon is healthy (and there's that damn if word again), he'll be a relative bargain. But I'm definitely not counting any chickens on it whatsoever.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will he be the 5th starter? Think I'm gonna file this one under Yikes! Altho this article doesn't state the amount, another one claims it's a 1/$3m deal. Sox definitely taking the el cheapo route on this. I will say tho that if Rodon is healthy (and there's that damn if word again), he'll be a relative bargain. But I'm definitely not counting any chickens on it whatsoever.
he should pay the sox to play.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katz will fix his arm - no worries here.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*audible groan*