• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The '20-'21 White Sox offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't eat lamb...The taste just doesn't work for me.

However....

1103965_DecoratedLambCake_370x370.jpg
Hahaha, I'm the EXACT same way Jid. For some reason, I just don't like the taste of lamb, it's quite funky compared to the other main meats.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, I'm the EXACT same way Jid. For some reason, I just don't like the taste of lamb, it's quite funky compared to the other main meats.

There is only one time I've ever eaten lamb and enjoyed it for whatever reason. That's at Greek Islands restaurant on Halsted in Chicago. Haven't been there in a LONG time...but man they had a leg of lamb with rosa marina (orzo) pasta in a red sauce that was pretty damn good. We're going back years though. Not sure if they still serve it like that. Other than that, every experience I've had with lamb has been met with regret because of that weird taste.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one time I've ever eaten lamb and enjoyed it for whatever reason. That's at Greek Islands restaurant on Halsted in Chicago. Haven't been there in a LONG time...but man they had a leg of lamb with rosa marina (orzo) pasta in a red sauce that was pretty damn good. We're going back years though. Not sure if they still serve it like that. Other than that, every experience I've had with lamb has been met with regret because of that weird taste.
True gyros is actually a blend of beef and lamb and I love that - can eat it all day and twice on Sundays. And back when I was living in SoCal, there use to be an Indian restaurant where the Mrs. and I would dine on occasion. One of their appetizers was a lamb sausage, and I really liked that too. But straight up lamb..........no thanks.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True gyros is actually a blend of beef and lamb and I love that - can eat it all day and twice on Sundays. And back when I was living in SoCal, there use to be an Indian restaurant where the Mrs. and I would dine on occasion. One of their appetizers was a lamb sausage, and I really liked that too. But straight up lamb..........no thanks.

Gyros is definitely the bomb. Although I'm not sure what happened to the places down here in Florida with the Greek restaurants. All of them like to put lettuce on gyros. I don't recall that being a thing in my time in Chicago. I mean, lettuce is pretty nondescript and is usually a good sandwich add, but I find it out of place in gyros.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering tho Mingo if Lamb's signing isn't more of a threat to Mendick than Hamilton. Lamb is strictly INF only, so to me that might put more pressure on Mendick in making the cut.
Lamb doesn't play 2nd or short either - so choose your poison. I don't think it makes sense to pickup Lamb to replace Mendick after Mendick has had success as a utility infielder.

It's likely the Sox will have Eloy and Engel on the injured list to start the season - with Vaughn playing LF and L. Garcia in the wings for the outfield spots. What the Sox do when Engel is ready - is perhaps the ultimate choice.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb doesn't play 2nd or short either - so choose your poison. I don't think it makes sense to pickup Lamb to replace Mendick after Mendick has had success as a utility infielder.

It's likely the Sox will have Eloy and Engel on the injured list to start the season - with Vaughn playing LF and L. Garcia in the wings for the outfield spots. What the Sox do when Engel is ready - is perhaps the ultimate choice.
I guess I'm not sure why they signed Lamb - a bit confusing, but then again, the brass knows the team and its needs a helluva lot better than I do. All I know at this point is we're less healthy to start the '21 campaign then we were last season. And that is a (non Aaron) Bummer.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate effort to redirect thread back to White Sox.

However, tl;dr...All I see is "blah blah blah Goddamn I want a gyros now blah blah"

Good Guys eat tzatziki.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate effort to redirect thread back to White Sox.

However, tl;dr...All I see is "blah blah blah Goddamn I want a gyros now blah blah"

Good Guys eat tzatziki.
Greek food - make that Mediterranean food in general rules!!